- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Computational Intelligence and Neuroscience
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 329213, 6 pages
Exploring Cortical Attentional System by Using fMRI during a Continuous Perfomance Test
Department of Bioengineering, IIT Unit, Politecnico di Milano, Milan, Italy
Received 14 June 2009; Accepted 20 August 2009
Academic Editor: Fabio Babiloni
Copyright © 2010 M. G. Tana et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. K. Conners, Conners' Continuous Performance Test, Multi-Health Systems, Toronto, Canada, 1995.
- H. E. Rosvold, A. F. Mirsky, I. Sarason, E. D. Bransome Jr., and L. H. Beck, “A continuous performance test of brain damage,” Journal of Consulting Psychology, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 343–350, 1956.
- J. C. Ballard, “Assessing attention: comparison of response-inhibition and traditional continuous performance tests,” Journal of Clinical and Experimental Neuropsychology, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 331–350, 2001.
- J. C. Ballard, “Computerized assessment of sustained attention: a review of factors affecting vigilance performance,” Journal of Clinical and Experimental Neuropsychology, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 843–863, 1996.
- C. J. Price and K. J. Friston, “Functional imaging studies of neuropsychological patients: applications and limitations,” Neurocase, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 345–354, 2002.
- K. J. Friston, P. Fletcher, O. Josephs, A. Holmes, M. D. Rugg, and R. Turner, “Event-related fMRI: characterizing differential responses,” NeuroImage, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 30–40, 1998.
- K. J. Friston, S. Williams, R. Howard, R. S. J. Frackowiak, and R. Turner, “Movement-related effects in fMRI time-series,” Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 346–355, 1996.
- S. Homack and C. A. Riccio, “Conners' continuous performance test (2nd ed., CCPT-II),” Journal of Attention Disorders, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 556–558, 2006.
- C. K. Conners, Conners' Continuous Performance Test, Multi-Health Systems, Toronto, Canada, 1994.
- M. I. Posner, S. E. Petersen, P. T. Fox, and M. E. Raichle, “Localization of cognitive operations in the human brain,” Science, vol. 240, no. 4859, pp. 1627–1631, 1988.
- R. D. Badgaiyan and M. I. Posner, “Mapping the cingulate cortex in response selection and monitoring,” NeuroImage, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 255–260, 1998.
- W. J. Gehring and R. T. Knight, “Prefrontal-cingulate interactions in action monitoring,” Nature Neuroscience, vol. 3, no. 5, pp. 516–520, 2000.
- P. Luu, T. Flaisch, and D. M. Tucker, “Medial frontal cortex in action monitoring,” Journal of Neuroscience, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 464–469, 2000.
- E. Temple, R. A. Poldrack, J. Salidis, et al., “Disrupted neural responses to phonological and orthographic processing in dyslexic children: an fMRI study,” NeuroReport, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 299–307, 2001.
- G. Allen, R. B. Buxton, E. C. Wong, and E. Courchesne, “Attentional activation of the cerebellum independent of motor involvement,” Science, vol. 275, no. 5308, pp. 1940–1943, 1997.
- H. R. Heekeren, H. Obrig, R. Wenzel, et al., “Cerebral haemoglobin oxygenation during sustained visual stimulation—a near-infrared spectroscopy study,” Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B, vol. 352, no. 1354, pp. 743–750, 1997.
- G. Horn, “Neuronal mechanisms of habituation,” Nature, vol. 215, no. 5102, pp. 707–711, 1967.
- R. F. Thompson and W. A. Spencer, “Habituation: a model phenomenon for the study of neuronal substrates of behavior,” Psychological Review, vol. 73, no. 1, pp. 16–43, 1966.
- P. T. Fox and M. E. Raichle, “Focal physiological uncoupling of cerebral blood flow and oxidative metabolism during somatosensory stimulation in human subjcts,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, vol. 83, pp. 1140–1144, 1986.
- M. Ueki, F. Linn, and K.-A. Hossmann, “Functional activation of cerebral blood flow and metabolism before and after global ischemia of rat brain,” Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow and Metabolism, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 486–494, 1988.
- P. A. Bandettini, E. C. Wong, R. S. Hinks, R. S. Tikofsky, and J. S. Hyde, “Time course EPI of human brain function during task activation,” Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 390–397, 1992.
- J. Frahm, H. Bruhn, K. D. Merboldt, and W. Hanicke, “Dynamic MR imaging of human brain oxygenation during rest and photic stimulation,” Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging, vol. 2, no. 5, pp. 501–505, 1992.
- J. Frahm, G. Krüger, K.-D. Merboldt, and A. Kleinschmidt, “Dynamic uncoupling and recoupling of perfusion and oxidative metabolism during focal brain activation in man,” Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 143–148, 1996.
- M. Butti, D. Contini, E. Molteni, et al., “Effect of prolonged stimulation on cerebral hemodynamic: a time-resolved fNIRS study,” Medical Physics, vol. 36, no. 9, pp. 4103–4114, 2009.