- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Computational Intelligence and Neuroscience
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 861705, 10 pages
ElectroMagnetoEncephalography Software: Overview and Integration with Other EEG/MEG Toolboxes
1Department of Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, Saarland University, Campus, 66123 Saarbrücken, Germany
2Department of Psychology, University of Bologna, 40127 Bologna, Italy
3Institute for Biomagnetism and Biosignalanalysis, University of Münster, 48149 Münster, Germany
Received 31 August 2010; Revised 30 November 2010; Accepted 18 January 2011
Academic Editor: Sylvain Baillet
Copyright © 2011 Peter Peyk et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- O. Hauk, “Keep it simple: a case for using classical minimum norm estimation in the analysis of EEG and MEG data,” NeuroImage, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 1612–1621, 2004.
- M. Junghöfer and P. Peyk, “Analyzing electrical activity and magnetic fields in the brain,” Matlab News & Notes, vol. 2/04, pp. 14–15, 2004.
- G. Gratton, M. G. H. Coles, and E. Donchin, “A new method for off-line removal of ocular artifact,” Electroencephalography and Clinical Neurophysiology, vol. 55, no. 4, pp. 468–484, 1983.
- R Development Core Team (2011), “R: A language and environment for statistical computing. R Foundation for Statistical Computing,” Vienna, Austria, ISBN 3-900051-07-0, URL http://www.R-project.org/.
- M. Junghöfer, T. Elbert, D. M. Tucker, and C. Braun, “The polar average reference effect: a bias in estimating the head surface integral in EEG recording,” Clinical Neurophysiology, vol. 110, no. 6, pp. 1149–1155, 1999.
- M. Junghöfer, T. Elbert, D. M. Tucker, and B. Rockstroh, “Statistical control of artifacts in dense array EEG/MEG studies,” Psychophysiology, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 523–532, 2000.
- M. Junghöfer, T. Elbert, P. Leiderer, P. Berg, and B. Rockstroh, “Mapping EEG-potentials on the surface of the brain: a strategy for uncovering cortical sources,” Brain Topography, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 203–217, 1997.
- M. S. Hamalainen and R. J. Ilmoniemi, “Interpreting magnetic fields of the brain: minimum norm estimates,” Medical and Biological Engineering and Computing, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 35–42, 1994.
- S. Baillet, J. C. Mosher, and R. M. Leahy, “Electromagnetic brain mapping,” IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 14–30, 2001.
- O. Steinsträter, S. Sillekens, M. Junghöfer, M. Burger, and C. H. Wolters, “Sensitivity of beamformer source analysis to deficiencies in forward modeling,” Human Brain Mapping, vol. 31, no. 12, pp. 1907–1927, 2010.
- C. S. Herrmann, M. Grigutsch, and N. A. Busch, “EEG oscillations and wavelet analysis,” in Event-Related Potentials: A Methods Handbook, MIT Press, Cambridge, Mass, USA, 2005.
- C. Tallon-Baudry, O. Bertrand, C. Delpuech, and J. Pernier, “Oscillatory γ-band (30–70 Hz) activity induced by a visual search task in humans,” Journal of Neuroscience, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 722–734, 1997.
- B. J. Roach and D. H. Mathalon, “Event-related EEG time-frequency analysis: an overview of measures and an analysis of early gamma band phase locking in schizophrenia,” Schizophrenia Bulletin, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 907–926, 2008.
- Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behavior, “FieldTrip: a Matlab software toolbox for MEG and EEG analysis,” 2010, http://www.ru.nl/neuroimaging/fieldtrip.
- A. Delorme and S. Makeig, “EEGLAB: an open source toolbox for analysis of single-trial EEG dynamics including independent component analysis,” Journal of Neuroscience Methods, vol. 134, no. 1, pp. 9–21, 2004.
- F. Perrin, J. Pernier, O. Bertrand, and J. F. Echallier, “Spherical splines for scalp potential and current density mapping,” Electroencephalography and Clinical Neurophysiology, vol. 72, no. 2, pp. 184–187, 1989.
- G. Huiskamp, “Difference formulas for the surface Laplacian on a triangulated surface,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 95, no. 2, pp. 477–496, 1991.
- R Development Core Team (2011), “R: A language and environment for statistical computing,” in R Foundation for Statistical Computing, Vienna, Austria, ISBN 3-900051-07-0, URL http://www.R-project.org/.