- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Computational Intelligence and Neuroscience
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 720971, 8 pages
Unveiling the Biometric Potential of Finger-Based ECG Signals
1Instituto Superior de Engenharia de Lisboa, Scientific Area of Electronics, Telecommunications and Computers, 1959-007 Lisboa, Portugal
2Instituto de Telecomunicações, Scientific Area of Networks and Multimedia, 1049-001 Lisboa, Portugal
3Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Instituto Superior Técnico, 1049-001 Lisboa, Portugal
Received 15 March 2011; Accepted 14 June 2011
Academic Editor: Fabio Babiloni
Copyright © 2011 André Lourenço et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Malik and A. Camm, Dynamic Electrocardiography, Willey-Blackwell, 2004.
- A. Riera., S. Dunne, I. Cester, and G. Ruffini, “Starfast: a wireless wearable EEG/ECG biometric system based on the enobio sensor,” in Proceedings of the International Workshop on Wearable Micro and Nanosystems for Personalised Health, 2008.
- T. W. Shen, W. J. Tompkins, and Y. H. Hu, “One-lead ECG for identity verification,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology 24th Annual Conference and the 2002 Fall Meeting of the Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES / EMBS), pp. 62–63, October 2002.
- L. Biel, O. Pettersson, L. Philipson, and P. Wide, “Ecg analysis: a new approach in human identification,” in Proceedings of the 16th IEEE Instrumentation and Measurement Technology (IMTC '99), vol. 1, pp. 557–561, 1999.
- S. A. Israel, J. M. Irvine, A. Cheng, M. D. Wiederhold, and B. K. Wiederhold, “ECG to identify individuals,” Pattern Recognition, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 133–142, 2005.
- D. P. Coutinho, A. L. N. Fred, and M. A. T. Figueiredo, “Personal identification and authentication based on one-lead ECG using Ziv-Merhav cross parsing,” in Proceedings of the 10th International Workshop on Pattern Recognition in Information Systems (PRIS '10), pp. 15–24, June 2010.
- M. Li and S. Narayanan, “Robust ECG biometrics by fusing temporal and cepstral information,” in Proceedings of the 20th International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR '10), pp. 1326–1329, Istanbul, Turkey, August 2010.
- H. Silva, H. Gamboa, and A. Fred, “One lead ECG based personal identification with feature subspace ensembles,” in Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Machine Learning and Data Mining, pp. 770–783, 2007.
- T. W. Shen and W. J. Tompkins, “Biometric statistical study of one-lead ECG features and Body Mass Index (BMI),” in Proceedings of the 27th Annual International Conference of the Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBS '05), pp. 1162–1165, September 2005.
- H. Silva, H. Gamboa, and A. Fred, “Applicability of lead v2 ECG measurements in biometrics,” in Proceedings of the Med-e-Tel, pp. 177–180, 2007.
- A. D. C. Chan, M. M. Hamdy, A. Badre, and V. Badee, “Wavelet distance measure for person identification using electrocardiograms,” IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 248–253, 2008.
- H. Gamboa, F. Silva, and H. Silva, “Patient tracking system,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Pervasive Computing Technologies for Healthcare, March 2010.
- V. Leonov, “Wireless body-powered electrocardiography shirt,” in Proceedings of the Smart Systems Integration European Conference, 2009.
- J. Cunha, B. Cunha, W. Xavier, N. Ferreira, and A. Pereira, “Vital-jacket: a wearable wireless vital signs monitor for patients’ mobility,” in Proceedings of the Avantex Symposium, 2007.
- N. Duta, A. K. Jain, and K. V. Mardia, “Matching of palmprints,” Pattern Recognition Letters, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 477–485, 2002.
- A. Jain, A. Ross, and S. Pankanti, “A prototype hand geometry-based verification system,” in Proceedings of the 2nd Int‘l Conference on Audio- and Video-Based Biometric Person Authentication (AVBPA '99), pp. 166–171, Washington, DC, USA, 1999.
- PLUX. Ecg triodes, http://www.plux.info/ecg.
- PLUX. bioplux research, http://www.plux.info/biopluxresearch.
- W. Englese and C. Zeelenberg, “A single scan algorithm for QRS detection and feature extraction,” IEEE Computers in Cardiology, vol. 6, pp. 37–42, 1979.
- G. M. Friesen, T. C. Jannett, M. A. Jadallahand, S. L. Yates, S. R. Quint, and H. T. Nagle, “A comparison of the noise sensitivity of nine QRS detection algorithms,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 85–98, 1990.
- E. Chung, Pocket Guide to ECG Diagnosis, Willey-Blackwell, 2nd edition, 2001.