- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Computational Intelligence and Neuroscience
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 946089, 12 pages
Coupling among Electroencephalogram Gamma Signals on a Short Time Scale
1Department of Statistics, University of California Davis, MSB 4118 One Shields Avenue, Davis, CA 95616, USA
2Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, University of California TB-170, One Shields Avenue, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Received 16 October 2009; Revised 22 March 2010; Accepted 16 June 2010
Academic Editor: Francois Vialatte
Copyright © 2010 Michael P. McAssey et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Buszaki, Rhythms of the Brain, Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK, 2006.
- S. M. Montgomery and G. Buzsáki, “Gamma oscillations dynamically couple hippocampal CA3 and CA1 regions during memory task performance,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 104, no. 36, pp. 14495–14500, 2007.
- M. A. Kramer, U. T. Eden, S. S. Cash, and E. D. Kolaczyk, “Network inference with confidence from multivariate time series,” Physical Review E, vol. 79, no. 6, Article ID 061916, 2009.
- R. H. Shumway and D. S. Stoffer, Time Series Analysis and Its Applications: With R Examples, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 2006.
- “MATLAB,” The Mathworks, Natick, Mass, USA, http://www.mathworks.com/.
- P. Mitra and H. Bokil, Observed Brain Dynamics, Oxford University Press, New York, NY, USA, 2008, Chronux Analysis Software, Mitra Lab, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring, NY, USA, 2008, http://chronux.org/.
- P. Tass, M. G. Rosenblum, J. Weule et al., “Detection of n: m phase locking from noisy data: application to magnetoencephalography,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 81, no. 15, pp. 3291–3294, 1998.
- J.-P. Lachaux, E. Rodriguez, J. Martinerie, and F. J. Varela, “Measuring phase synchrony in brain signals,” Human Brain Mapping, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 194–208, 1999.
- C. W. J. Granger, “Investigating causal relations by econometric models and cross-spectral methods,” Econometrica, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 424–438, 1969.
- W. Gersh and B. R. Tharp, “Spectral regression|amount of information analysis of seizures in humans,” in Quantitative Analytic Studies in Epilepsy, P. Kellaway and I. Petersén, Eds., pp. 509–532, Raven Press, NY, USA, 1976.
- J. C. Rajapakse and J. Zhou, “Learning effective brain connectivity with dynamic Bayesian networks,” NeuroImage, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 749–760, 2007.
- A. P. Dempster, N. M. Laird, and D. B. Rubin, “Maximum likelihood from incomplete data via the EM algorithm,” Journal of the Royal Statistical Society: Series A, vol. 39, pp. 1–38, 1977.
- M. A. Kramer, E. D. Kolaczyk, and H. E. Kirsch, “Emergent network topology at seizure onset in humans,” Epilepsy Research, vol. 79, no. 2-3, pp. 173–186, 2008.
- R Development Core Team, R: A Language and Environment for Statistical Computing, R Foundation for Statistical Computing, Vienna, Austria, 2009.
- J. A. Hartigan and M. A. Wong, “A K-means clustering algorithm,” Applied Statistics, vol. 28, pp. 100–108, 1979.
- C. Fraley and A. E. Raftery, “How many clusters? Which clustering method? Answers via model-based cluster analysis,” The Computer Journal, vol. 41, no. 8, pp. 578–588, 1998.
- I. Olkin and R. Liu, “A bivariate beta distribution,” Statistics & Probability Letters, vol. 62, no. 4, pp. 407–412, 2003.