- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 275317, 7 pages
Membership-Degree Preserving Discriminant Analysis with Applications to Face Recognition
School of Computer Science and Engineering, Nanjing University of Science and Technology, Nanjing 210094, China
Received 18 August 2013; Accepted 14 September 2013
Academic Editor: Qingshan Liu
Copyright © 2013 Zhangjing Yang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Turk and A. Pentland, “Eigenfaces for recognition,” Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 71–86, 1991.
- P. N. Belhumeur, J. P. Hespanha, and D. J. Kriegman, “Eigenfaces vs. fisherfaces: recognition using class specific linear projection,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 19, no. 7, pp. 711–720, 1997.
- P. Huang and Z. M. Tang, “Mininum-distance discriminant projections and its application to face recognition,” Journal of Image and Graphics, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 201–206, 2013.
- Q. Jiang, M. Jia, and J. Lv, “New approach of intelligent fault diagnosis based on LLE algorithm,” in Proceedings of the 20th Chinese Control and Decision Conference (CCDC '08), vol. 1, pp. 522–526, Shandong, China, July 2008.
- H. Choi and S. Choi, “Robust kernel isomap,” Pattern Recognition, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 853–862, 2007.
- C. Chen, L. Zhang, J. Bu, C. Wang, and W. Chen, “Constrained laplacian eigenmap for dimensionality reduction,” Neurocomputing, vol. 73, no. 4–6, pp. 951–958, 2010.
- X. He, S. Yan, Y. Hu, P. Niyogi, and H.-J. Zhang, “Face recognition using laplacianfaces,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 328–340, 2005.
- S. C. Yan, D. Xu, B. Y. Zhang, et al., “Graph embedding and extensions: a general framework for dimensionality reduction,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 40–51, 2007.
- J. Yang, D. Zhang, J.-Y. Yang, and B. Niu, “Globally maximizing, locally minimizing: unsupervised discriminant projection with applications to face and palm biometrics,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 650–664, 2007.
- J.-B. Li, J.-S. Pan, and S.-C. Chu, “Kernel class-wise locality preserving projection,” Information Sciences, vol. 178, no. 7, pp. 1825–1835, 2008.
- X. He, S. Yan, Y. Hu, and H.-J. Zhang, “Learning a locality preserving subspace for visual recognition,” in Proceedings of the 9th IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV '03), pp. 385–392, Nice, France, October 2003.
- D. Xu, S. Yan, D. Tao, S. Lin, and H.-J. Zhang, “Marginal fisher analysis and its variants for human gait recognition and content- based image retrieval,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 16, no. 11, pp. 2811–2821, 2007.
- J. Lu and Y.-P. Tan, “Improved discriminant locality preserving projections for face and palmprint recognition,” Neurocomputing, vol. 74, no. 18, pp. 3760–3767, 2011.
- M. Sugiyama, “Dimensionality reduction of multimodal labeled data by local fisher discriminant analysis,” Journal of Machine Learning Research, vol. 8, pp. 1027–1061, 2007.
- Z. Lai, C. Zhao, Y. Chen, and Z. Jin, “Maximal local interclass embedding with application to face recognition,” Machine Vision and Applications, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 619–627, 2011.
- B. Li, C. Wang, and D.-S. Huang, “Supervised feature extraction based on orthogonal discriminant projection,” Neurocomputing, vol. 73, no. 1–3, pp. 191–196, 2009.
- S. W. Zhang, Y. K. Lei, Y. H. Wu, and J. A. Yang, “Modified orthogonal discriminant projection for classification,” Neurocomputing, vol. 74, no. 17, pp. 3690–3694, 2011.
- M. Wan, Z. Lai, J. Shao, and Z. Jin, “Two-dimensional local graph embedding discriminant analysis (2DLGEDA) with its application to face and palm biometrics,” Neurocomputing, vol. 73, no. 1–3, pp. 197–203, 2009.
- K.-C. Kwak and W. Pedrycz, “Face recognition using a fuzzy fisherface classifier,” Pattern Recognition, vol. 38, no. 10, pp. 1717–1732, 2005.
- M. Sarkar, “Fuzzy-rough nearest neighbor algorithms in classification,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, vol. 158, no. 19, pp. 2134–2152, 2007.
- M. Wan, M. Li, Z. Lai, J. Yin, and Z. Jin, “Feature extraction based on fuzzy class mean embedding (FCME) with its application to face and palm biometrics,” Machine Vision and Applications, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 985–997, 2012.