- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Computational Intelligence and Neuroscience
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 968438, 7 pages
Single Directional SMO Algorithm for Least Squares Support Vector Machines
1School of Mathematics and Statistics, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan 41007, China
2Wengjing College, Yantai University, Yantai, Shandong 264005, China
3School of Mathematics and Information Science, Yantai University, Yantai, Shandong 264005, China
Received 1 October 2012; Revised 20 December 2012; Accepted 4 January 2013
Academic Editor: Daoqiang Zhang
Copyright © 2013 Xigao Shao et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. H. Song, S. J. Yoo, C. S. Won, and H. G. Kim, “Svm based indoor/mixed/outdoor classification for digital photo annotation in a ubiquitous computing environment,” Computing and Informatics, vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 757–767, 2008.
- T. Van Gestel, J. A. K. Suykens, B. Baesens et al., “Benchmarking least squares support vector machine classifiers,” Machine Learning, vol. 54, no. 1, pp. 5–32, 2004.
- X. Zeng and X. W. Chen, “SMO-based pruning methods for sparse least squares support vector machines,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 1541–1546, 2005.
- H. Esen, F. Ozgen, M. Esen, and A. Sengur, “Modelling of a new solar air heater through least-squares support vector machines,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 36, no. 7, pp. 10673–10682, 2009.
- J. A. K. Suykens and J. Vandewalle, “Least squares support vector machine classifiers,” Neural Processing Letters, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 293–300, 1999.
- J. A. K. Suykens, L. Lukas, P. Van Dooren, B. De Moor, and J. Vandewalle, “Least squares support vector machine classifiers: a large scale algorithm,” in Proceedings of the European Conference on Circuit Theory and Design (ECCTD '99), pp. 839–842, Stresa, Italy, 1999.
- L. V. Ferreira, E. Kaszkurewicz, and A. Bhaya, “Solving systems of linear equations via gradient systems with discontinuous righthand sides: application to LS-SVM,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 501–505, 2005.
- K. S. Chua, “Efficient computations for large least square support vector machine classifiers,” Pattern Recognition Letters, vol. 24, no. 1–3, pp. 75–80, 2003.
- W. Chu, C. J. Ong, and S. S. Keerthi, “An improved conjugate gradient scheme to the solution of least squares SVM,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 498–501, 2005.
- S. S. Keerthi and S. K. Shevade, “SMO algorithm for least-squares SVM formulations,” Neural Computation, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 487–507, 2003.
- L. Bo, L. Jiao, and L. Wang, “Working set selection using functional gain for LS-SVM,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 1541–1544, 2007.
- L. Jian, Z. Xia, X. Liang, and C. Gao, “Design of a multiple kernel learning algorithm for LS-SVM by convex programming,” Neural Networks, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 476–483, 2011.
- J. C. Platt, “Training of support vector machines using sequential minimal optimization,” in Advances in Kernel Methods: Support Vector Learning, pp. 185–208, MIT Press, Cambridge, Mass, USA, 1999.
- S. S. Keerthi, S. K. Shevade, C. Bhattacharyya, and K. R. K. Murthy, “Improvements to Platt's SMO algorithm for SVM classifier design,” Neural Computation, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 637–649, 2001.
- R. E. Fan, P. H. Chen, and C. J. Lin, “Working set selection using second order information for training support vector machines,” Journal of Machine Learning Research, vol. 6, pp. 1889–1918, 2005.
- Á. Barbero, J. López, and J. R. Dorronsoro, “Cycle-breaking acceleration of SVM training,” Neurocomputing, vol. 72, no. 7–9, pp. 1398–1406, 2009.
- L. Jiao, L. Bo, and L. Wang, “Fast sparse approximation for least squares support vector machine,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 685–697, 2007.
- P. H. Chen, R. E. Fan, and C. J. Lin, “A study on SMO-type decomposition methods for support vector machines,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 893–908, 2006.
- Y.-L. Lin, J.-G. Hsieh, H.-K. Wu, and J.-H. Jeng, “Three-parameter sequential minimal optimization for support vector machines,” Neurocomputing, vol. 74, no. 17, pp. 3467–3475, 2011.
- J. López and J. A. K. Suykens, “First and second order SMO algorithms for LS-SVM classifiers,” Neural Processing Letters, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 31–44, 2011.
- G. R. Rätsch, “Benchmark Repository,” Intelligent Data Analysis Group, Fraunhofer-FIRST, Tech. Rep., 2005.
- C. C. Chang and C. J. Lin, “LIBSVM: a Library for support vector machines,” ACM Transactions on Intelligent Systems and Technology, vol. 2, no. 3, article 27, 2011.