- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Computational Intelligence and Neuroscience
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 393019, 12 pages
Decoupling Action Potential Bias from Cortical Local Field Potentials
1Institute for Systems Research, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742, USA
2National Institute for Applied Sciences, 69100 Villeurbanne, France
Received 17 April 2009; Revised 10 September 2009; Accepted 4 November 2009
Academic Editor: Zhe (Sage) Chen
Copyright © 2010 Stephen V. David et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- U. Mitzdorf, “Properties of the evoked potential generators: current source-density analysis of visually evoked potentials in the cat cortex,” International Journal of Neuroscience, vol. 33, no. 1-2, pp. 33–59, 1987.
- N. K. Logothetis, “The underpinnings of the BOLD functional magnetic resonance imaging signal,” The Journal of Neuroscience, vol. 23, no. 10, pp. 3963–3971, 2003.
- F. Lopes da Silva, “Functional localization of brain sources using EEG and/or MEG data: volume conductor and source models,” Magnetic Resonance Imaging, vol. 22, no. 10, pp. 1533–1538, 2004.
- R. T. Canolty, E. Edwards, S. S. Dalal, et al., “High gamma power is phase-locked to theta oscillations in human neocortex,” Science, vol. 313, no. 5793, pp. 1626–1628, 2006.
- C. M. Gray, P. Konig, A. K. Engel, and W. Singer, “Oscillatory responses in cat visual cortex exhibit inter-columnar synchronization which reflects global stimulus properties,” Nature, vol. 338, no. 6213, pp. 334–337, 1989.
- C. Kayser, C. I. Petkov, and N. K. Logothetis, “Tuning to sound frequency in auditory field potentials,” Journal of Neurophysiology, vol. 98, no. 3, pp. 1806–1809, 2007.
- M. Siegel, T. H. Donner, R. Oostenveld, P. Fries, and A. K. Engel, “Neuronal synchronization along the dorsal visual pathway reflects the focus of spatial attention,” Neuron, vol. 60, no. 4, pp. 709–719, 2008.
- B. Pesaran, M. J. Nelson, and R. A. Andersen, “Free choice activates a decision circuit between frontal and parietal cortex,” Nature, vol. 453, no. 7193, pp. 406–409, 2008.
- E. Stark, A. Globerson, I. Asher, and M. Abeles, “Correlations between groups of premotor neurons carry information about prehension,” The Journal of Neuroscience, vol. 28, no. 42, pp. 10618–10630, 2008.
- M. A. Gieselmann and A. Thiele, “Comparison of spatial integration and surround suppression characteristics in spiking activity and the local field potential in macaque V1,” European Journal of Neuroscience, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 447–459, 2008.
- A. J. Noreña, B. Gourévitch, M. Pienkowski, G. Shaw, and J. J. Eggermont, “Increasing spectrotemporal sound density reveals an octave-based organization in cat primary auditory cortex,” The Journal of Neuroscience, vol. 28, no. 36, pp. 8885–8896, 2008.
- W. S. Levine, Ed., The Control Handbook, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 1996.
- S. V. David, N. Mesgarani, J. B. Fritz, and S. A. Shamma, “Rapid synaptic depression explains nonlinear modulation of spectro-temporal tuning in primary auditory cortex by natural stimuli,” The Journal of Neuroscience, vol. 29, no. 11, pp. 3374–3386, 2009.
- J. K. Bizley, F. R. Nodal, I. Nelken, and A. J. King, “Functional organization of ferret auditory cortex,” Cerebral Cortex, vol. 15, no. 10, pp. 1637–1653, 2005.
- J. B. Fritz, S. Shamma, M. Elhilali, and D. Klein, “Rapid task-related plasticity of spectrotemporal receptive fields in primary auditory cortex,” Nature Neuroscience, vol. 6, no. 11, pp. 1216–1223, 2003.
- B. Pesaran, J. S. Pezaris, M. Sahani, P. P. Mitra, and R. A. Andersen, “Temporal structure in neuronal activity during working memory in macaque parietal cortex,” Nature Neuroscience, vol. 5, no. 8, pp. 805–811, 2002.
- B. Efron and R. Tibshirani, “Bootstrap methods for standard errors, confidence intervals, and other measures of statistical accuracy,” Statistical Science, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 54–77, 1986.
- C. E. Schreiner, “Order and disorder in auditory cortical maps,” Current Opinion in Neurobiology, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 489–496, 1995.
- M. J. Rasch, A. Gretton, Y. Murayama, W. Maass, and N. K. Logothetis, “Inferring spike trains from local field potentials,” Journal of Neurophysiology, vol. 99, no. 3, pp. 1461–1476, 2008.
- N. A. Lesica, A. S. Boloori, and G. B. Stanley, “Adaptive encoding in the visual pathway,” Network: Computation in Neural Systems, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 119–135, 2003.
- P. Berens, G. A. Keliris, A. S. Ecker, N. K. Logothetis, and A. S. Tolias, “Feature selectivity of the gamma-band of the local field potential in primate primary visual cortex,” Frontiers in Neuroscience, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 199–207, 2008.
- T.-P. Jung, S. Makeig, C. Humphries, et al., “Removing electroencephalographic artifacts by blind source separation,” Psychophysiology, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 163–178, 2000.