- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Computational Intelligence and Neuroscience
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 561406, 7 pages
Hybrid Particle Swarm Optimization and Its Application to Multimodal 3D Medical Image Registration
College of Information and Science, Ritsumeikan University, Shiga 525-8577, Japan
Received 27 April 2012; Accepted 3 June 2012
Academic Editor: Huiyan Jiang
Copyright © 2012 Chen-Lun Lin et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Morikawa, T. Inubushi, Y. Kurumi et al., “MR-guided microwave thermocoagulation therapy of liver tumors: Initial clinical experiences using a 0.5 T open MR system,” Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 576–583, 2002.
- R. Xu, Y. W. Chen, Y. T. Song, S. Morikawa, and Y. Kurumi, “Application of non-rigid medical image registration on open-MR based liver cancer surgery,” International Journal of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery, vol. 1, no. 7, pp. 286–288, 2006.
- L. G. Brown, “A survey of image registration techniques,” ACM Computing Surveys, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 325–376, 1992.
- J. P. W. Pluim, J. B. A. Maintz, and M. A. Viergever, “Mutual-information-based registration of medical images: a survey,” IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, vol. 22, no. 8, pp. 986–1004, 2003.
- J. M. Rouet, J. J. Jacq, and C. Roux, “Genetic algorithms for a robust 3-D MR-CT registration,” IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 126–136, 2000.
- J. Kennedy and R. C. Eberhart, “Particle swarm optimization,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Neural Networks, vol. 4, pp. 1942–1948, December 1995.
- Q. Bai, “Analysis of particle swarm optimization algorithm,” Computer and Information Science, vol. 3, no. 1, 2010.
- M. P. Wachowiak, R. Smolíková, Y. Zheng, J. M. Zurada, and A. S. Elmaghraby, “An approach to multimodal biomedical image registration utilizing particle swarm optimization,” IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 289–301, 2004.
- Y.-W. Chen, C.-L. Lin, and A. Mimori, “Multimodal medical image registration using particle swarm optimization,” in Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Intelligent Systems Design and Applications (ISDA '08), vol. 3, pp. 127–131, November 2008.
- D. Whitley, S. Rana, and K. Mathias, “Evaluating evolutionary algorithms,” Artificial Intelligence, vol. 85, pp. 245–276, 1996.
- J. West, J. M. Fitzpatrick, M. Y. Wang et al., “Comparison and evaluation of retrospective intermodality brain image registration techniques,” Journal of Computer Assisted Tomography, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 554–566, 1997.
- R. Shams, P. Sadeghi, R. A. Kennedy, and R. I. Hartley, “A survey of medical image registration on multicore and the GPU,” IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 50–60, 2010.
- R. Shams, P. Sadeghi, R. Kennedy, and R. Hartley, “Parallel computation of mutual information on the GPU with application to real-time registration of 3D medical images,” Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine, vol. 99, no. 2, pp. 133–146, 2010.