- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Computational Intelligence and Neuroscience
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 598206, 11 pages
fMRI Artefact Rejection and Sleep Scoring Toolbox
1Cyclotron Research Centre, University of Liège, 4000 Liège, Belgium
2Department of Neurology, University of Liège, 4000 Liège, Belgium
3Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, University of Liège, 4000 Liège, Belgium
Received 30 August 2010; Revised 2 December 2010; Accepted 17 January 2011
Academic Editor: Sylvain Baillet
Copyright © 2011 Yves Leclercq et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. M. Kilner, J. Mattout, R. Henson, and K. J. Friston, “Hemodynamic correlates of EEG: a heuristic,” NeuroImage, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 280–286, 2005.
- M. Schabus, T. T. Dang-Vu, G. Albouy et al., “Hemodynamic cerebral correlates of sleep spindles during human non-rapid eye movement sleep,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 104, no. 32, pp. 13164–13169, 2007.
- T. T. Dang-Vu, M. Schabus, M. Desseilles et al., “Spontaneous neural activity during human slow wave sleep,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 105, no. 39, pp. 15160–15165, 2008.
- Members and collaborators of the Wellcome Trust Centre for Neuroimaging, “Statistical Parametric Mapping, SPM8,” Wellcome Trust Centre for Neuroimaging, University College London, UK, 2008, http://www.fil.ion.ucl.ac.uk/spm.
- A. Delorme and S. Makeig, “EEGLAB: an open source toolbox for analysis of single-trial EEG dynamics including independent component analysis,” Journal of Neuroscience Methods, vol. 134, no. 1, pp. 9–21, 2004.
- P. J. Allen, O. Josephs, and R. Turner, “A method for removing imaging artifact from continuous EEG recorded during functional MRI,” NeuroImage, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 230–239, 2000.
- Y. Leclercq, E. Balteau, T. Dang-Vu et al., “Rejection of pulse related artefact (PRA) from continuous electroencephalographic (EEG) time series recorded during functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) using constraint independent component analysis (cICA),” NeuroImage, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 679–691, 2009.
- R. K. Niazy, “FMRIB plug-in for EEGLAB,” Centre for Functional MRI of the Brain (FMRIB), University of Oxford, UK, 2006, http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/eeglab/fmribplugin/index.html.
- H. Peng, F. Long, and C. Ding, “Feature selection based on mutual information: criteria of max-dependency, max-relevance, and min-redundancy,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 27, no. 8, pp. 1226–1238, 2005.
- R. Oostenveld, J.-M. Schoffelen, E. Maris, P. Fries, and O. Jensen, Fieldtrip toolbox for EEG/MEG-analysis, Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour, Radboud University Nijmegen, The Netherlands, 2009, http://www.ru.nl/neuroimaging/fieldtrip.
- S. Debener, K. J. Mullinger, R. K. Niazy, and R. W. Bowtell, “Properties of the ballistocardiogram artefact as revealed by EEG recordings at 1.5, 3 and 7 T static magnetic field strength,” International Journal of Psychophysiology, vol. 67, no. 3, pp. 189–199, 2008.
- R. K. Niazy, C. F. Beckmann, G. D. Iannetti, J. M. Brady, and S. M. Smith, “Removal of FMRI environment artifacts from EEG data using optimal basis sets,” NeuroImage, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 720–737, 2005.
- G. D. Iannetti, R. K. Niazy, R. G. Wise et al., “Simultaneous recording of laser-evoked brain potentials and continuous, high-field functional magnetic resonance imaging in humans,” NeuroImage, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 708–719, 2005.
- T. Warbrick and A. P. Bagshaw, “Scanning strategies for simultaneous EEG-fMRI evoked potential studies at 3T,” International Journal of Psychophysiology, vol. 67, no. 3, pp. 169–177, 2008.
- D. Mantini, M. G. Perrucci, S. Cugini, A. Ferretti, G. L. Romani, and C. Del Gratta, “Complete artifact removal for EEG recorded during continuous fMRI using independent component analysis,” NeuroImage, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 598–607, 2007.
- J. L. Vincent, L. J. Larson-Prior, J. M. Zempel, and A. Z. Snyder, “Moving GLM ballistocardiogram artifact reduction for EEG acquired simultaneously with fMRI,” Clinical Neurophysiology, vol. 118, no. 5, pp. 981–998, 2007.
- E. Briselli, G. Garreffa, L. Bianchi et al., “An independent component analysis-based approach on ballistocardiogram artifact removing,” Magnetic Resonance Imaging, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 393–400, 2006.
- W. Nakamura, K. Anami, T. Mori, O. Saitoh, A. Cichocki, and S. I. Amari, “Removal of ballistocardiogram artifacts from simultaneously recorded EEG and fMRI data using independent component analysis,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 53, no. 7, pp. 1294–1308, 2006.
- G. Srivastava, S. Crottaz-Herbette, K. M. Lau, G. H. Glover, and V. Menon, “ICA-based procedures for removing ballistocardiogram artifacts from EEG data acquired in the MRI scanner,” NeuroImage, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 50–60, 2005.
- K. H. Kim, H. W. Yoon, and H. W. Park, “Improved ballistocardiac artifact removal from the electroencephalogram recorded in fMRI,” Journal of Neuroscience Methods, vol. 135, no. 1-2, pp. 193–203, 2004.
- C. Berthomier, X. Drouot, M. Herman-Stoïca et al., “Automatic analysis of single-channel sleep EEG: validation in healthy individuals,” Sleep, vol. 30, no. 11, pp. 1587–1595, 2007.
- Physip SA, “ASEEGA,” http://www.physip.fr/pub/en/research/aseega.html.
- M. Massimini, R. Huber, F. Ferrarelli, S. Hill, and G. Tononi, “The sleep slow oscillation as a traveling wave,” Journal of Neuroscience, vol. 24, no. 31, pp. 6862–6870, 2004.