- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 861924, 7 pages
Use of Lipid-Lowering Medications and the Likelihood of Achieving Optimal LDL-Cholesterol Goals in Coronary Artery Disease Patients
1Cardiology Consultants of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
2Division of Cardiology, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
3Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Drexel University School of Public Health, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Received 17 April 2012; Revised 10 June 2012; Accepted 12 June 2012
Academic Editor: Jan Wouter Jukema
Copyright © 2012 Dean G. Karalis et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [16 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Paul Lee, and Robert A Hegele, “Current Phase II proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin 9 inhibitor therapies for dyslipidemia,” Expert Opinion on Investigational Drugs, pp. 1–13, 2013.
- Peter P. Toth, JoAnne M. Foody, Joanne E. Tomassini, Shiva G. Sajjan, Dena R. Ramey, David R. Neff, Andrew M. Tershakovec, X. Henry Hu, and Kaan Tunceli, “Therapeutic practice patterns related to statin potency and ezetimibe/simvastatin combination therapies in lowering LDL-C in patients with high-risk cardiovascular disease,” Journal of Clinical Lipidology, 2013.
- Rose Q. Do, Robert A. Vogel, and Gregory G. Schwartz, “PCSK9 Inhibitors: Potential in Cardiovascular Therapeutics,” Current Cardiology Reports, vol. 15, no. 3, 2013.
- Helen M. Colhoun, Jennifer G. Robinson, Michel Farnier, Bertrand Cariou, Dirk Blom, Dean J. Kereiakes, Christelle Lorenzato, Robert Pordy, and Umesh Chaudhari, “Efficacy and safety of alirocumab, a fully human PCSK9 monoclonal antibody, in high cardiovascular risk patients with poorly controlled hypercholesterolemia on maximally tolerated doses of statins: rationale and design of the ODYSSEY COMBO I and II trials,” Bmc Cardiovascular Disorders, vol. 14, 2014.
- Kgothatso E. Machaba, Sinazo Z. Z. Cobongela, Rebamang A. Mosa, Lawal A. Oladipupo, Trayana G. Djarova, and Andy R. Opoku, “In vivo anti-hyperlipidemic activity of the triterpene from the stem bark of Protorhus longifolia (Benrh) Engl,” Lipids in Health and Disease, vol. 13, 2014.
- JoAnne M Foody, Peter P Toth, Andrew M Tershakovec, Thomas Musliner, Joanne E Tomassini, Robert S Lowe, David R Neff, and Harry R Davis, “Efficacy and safety of ezetimibe plus atorvastatin therapy,” Clinical Lipidology, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 441–470, 2014.
- Gregory G. Schwartz, Laurence Bessac, Lisa G. Berdan, Deepak L. Bhatt, Vera Bittner, Rafael Diaz, Shaun G. Goodman, Corinne Hanotin, Robert A. Harrington, J. Wouter Jukema, Kenneth W. Mahaffey, Angèle Moryusef, Robert Pordy, Matthew T. Roe, Tyrus Rorick, William J. Sasiela, Cheerag Shirodaria, Michael Szarek, Jean-François Tamby, Pierluigi Tricoci, Harvey White, Andreas Zeiher, and Philippe Gabriel Steg, “Effect of alirocumab, a monoclonal antibody to pcsk9, on long-term cardiovascular outcomes following acute coronary syndromes: Rationale and design of the odyssey outcomes trial,” American Heart Journal, 2014.
- Peter P. Toth, JoAnne M. Foody, Joanne E. Tomassini, Shiva G. Sajjan, Dena R. Ramey, David R. Neff, Andrew M. Tershakovec, Henry Hu, and Kaan Tunceli, “Therapeutic practice patterns related to statin potency and ezetimibe/simvastatin combination therapies in lowering LDL-C in patients with high-risk cardiovascular disease,” Journal of Clinical Lipidology, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 107–116, 2014.
- Baishali M. Ambegaonkar, Diane Tipping, Adam B. Polis, Joanne E. Tomassini, and Andrew M. Tershakovec, “Achieving goal lipid levels with ezetimibe plus statin add-on or switch therapy compared with doubling the statin dose. A pooled analysis,” Atherosclerosis, vol. 237, no. 2, pp. 829–837, 2014.
- Dean G. Karalis, “Achieving optimal lipid goals in the metabolic syndrome: A global health problem,” Atherosclerosis, vol. 237, no. 1, pp. 191–193, 2014.
- M.Lucrecia Alvarez, Mahdieh Khosroheidari, Elena Eddy, and Stefania C. Done, “MicroRNA-27a decreases the level and efficiency of the LDL receptor and contributes to the dysregulation of cholesterol homeostasis,” Atherosclerosis, 2015.
- Michel Krempf, Ross J Simpson, Dena Rosen Ramey, Philippe Brudi, Hilde Giezek, Joanne E Tomassini, Raymond Lee, and Michel Farnier, “Patient and physician factors influence decision-making in hypercholesterolemia: a questionnaire-based survey,” Lipids in Health and Disease, vol. 14, no. 1, 2015.
- Olivier Descamps, Joanne E. Tomassini, Jianxin Lin, Adam B. Polis, Arvind Shah, Philippe Brudi, Mary E. Hanson, and Andrew M. Tershakovec, “Variability of the LDL-C lowering response to ezetimibe and ezetimibe + statin therapy in hypercholesterolemic patients,” Atherosclerosis, 2015.
- C. P. Cannon, B. Cariou, D. Blom, J. M. McKenney, C. Lorenzato, R. Pordy, U. Chaudhari, and H. M. Colhoun, “Efficacy and safety of alirocumab in high cardiovascular risk patients with inadequately controlled hypercholesterolaemia on maximally tolerated doses of statins: the ODYSSEY COMBO II randomized controlled trial,” European Heart Journal, 2015.
- Dujrudee Chinwong, Jayanton Patumanond, Surarong Chinwong, Khanchai Siriwattana, Siriluck Gunaparn, John Joseph Hall, and Arintaya Phrommintikul, “Statin therapy in patients with acute coronary syndrome: low-density lipoprotein cholesterol goal attainment and effect of statin potency,” Therapeutics And Clinical Risk Management, vol. 11, pp. 127–136, 2015.
- Dujrudee Chinwong, Jayanton Patumanond, Surarong Chinwong, Khanchai Siriwattana, Siriluck Gunaparn, John Joseph Hall, and Arintaya Phrommintikul, “Low-density lipoprotein cholesterol of less than 70 mg/dL is associated with fewer cardiovascular events in acute coronary syndrome patients: a real-l,” Therapeutics and Clinical Risk Management, vol. 11, pp. 659–667, 2015.