- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Computational Intelligence and Neuroscience
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 327953, 7 pages
rtMEG: A Real-Time Software Interface for Magnetoencephalography
1Program in Neural Computation, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
2Brain Research Unit, Low Temperature Laboratory, Aalto University School of Science, 00076 Espoo, Finland
3Department of Neurology, Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
4Departments of Neurology and Biophysics, Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
5Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Received 1 October 2010; Revised 18 January 2011; Accepted 28 February 2011
Academic Editor: Robert Oostenveld
Copyright © 2011 Gustavo Sudre et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. M. Stufflebeam, N. Tanaka, and S. P. Ahlfors, “Clinical applications of magnetoencephalography,” Human Brain Mapping, vol. 30, no. 6, pp. 1813–1823, 2009.
- J. W. Wheless, E. Castillo, V. Maggio et al., “Magnetoencephalography (MEG) and magnetic source imaging (MSI),” Neurologist, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 138–153, 2004.
- D. J. C. MacKay, “Information-based objective functions for active data selection,” Neural Computation, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 590–604, 1992.
- K. Chaloner and I. Verdinelli, “Bayesian experimental design: a review,” Statistical Science, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 273–304, 1995.
- N. Birbaumer and L. G. Cohen, “Brain-computer interfaces: communication and restoration of movement in paralysis,” Journal of Physiology, vol. 579, no. 3, pp. 621–636, 2007.
- W. Wang, J. L. Collinger, M. A. Perez et al., “Neural interface technology for rehabilitation: exploiting and promoting neuroplasticity,” Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Clinics of North America, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 157–178, 2010.
- J. Mellinger, G. Schalk, C. Braun et al., “An MEG-based brain-computer interface (BCI),” NeuroImage, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 581–593, 2007.
- E. Buch, C. Weber, L. G. Cohen et al., “Think to move: a neuromagnetic brain-computer interface (BCI) system for chronic stroke,” Stroke, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 910–917, 2008.
- T. N. Lai, M. Schröder, N. J. Hill et al., “A brain computer interface with online feedback based on magnetoencephalography,” in Proceedings of the 22nd International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML '05), pp. 465–472, ACM, August 2005.
- H. Rongen, V. Hadamschek, and M. Schiek, “Real time data acquisition and online signal processing for magnetoencephalography,” IEEE Transactions on Nuclear Science, vol. 53, no. 3, pp. 704–708, 2006.
- C. W. Hesse, R. Oostenveld, T. Heskes, and O. Jensen, “On the development of a brain- computer interfacesystem using high-density magnetoencephalogram signals for real-time control of a robot arm,” in Proceedings of the 4th Annual Symposium of the Benelux Chapter of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBS '07), pp. 1–4, 2007.
- G. Sudre, W. Wang, T. Song et al., “rtMEG: a real-time software toolbox for brain-machine interfaces using magnetoencephelography,” in Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Biomagnetism Advances in Biomagnetism (Biomag '10), pp. 362–365, April 2010.
- M. A. Uusitalo and R. J. Ilmoniemi, “Signal-space projection method for separating MEG or EEG into components,” Medical and Biological Engineering and Computing, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 135–140, 1997.
- Fieldtrip buffer, http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/development/realtime/buffer.
- Fieldtrip website, http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/.
- G. Schalk, D. J. McFarland, T. Hinterberger, N. Birbaumer, and J. R. Wolpaw, “BCI2000: a general-purpose brain-computer interface (BCI) system,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 51, no. 6, pp. 1034–1043, 2004.
- Brainstream software, http://www.brainstream.nu/.
- Mathworks Matlab, http://www.mathworks.com/.
- rtMEG documentation, http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/development/realtime/neuromag.
- Brainstorm software, http://www.neuroimage.usc.edu/brainstorm/.
- Brainvisa software, http://www.brainvisa.info/.
- M. X. Huang, J. C. Mosher, and R. M. Leahy, “A sensor-weighted overlapping-sphere head model and exhaustive head model comparison for MEG,” Physics in Medicine and Biology, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 423–440, 1999.
- S. Baillet, J. C. Mosher, and R. M. Leahy, “Electromagnetic brain mapping,” IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 14–30, 2001.
- S. Taulu, M. Kajola, and J. Simola, “Suppression of interference and artifacts by the signal space separation method,” Brain Topography, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 269–275, 2004.
- W. Wang, G. P. Sudre, Y. Xu, et al., “Decoding and cortical source localization for intended movement direction with MEG,” Journal of Neurophysiology, vol. 104, no. 5, pp. 2451–2461, 2010.