- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 875163, 5 pages
Determinants of Childhood Obesity in Representative Sample of Children in North East of Iran
1Endocrinology and Metabolism Research Center, Tehran University of Medical Sciences,
Tehran 1411413137, Iran
2Department of Nutrition and Biochemistry, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
3Pediatrics Department, Faculty of Medicine and Child Growth and Development Research Center, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan, Iran
4Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran 1411413137, Iran
5Faculty of Paramedical, Qom University of Medical Sciences, Qom, Iran
6Department of Health Education and Promotion, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
7Department of Health Education and Promotion, Golestan University of Medical Sciences, Gorgan, Iran
Received 12 March 2012; Accepted 22 April 2012
Academic Editor: Khosrow Adeli
Copyright © 2012 Fereshteh Baygi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Y. Li, B. Kaye, C. Rosemary, K. Liang, and M. Stephen, “Parental obesity as a predictor of childhood overweight/obesity in Australian migrant children,” Obesity Research & Clinical Practice, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 179–187, 2008.
- R. S. Strauss and J. Knight, “Influence of the home environment on the development of obesity in children,” Pediatrics, vol. 103, no. 6, p. e85, 1999.
- R. Kelishadi, M. H. Pour, N. Sarraf-Zadegan et al., “Obesity and associated modifiable environmental factors in Iranian adolescents: Isfahan healthy heart program—heart health promotion from childhood,” Pediatrics International, vol. 45, no. 4, pp. 435–442, 2003.
- A. R. Dorosty, F. Siassi, and J. J. Reilly, “Obesity in Iranian children,” Archives of Disease in Childhood, vol. 87, no. 5, pp. 388–391, 2002.
- B. Caballero, “Obesity in developing countries: biological and ecological factors,” Journal of Nutrition, vol. 131, pp. 866S–870S, 2001.
- P. W. Speiser, M. C. J. Rudolf, H. Anhalt et al., “Consensus statement: childhood obesity,” The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, vol. 90, no. 3, pp. 1871–1887, 2005.
- M. Hosseini, R. G. Carpenter, K. Mohammad, and M. E. Jones, “Standardized percentile curves of body mass index of Iranian children compared to the US population reference,” International Journal of Obesity and Related Metabolic Disorders, vol. 23, no. 8, pp. 783–786, 1999.
- J. A. Baecke, J. Burema, and J. E. Frijters, “A short questionnaire for the measurement of habitual physical activity in epidemiological studies,” American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, vol. 36, no. 5, pp. 936–942, 1982.
- L. L. Moore, A. S. Di Gao, M. L. Bradlee et al., “Does early physical activity predict body fat change throughout childhood?” Preventive Medicine, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 10–17, 2003.
- S. Danielzik, K. Langnäse, M. Mast, C. Spethmann, and M. J. Müller, “Impact of parental BMI on the manifestation of overweight 5-7 year old children,” European Journal of Nutrition, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 132–138, 2002.
- M. Sekine, T. Yamagami, S. Hamanishi et al., “Parental obesity, lifestyle factors and obesity in preschool children: results of the toyama birth cohort study,” Journal of Epidemiology, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 33–39, 2002.
- P. J. Veugelers and A. L. Fitzgerald, “Prevalence of and risk factors for childhood overweight and obesity,” Canadian Medical Association Journal, vol. 173, no. 6, pp. 607–613, 2005.
- R. V. Kries, K. Berthold, T. Sauerwaldet, et al., “Breast feeding and obesity: cross sectional study,” British Medical Journal, vol. 319, pp. 147–150, 1999.
- C. Power, H. Graham, P. Dueet, et al., “The contribution of childhood and adult socioeconomic position to adult obesity and smoking behavior: an international comparison,” International Journal of Epidemiology, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 335–344, 2005.
- Y. Wang, “Cross-national comparison of childhood obesity: the epidemic and the relationship between obesity and socioeconomic status,” International Journal of Epidemiology, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 1129–1136, 2001.
- S. Park, “Association between short sleep duration and obesity among South Korean adolescents,” Western Journal of Nursing Research, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 207–223, 2011.
- C. N. Hart and E. Jelalian, “Shortened sleep duration is associated with pediatric overweight,” Behavioral Sleep Medicine, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 251–267, 2008.
- N. S. Marshall, N. Glozier, and R. R. Grunstein, “Is sleep duration related to obesity? A critical review of the epidemiological evidence,” Sleep Medicine Reviews, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 289–298, 2008.
- N. K. Gupta, W. H. Mueller, W. W. Chan, and J. C. Meininger, “Is obesity associated with poor sleep quality in adolescents?” American Journal of Human Biology, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 762–768, 2002.
- U. N. Das, “Is obesity an inflammatory condition?” Nutrition, vol. 17, no. 11-12, pp. 953–956, 2001.