- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 847849, 8 pages
MicroRNA Regulation of Cholesterol Metabolism
Marc and Ruti Bell Vascular Biology and Disease Program, Leon H. Charney Division of Cardiology, Departments of Medicine and Cell Biology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Received 24 April 2012; Accepted 29 June 2012
Academic Editor: Jean Davignon
Copyright © 2012 Noemi Rotllan and Carlos Fernández-Hernando. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [29 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Takashi Nagano, Kazuma Higashisaka, Akiyoshi Kunieda, Yuki Iwahara, Kota Tanaka, Kazuya Nagano, Yasuhiro Abe, Haruhiko Kamada, Shin-ichi Tsunoda, Hiromi Nabeshi, Tomoaki Yoshikawa, Yasuo Yoshioka, and Yasuo Tsutsumi, “Liver-specific microRNAs as biomarkers of nanomaterial-induced liver damage,” Nanotechnology, vol. 24, no. 40, pp. 405102, 2013.
- Praveen Sethupathy, “Needles in the genetic haystack of lipid disorders: single nucleotide polymorphisms in the microRNA regulome,” Journal Of Lipid Research, vol. 54, no. 5, pp. 1168–1173, 2013.
- Albert Descoteaux, Neda Moradin, and Guillermo Arango Duque, “Leishmania Dices Away Cholesterol for Survival,” Cell Host & Microbe, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 245–247, 2013.
- Jiajia Xu, Guangjing Hu, Ming Lu, Ying Xiong, Qin Li, Catherine C. Y. Chang, Baoliang Song, Tayuan Chang, and Boliang Li, “MiR-9 reduces human acyl-coenzyme A:cholesterol acyltransferase-1 to decrease THP-1 macrophage-derived foam cell formation,” Acta Biochimica et Biophysica Sinica, vol. 45, no. 11, pp. 953–962, 2013.
- Xinghui Sun, Nathan Belkin, and Mark W. Feinberg, “Endothelial MicroRNAs and Atherosclerosis,” Current Atherosclerosis Reports, vol. 15, no. 12, 2013.
- Antonios N. Gargalionis, “Insights in microRNAs Biology,” Current Topics In Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 13, no. 13, pp. 1493–1502, 2013.
- Vasiliki Tsigkou, Maria Lymperi, Athanasios G. Papavassiliou, Christina Kollia, Efthimia K. Basdra, Evangelos Oikonomou, Eleni Kokkou, and Porfyrios Korompelis, “MicroRNAs: Novel Diagnostic and Prognostic Biomarkers in Atherosclerosis,” Current Topics In Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 13, no. 13, pp. 1503–1517, 2013.
- Savas Mazaris, Evangelos Oikonomou, Christina Kollia, Panagiotis Tourikis, Giorgos Zakynthinos, Eleni Kokkou, Christodoulos Stefanadis, and Dimitris Tousoulis, “MicroRNAs in Cardiovascular Therapeutics,” Current Topics In Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 13, no. 13, pp. 1605–1618, 2013.
- Xx Li Xiao-xi, Gq Chang Guang-qi, Sm Wang Shen-ming, C Yao Chen, Z Shan Zhen, W Li Wen, Xl Huang Xue-ling, Wj Wang Wen-jian, Zl Li Zi-lun, Y Teng Yuan, Js Wang Jin-song, and Cs Ye Cai-sheng, “Differentially expressed microRNAs at different stages of atherosclerosis in ApoE-deficient mice,” Chinese Medical Journal, vol. 126, no. 3, pp. 515–520, 2013.
- Shyamala Thirunavukkarasu, Kumudika de Silva, Karren M. Plain, and Richard J. Whittington, “ Role of host- and pathogen-associated lipids in directing the immune response in mycobacterial infections, with emphasis on Mycobacterium avium subsp. paratuberculosis ,” Critical Reviews in Microbiology, pp. 1–13, 2014.
- Byung-Chul Jeong, In-Hong Kang, and Jeong-Tae Koh, “MicroRNA-302a Inhibits Adipogenesis by Suppressing Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptor γ Expression,” FEBS Letters, 2014.
- Qian Yang, Suzhen Fu, and Jie Wang, “Hepatitis C virus infection decreases the expression of Toll-like receptors 3 and 7 via upregulation of miR-758,” Archives of Virology, 2014.
- Xinghui Sun, and Mark W. Feinberg, “MicroRNA-Management of Lipoprotein Homeostasis,” Circulation Research, vol. 115, no. 1, pp. 2–6, 2014.
- S. García-Rodríguez, S. Arias-Santiago, J. Orgaz-Molina, C. Magro-Checa, I. Valenzuela, P. Navarro, R. Naranjo-Sintes, J. Sancho, and M. Zubiaur, “Abnormal Levels of Expression of Plasma MicroRNA-33 in Patients With Psoriasis,” Actas Dermo-Sifiliográficas (English Edition), 2014.
- Yi Jia, Joanne Domenico, Christina Swasey, Meiqin Wang, Erwin W. Gelfand, and Joseph J. Lucas, “Modulated Expression of Genes Encoding Estrogen Metabolizing Enzymes by G1-Phase Cyclin-Dependent Kinases 6 and 4 in Human Breast Cancer Cells,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 5, 2014.
- S. García-Rodríguez, S. Arias-Santiago, J. Orgaz-Molina, C. Magro-Checa, I. Valenzuela, P. Navarro, R. Naranjo-Sintes, J. Sancho, and M. Zubiaur, “Alteraciones en los niveles de expresión del microARN-33 en plasma de pacientes con psoriasis,” Actas Dermo-Sifiliográficas, 2014.
- Giovanni Blandino, Francesco Fazi, Sara Donzelli, Merav Kedmi, Aldema Sas-Chen, Paola Muti, Sabrina Strano, and Yosef Yarden, “Tumor Suppressor MicroRNAs: a novel non-coding alliance against cancer,” FEBS Letters, 2014.
- Byung-Sung Park, and Sang-Oh Park, “Extracts of Housefly Maggot Reduces Blood Cholesterol in Hypercholesterolemic Rats,” Journal of the Korean Oil Chemists' Society, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 101–112, 2014.
- Zuhier Awan, Michel Chretien, and Majambu Mbikay, “A Key Modulator of Cardiovascular Health,” Circulation Research, vol. 114, no. 6, pp. 1022–1036, 2014.
- Himanshi Bhatia, Gaurav Verma, and Malabika Datta, “miR-107 orchestrates ER stress induction and lipid accumulation by post-transcriptional regulation of fatty acid synthase in hepatocytes,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Gene Regulatory Mechanisms, 2014.
- Brian Chan, Jacob Manley, Jae Lee, and Shree Ram Singh, “Roles of microRNA in cancer metabolism,” Cancer Letters, 2014.
- Qingqin S. Li, Antonio R. Parrado, Mahesh N. Samtani, and Vaibhav A. Narayan, “Variations in the FRA10AC1 Fragile Site and 15q21 Are Associated with Cerebrospinal Fluid A beta(1-42) Level,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 8, 2015.
- Guoqiang Chen, Xiutong Fang, and Meng Yu, “Regulation of gene expression in rats with spinal cord injury based on microarray data,” Molecular Medicine Reports, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 2465–2472, 2015.
- U. Can, M. Buyukinan, and F. H. Yerlikaya, “The investigation of circulating microRNAs associated with lipid metabolism in childhood obesity,” Pediatric Obesity, 2015.
- Lichun Qi, Jixin Zhi, Tong Zhang, Xue Cao, Lixiu Sun, Yuanyuan Xu, and Xueqi Li, “Inhibition of microRNA-25 by tumor necrosis factor alpha is critical in the modulation of vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation,” Molecular Medicine Reports, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 4353–4358, 2015.
- Liliane Pfeiffer, Simone Wahl, Luke C. Pilling, Eva Reischl, Johanna K. Sandling, Sonja Kunze, Lesca M. Holdt, Anja Kretschmer, Katharina Schramm, Jerzy Adamski, Norman Klopp, Thomas Illig, Asa K. Hedman, Michael Roden, Dena G. Hernandez, Andrew B. Singleton, Wolfgang E. Thasler, Harald Grallert, Christian Gieger, Christian Herder, Daniel Teupser, Christa Meisinger, Timothy D. Spector, Florian Kronenberg, Holger Prokisch, David Melzer, Annette Peters, Panos Deloukas, Luigi Ferrucci, and Melanie Waldenberger, “DNA Methylation of Lipid-Related Genes Affects Blood Lipid Levels,” Circulation-Cardiovascular Genetics, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 334–+, 2015.
- Hongwei Wang, Chunhua Yan, Xiaodong Shi, Jiaolin Zheng, Lili Deng, Lei Yang, Fangfei Yu, Yuxia Shao, and Fuzhen Lv, “MicroRNA-575 targets BLID to promote growth and invasion of non-small cell lung cancer cells,” FEBS Letters, 2015.
- Hui Han, Guangjin Qu, Chenghua Han, Yuhong Wang, Tingting Sun, Fengqing Li, Junxiao Wang, and Shanshun Luo, “MiR-34a, miR-21 and miR-23a as potential biomarkers for coronary artery disease: a pilot microarray study and confirmation in a 32 patient cohort,” Experimental & Molecular Medicine, vol. 47, no. 2, pp. e138, 2015.
- Byung-Sung Park, and Sang-Oh Park, “Lowering Lipid Mechanism of the Ethanol Extracts from Maggot of Musca domestica in Rats Fed a High-Cholesterol Diet,” International Journal Of Pharmacology, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 1–9, 2015.