- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Computational Intelligence and Neuroscience
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 135629, 5 pages
On the Use of Electrooculogram for Efficient Human Computer Interfaces
1IRCCS Fondazione Santa Lucia, Via Ardeatina, 306, 00179, Rome, Italy
2Department of Technical Sciences, The NCO Academy, 10100 Balikesir, Turkey
Received 13 June 2009; Accepted 28 July 2009
Academic Editor: Fabrizio De Vico Fallani
Copyright © 2010 A. B. Usakli et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Venkataramanan, P. Prabhat, S. R. Choudhury, H. B. Nemade, and J. S. Sahambi, “Biomedical instrumentation based on Electrooculogram (EOG) signal processing and application to a hospital alarm system,” in Proceedings of the 2nd IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Sensing and Information Processing (ICISIP '05), pp. 535–540, Chennai, India, January 2005.
- R. Barae, L. Boquete, and M. Mazo, “System for assited mobility using eye movements based on electrooculography,” IEEE Transaction on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 209–218, 2002.
- Y. Kim, N. L. Doh, Y. Youm, and W. K. Chung, “Robust discrimination method of the electrooculogram signals for human-computer interaction controlling mobile robot,” Intelligent Automation and Soft Computing, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 319–336, 2007.
- Z. Lv, X. Wu, M. Li, and C. Zhang, “Implementation of the EOG-based human computer interface system,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedical Engineering (ICBBE '08), pp. 2188–2191, Shanghai, China, May 2008.
- C. K. Young and M. Sasaki, “Mobile robot control by neural network EOG gesture recognition,” in Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Neural Information Processing, vol. 1, pp. 322–328, 2001.
- Y. Chen and W. S. Newman, “A human-robot interface based on electrooculography,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA '04), pp. 243–248, New Orleans, La, USA, April 2004.
- D. Kumar and E. Poole, “Classification of EOG for human computer interface,” in Proceedings of the 2nd Joint IEEE Annual International Conference of the Engineering in Medicine and Biology Jointly with the 24th Annual Conference of the Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES/EMBS '02), vol. 1, pp. 64–67, Houston, Tex, USA, October 2002.
- F. Cincotti, D. Mattia, F. Aloise, et al., “Non-invasive brain-computer interface system: towards its application as assistive technology,” Brain Research Bulletin, vol. 75, no. 6, pp. 796–803, 2008.
- A. B. Usakli and S. Gurkan, “Design of a novel efficient human computer interface: an electrooculagram based virtual keyboard,” submitted to IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement.
- F. De Vico Fallani, L. Astolfi, F. Cincotti, et al., “Cortical Functional Connectivity Networks In Normal And Spinal Cord Injured Patients: Evaluation by Graph Analysis,” Human Brain Mapping, vol. 28, no. 12, pp. 1334–1346, 2007.
- L. Astolfi, F. De Vico Fallani, F. Cincotti, et al., “Imaging Functional Brain Connectivity Patterns From High-Resolution EEG And fMRI Via Graph Theory,” Psychophysology, vol. 44, no. 6, pp. 880–893, 2007.
- L. Astolfi, F. Cincotti, D. Mattia, et al., “Tracking the time-varying cortical connectivity patterns by adaptive multivariate estimators,” IEEE Trans on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 902–913, 2008.
- M. Oliveri, C. Babiloni, M. M. Filippi, et al., “Influence of the supplementary motor area on primary motor cortex excitability during movements triggered by neutral or emotionally unpleasant visual cues,” Exp Brain Res, vol. 149, no. 2, pp. 214–221, 2003.
- C. Babiloni, F. Babiloni, F. Carducci, et al., “Mapping of early and late human somatosensory evoked brain potentials to phasic galvanic painful stimulation,” Human Brain Mapping, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 168–179, 2001.
- A. Urbano, C. Babiloni, F. Carducci, L. Fattorini, P. Onorati, and F. Babiloni, “Dynamic functional coupling of high resolution EEG potentials related to unilateral internally triggered one-digit movements,” Electroencephalography and clinical Neurophysiol, vol. 106, pp. 477–487, 1998.