- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 648320, 7 pages
A Rate-Distortion-Based Merging Algorithm for Compressed Image Segmentation
1Department of Business Administration, Chung Hua University, Hsinchu City 30012, Taiwan
2Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering, National United University, Miaoli 36003, Taiwan
3Department of Electronics Engineering, Chung Hua University, Hsinchu City 30012, Taiwan
4Department of Mathematics, University of Salerno, Via Ponte Don Melillo, 84084 Fisciano, Italy
Received 6 August 2012; Accepted 5 September 2012
Academic Editor: Sheng-yong Chen
Copyright © 2012 Ying-Shen Juang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Xia, D. Feng, and R. Zhao, “Adaptive segmentation of textured images by using the coupled Markov random field Model,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 15, no. 11, pp. 3559–3566, 2006.
- A. Y. Yang, J. Wright, Y. Ma, and S. Shankar Sastry, “Unsupervised segmentation of natural images via lossy data compression,” Computer Vision and Image Understanding, vol. 110, no. 2, pp. 212–225, 2008.
- N. A. M. Isa, S. A. Salamah, and U. K. Ngah, “Adaptive fuzzy moving K-means clustering algorithm for image segmentation,” IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, vol. 55, no. 4, pp. 2145–2153, 2009.
- S. Xiang, C. Pan, F. Nie, and C. Zhang, “Turbopixel segmentation using eigen-images,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 19, no. 11, pp. 3024–3034, 2010.
- M. Li and W. Zhao, “Quantitatively investigating locally weak stationarity of modified multifractional gaussian noise,” Physica A, vol. 391, no. 24, pp. 6268–6278, 2012.
- M. Li and W. Zhao, “Variance bound of ACF estimation of one block of fGn with LRD,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 560429, 14 pages, 2010.
- S. Chen and X. Li, “Functional magnetic resonance imaging for imaging neural activity in the human brain: the annual progress,” Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine, vol. 2012, Article ID 613465, 9 pages, 2012.
- Z. Teng, J. He, A. J. Degnan et al., “Critical mechanical conditions around neovessels in carotid atherosclerotic plaque may promote intraplaque hemorrhage,” Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology, vol. 223, no. 2, pp. 321–326, 2012.
- S. Y. Chen and Q. Guan, “Parametric shape representation by a deformable NURBS model for cardiac functional measurements,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 58, no. 3, pp. 480–487, 2011.
- D. E. Ilea and P. F. Whelan, “CTex—an adaptive unsupervised segmentation algorithm based on color-texture coherence,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 17, no. 10, pp. 1926–1939, 2008.
- S. Mallat, A Wavelet Tour of Signal Processing, Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 1999.
- M. K. Bashar, N. Ohnishi, and K. Agusa, “A new texture representation approach based on local feature saliency,” Pattern Recognition and Image Analysis, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 11–24, 2007.
- C. M. Pun and M. C. Lee, “Extraction of shift invariant wavelet features for classification of images with different sizes,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 26, no. 9, pp. 1228–1233, 2004.
- C. R. Jung, “Unsupervised multiscale segmentation of color images,” Pattern Recognition Letters, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 523–533, 2007.
- T. Acharya and P. S. Tsai, JPEG2000 Standard for Image Compression: Concepts, Algorithms and VLSI Architectures, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2005.
- C. Cattani, “Harmonic wavelet approximation of random, fractal and high frequency signals,” Telecommunication Systems, vol. 43, no. 3-4, pp. 207–217, 2010.
- S. Y. Chen and Z. J. Wang, “Acceleration strategies in generalized belief propagation,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 41–48, 2012.
- F. Zargari, A. Mosleh, and M. Ghanbari, “A fast and efficient compressed domain JPEG2000 image retrieval method,” IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, vol. 54, no. 4, pp. 1886–1893, 2008.
- M. H. Pi, C. S. Tong, S. K. Choy, and H. Zhang, “A fast and effective model for wavelet subband histograms and its application in texture image retrieval,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 15, no. 10, pp. 3078–3088, 2006.
- H. C. Hsin, “Texture segmentation in the joint photographic expert group 2000 domain,” IET Image Processing, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 554–559, 2011.
- D. Comaniciu and P. Meer, “Mean shift: a robust approach toward feature space analysis,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 603–619, 2002.
- H. C. Hsin, T.-Y. Sung, Y.-S. Shieh, and C. Cattani, “MQ Coder based image feature and segmentation in the compressed domain,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 490840, 14 pages, 2012.
- S. Chen, M. Zhao, G. Wu, C. Yao, and J. Zhang, “Recent advances in morphological cell image analysis,” Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine, vol. 2012, Article ID 101536, 10 pages, 2012.
- R. Unnikrishnan, C. Pantofaru, and M. Hebert, “Toward objective evaluation of image segmentation algorithms,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 929–944, 2007.
- H. C. Hsin and T. Y. Sung, “Context-based rate distortion estimation and its application to wavelet image coding,” WSEAS Transactions on Information Science and Applications, vol. 6, no. 6, pp. 988–993, 2009.
- H.-C. Hsin and T.-Y. Sung, “Image segmentation in the JPEG2000 domain,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Wavelet Analysis and Pattern Recognition (ICWAPR '11), pp. 24–28, 2011.
- H.-C. Hsin, T.-Y. Sung, Y.-S. Shieh, and C. Cattani, “Adaptive binary arithmetic coder-based image feature and segmentation in the compressed domain,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 490840, 14 pages, 2012.