- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Computational Intelligence and Neuroscience
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 135629, 5 pages
On the Use of Electrooculogram for Efficient Human Computer Interfaces
1IRCCS Fondazione Santa Lucia, Via Ardeatina, 306, 00179, Rome, Italy
2Department of Technical Sciences, The NCO Academy, 10100 Balikesir, Turkey
Received 13 June 2009; Accepted 28 July 2009
Academic Editor: Fabrizio De Vico Fallani
Copyright © 2010 A. B. Usakli et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [22 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Ali Bulent Usakli, and Serkan Gurkan, “Design of a novel efficient humancomputer interface: An electrooculagram based virtual keyboard,” IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 59, no. 8, pp. 2099–2108, 2010.
- Andrew Campbell, Tanzeem Choudhury, Shaohan Hu, Hong Lu, Matthew K. Mukerjee, Mashfiqui Rabbi, and Rajeev D.S. Raizada, “NeuroPhone: Brain-mobile phone interface using a wireless EEG headset,” Proceedings of the 2nd ACM SIGCOMM Workshop on Networking, Systems, and Applications on Mobile Handhelds, MobiHeld '10, Co-located with SIGCOMM 2010, pp. 3–8, 2010.
- Robert Krupiński, and Przemysław Mazurek, “Convergence improving in evolution-based technique for estimation and separation of electrooculography and blinking signals,” Advances in Intelligent and Soft Computing, vol. 69, pp. 293–302, 2010.
- Robert Krupiński, and Przemysław Mazurek, “Towards to real-time system with optimization based approach for EOG and blinking signals separation for Human Computer Interaction,” Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics), vol. 6179, no. 1, pp. 154–161, 2010.
- Robert Krupiński, and Przemysław Mazurek, “Electrooculography signal estimation by using evolution-based technique for computer animation applications,” Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics), vol. 6374, no. 1, pp. 139–146, 2010.
- Robert Lievesley, Martin Wozencroft, and David Ewins, “The Emotiv EPOC neuroheadset: An inexpensive method of controlling assistive technologies using facial expressions and thoughts?,” Journal of Assistive Technologies, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 67–82, 2011.
- Carlos G. Pinheiro Jr, Eduardo L.M. Naves, Pierre Pino, Etienne Losson, Adriano O. Andrade, and Guy Bourhis, “Alternative communication systems for people with severe motor disabilities: A survey,” BioMedical Engineering Online, vol. 10, 2011.
- M. S. Treder, N. M. Schmidt, and B. Blankertz, “Gaze-independent brain-computer interfaces based on covert attention and feature attention,” Journal Of Neural Engineering, vol. 8, no. 6, 2011.
- Ali Bulent Usakli, Ana Susac, and Serkan Gurkan, “Fast face recognition: Eye blink as a reliable behavioral response,” Neuroscience Letters, vol. 504, no. 1, pp. 49–52, 2011.
- Rafael Barea, Luciano Boquete, Jose Manuel Rodriguez-Ascariz, Sergio Ortega, and Elena López, “Sensory system for implementing a human-computer interface based on electrooculography,” Sensors, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 310–328, 2011.
- Giulio E. Lancioni, Nirbhay N. Singh, Mark F. O’Reilly, Jeff Sigafoos, Gabriele Ferlisi, Giacomina Ferrarese, Valeria Zullo, Luigi M. Addante, Antonella Spica, and Doretta Oliva, “Technology-aided programs for assisting communication and leisure engagement of persons with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: Two single-case studies,” Research in Developmental Disabilities, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 1605–1614, 2012.
- Sulamith Schaeff, Matthias Sebastian Treder, Bastian Venthur, and Benjamin Blankertz, “Exploring motion VEPs for gaze-independent communication,” Journal of Neural Engineering, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 045006, 2012.
- Giulio E. Lancioni, Nirbhay N. Singh, Mark F. O'Reilly, Vanessa A. Green, Gabriele Ferlisi, Giacomina Ferrarese, Valeria Zullo, Simona Schirone, and Doretta Oliva, “A man with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis uses a mouth pressure microswitch to operate a text messaging system with a word prediction function,” Developmental Neurorehabilitation, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 315–320, 2013.
- Fayeem Aziz, Hamzah Arof, Norrima Mokhtar, and Marizan Mubin, “HMM based automated wheelchair navigation using EOG traces in EEG,” Journal of Neural Engineering, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 056018, 2014.
- C. Monserrat, M.J. Rupérez, M. Alcañiz, and J. Mataix, “Markerless monocular tracking system for guided external eye surgery,” Computerized Medical Imaging and Graphics, 2014.
- Hongtao Wang, Yuanqing Li, Jinyi Long, Tianyou Yu, and Zhenghui Gu, “An asynchronous wheelchair control by hybrid EEG–EOG brain–computer interface,” Cognitive Neurodynamics, 2014.
- Giovanni Vecchiato, Jlenia Toppi, Anton Giulio Maglione, Elzbieta Olejarczyk, Laura Astolfi, Donatella Mattia, Alfredo Colosimo, and Fabio Babiloni, “Neuroelectrical Correlates of Trustworthiness and Dominance Judgments Related to the Observation of Political Candidates,” Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine, vol. 2014, pp. 1–19, 2014.
- Anton Giulio Maglione, Giovanni Vecchiato, Carlo Antonio Leone, Rosa Grassia, Franco Mosca, Alfredo Colosimo, Paolo Malerba, and Fabio Babiloni, “Different Perception of Musical Stimuli in Patients with Monolateral and Bilateral Cochlear Implants,” Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine, vol. 2014, pp. 1–7, 2014.
- Giovanni Vecchiato, Anton Giulio Maglione, Patrizia Cherubino, Barbara Wasikowska, Agata Wawrzyniak, Anna Latuszynska, Malgorzata Latuszynska, Kesra Nermend, Ilenia Graziani, Maria Rita Leucci, Arianna Trettel, and Fabio Babiloni, “Neurophysiological Tools to Investigate Consumer’s Gender Differences during the Observation of TV Commercials,” Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine, vol. 2014, pp. 1–12, 2014.
- Hande Erkaymaz, Mahmut Ozer, and İlhami Muharrem Orak, “Detection of directional eye movements based on the electrooculogram signals through an artificial neural network,” Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, vol. 77, pp. 225–229, 2015.
- Giulio E. Lancioni, Isabella L. Simone, Maria F. De Caro, Nirbhay N. Singh, Mark F. O'Reilly, Jeff Sigafoos, Gabriele Ferlisi, Valeria Zullo, Simona Schirone, Floriana Denitto, and Nadia Zonno, “Assisting persons with advanced amyotrophic lateral sclerosis in their leisure engagement and communication needs with a basic technology-aided progra,” Neurorehabilitation, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 355–365, 2015.
- David Perruchoud, Iolanda Pisotta, Stefano Carda, Micah M Murray, and Silvio Ionta, “Biomimetic rehabilitation engineering: the importance of somatosensory feedback for brain–machine interfaces,” Journal of Neural Engineering, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 041001, 2016.