- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 847849, 8 pages
MicroRNA Regulation of Cholesterol Metabolism
Marc and Ruti Bell Vascular Biology and Disease Program, Leon H. Charney Division of Cardiology, Departments of Medicine and Cell Biology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Received 24 April 2012; Accepted 29 June 2012
Academic Editor: Jean Davignon
Copyright © 2012 Noemi Rotllan and Carlos Fernández-Hernando. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [10 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Takashi Nagano, Kazuma Higashisaka, Akiyoshi Kunieda, Yuki Iwahara, Kota Tanaka, Kazuya Nagano, Yasuhiro Abe, Haruhiko Kamada, Shin-ichi Tsunoda, Hiromi Nabeshi, Tomoaki Yoshikawa, Yasuo Yoshioka, and Yasuo Tsutsumi, “Liver-specific microRNAs as biomarkers of nanomaterial-induced liver damage,” Nanotechnology, vol. 24, no. 40, pp. 405102, 2013.
- Praveen Sethupathy, “Needles in the genetic haystack of lipid disorders: single nucleotide polym orphisms in the microRNA regulome,” Journal of Lipid Research, vol. 54, no. 5, pp. 1168–1173, 2013.
- Albert Descoteaux, Neda Moradin, and Guillermo Arango Duque, “Leishmania Dices Away Cholesterol for Survival,” Cell Host & Microbe, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 245–247, 2013.
- Jiajia Xu, Guangjing Hu, Ming Lu, Ying Xiong, Qin Li, Catherine C. Y. Chang, Baoliang Song, and Tayuan Chang, “MiR-9 reduces human acyl-coenzyme A:cholesterol acyltransferase-1 to decrea se THP-1 macrophage-derived foam cell formation,” Acta Biochimica et Biophysica Sinica, vol. 45, no. 11, pp. 953–962, 2013.
- Xinghui Sun, Nathan Belkin, and Mark W. Feinberg, “Endothelial MicroRNAs and Atherosclerosis,” Current Atherosclerosis Reports, vol. 15, no. 12, 2013.
- Antonios N. Gargalionis, “Insights in microRNAs Biology,” Current Topics In Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 13, no. 13, pp. 1493–1502, 2013.
- Vasiliki Tsigkou, Maria Lymperi, Athanasios G. Papavassiliou, Christina Kollia, Efthimia K. Basdra, Evangelos Oikonomou, Eleni Kokkou, and Porfyrios Korompelis, “MicroRNAs: Novel Diagnostic and Prognostic Biomarkers in Atherosclerosis,” Current Topics In Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 13, no. 13, pp. 1503–1517, 2013.
- Savas Mazaris, Evangelos Oikonomou, Christina Kollia, Panagiotis Tourikis, Giorgos Zakynthinos, Eleni Kokkou, Christodoulos Stefanadis, and Dimitris Tousoulis, “MicroRNAs in Cardiovascular Therapeutics,” Current Topics In Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 13, no. 13, pp. 1605–1618, 2013.
- Z Shan Zhen, W Li Wen, Xl Huang Xue-ling, Zl Li Zi-lun, Y Teng Yuan, Js Wang Jin-song, Cs Ye Cai-sheng, Xx Li Xiao-xi, Gq Chang Guang-qi, Sm Wang Shen-ming, and C Yao Chen, “Differentially expressed microRNAs at different stages of atherosclerosis i n ApoE-deficient mice,” Chinese Medical Journal, vol. 126, no. 3, pp. 515–520, 2013.
- Himanshi Bhatia, Gaurav Verma, and Malabika Datta, “miR-107 orchestrates ER stress induction and lipid accumulation by post-transcriptional regulation of fatty acid synthase in hepatocytes,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Gene Regulatory Mechanisms, 2014.