- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 792090, 10 pages
Functionally Defective High-Density Lipoprotein and Paraoxonase: A Couple for Endothelial Dysfunction in Atherosclerosis
1Laboratory of Atatürk Hospital, 07040 Antalya, Turkey
2Central Laboratories of Antalya Education and Research Hospital of Ministry of Health, 07100 Antalya, Turkey
3Antalya Eğitim ve Araştırma Hastanesi Merkez Laboratuvarı Soğuksu, 07100 Antalya, Turkey
Received 29 June 2013; Revised 8 August 2013; Accepted 12 August 2013
Academic Editor: Jeffrey Cohn
Copyright © 2013 Esin Eren et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [12 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Esin Eren, Hamit Yasar Ellidag, Ozgur Aydin, and Necat Yilmaz, “HDL Functionality and Crystal-Based Sterile Inflammation in Atherosclerosis,” Clinica Chimica Acta, 2014.
- Ayla Solmaz Avcikurt, Selma Sinan, and Feray Kockar, “Antidepressant and antipsychotic drugs differentially affect PON1 enzyme activity,” Journal of Enzyme Inhibition and Medicinal Chemistry, pp. 1–5, 2014.
- Li-rong Yan, Dong-xue Wang, Hong Liu, Xiao-xing Zhang, Hui Zhao, Lu Hua, Ping Xu, and Yi-shi Li, “A Pro-Atherogenic HDL Profile in Coronary Heart Disease Patients: An iTRAQ Labelling-Based Proteomic Approach,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 5, 2014.
- Chun Meng, Xiao-qing Zhuo, Guo-hong Xu, and Jian-li Liu, “Protection of salvianolate against atherosclerosis via regulating the inflammation in rats,” Journal of Huazhong University of Science and Technology [Medical Sciences], vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 646–651, 2014.
- Esin Eren, Hamit Yasar Ellidag, Ozgur Aydin, and Necat Yılmaz, “HDL-Associated Paraoxonase 1 as a Bridge between Postmenopausal Osteoporosis and Cardiovascular Disease,” Chonnam Medical Journal, vol. 50, no. 3, pp. 75, 2014.
- Gianna Ferretti, Imma Turco, and Tiziana Bacchetti, “Apple as a Source of Dietary Phytonutrients: Bioavailability and Evidence of Protective Effects against Human Cardiovascular Disease,” Food and Nutrition Sciences, vol. 05, no. 13, pp. 1234–1246, 2014.
- Srikanth Givvimani, Sourav Kundu, Sathnur Pushpakumar, Vivian Doyle, Nithya Narayanan, Lee J. Winchester, Sudhakar Veeranki, Naira Metreveli, and Suresh C. Tyagi, “ Hyperhomocysteinemia: a missing link to dysfunctional HDL via paraoxanase-1 1 ,” Canadian Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology, pp. 1–9, 2015.
- Yan-hong Zhang, Ying Zhang, Jing Li, Wen-xin Tong, and Feng-qin Xu, “Protective effects of Xiongshao Capsule (芎芍胶囊) on anti-inflammatory function of high-density lipoprotein in atherosclerosis rabbit model,” Chinese Journal of Integrative Medicine, 2015.
- Arben Belba, Alessio Cortelazzo, Giansanti Andrea, Jacopo Durante, Laura Nigi, Francesco Dotta, Anna Maria Timperio, Lello Zolla, Roberto Leoncini, Roberto Guerranti, and Roberto Ponchietti, “Erectile dysfunction and diabetes: Association with the impairment of lipid metabolism and oxidative stress,” Clinical Biochemistry, 2015.
- Natalia G. Rocha, Allan R.K. Sales, Renan L. Miranda, Mayra S. Silva, Jemima F.R. Silva, Bruno M. Silva, Aline A. Santos, and Antonio C.L. Nóbrega, “Aerobic exercise modulation of mental stress-induced responses in cultured endothelial progenitor cells from healthy and metabolic syndrome subjects,” Life Sciences, 2015.
- Monica Verdoia, Ettore Cassetti, Alon Schaffer, Lucia Barbieri, Gabriella Di Giovine, Matteo Nardin, Paolo Marino, Fabiola Sinigaglia, and Giuseppe De Luca, “Relationship Between Glycoprotein IIIa Platelet Receptor Gene Polymorphism and Coronary Artery Disease,” Angiology, vol. 66, no. 1, pp. 79–85, 2015.
- Nikolaos Papageorgiou, Effimia Zacharia, Emmanuel Androulakis, Alexandros Briasoulis, Marietta Charakida, and Dimitris Tousoulis, “HDL as a prognostic biomarker for coronary atherosclerosis: the role of inflammation,” Expert Opinion on Therapeutic Targets, pp. 1–15, 2016.