- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 317803, 11 pages
Ontology-Oriented Diagnostic System for Traditional Chinese Medicine Based on Relation Refinement
1College of Computer Science, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310027, China
2China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences, Beijing 100700, China
Received 26 October 2012; Revised 31 December 2012; Accepted 2 January 2013
Academic Editor: Alejandro Rodríguez González
Copyright © 2013 Peiqin Gu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Wang, “A computerized diagnostic model based on naive bayesian classifier in traditional chinese medicine,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on BioMedical Engineering and Informatics (BMEI '08), vol. 1, pp. 474–477, IEEE, May 2008.
- X. Wang, H. Qu, P. Liu, and Y. Cheng, “A self-learning expert system for diagnosis in traditional Chinese medicine,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 557–566, 2004.
- S. Mukherjea, “Information retrieval and knowledge discovery utilising a biomedical Semantic Web,” Briefings in Bioinformatics, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 252–262, 2005.
- B. L. Humphreys and D. A. B. Lindberg, The unified medical language system.
- K. Spackman, K. Campbell, R. A. Côté, et al., “SNOMED RT: a reference terminology for health care,” in Proceedings of the AMIA Annual Fall Symposium, American Medical Informatics Association, p. 640, 1997.
- A. Rodríguez-González, G. Hernández-Chan, R. Colomo-Palacios et al., “Towards an ontology to support Semantics enabled diagnostic decision support systems,” Current Bioinformatics, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 234–245, 2012.
- Á. García-Crespo, A. Rodríguez, M. Mencke, J. M. Gómez-Berbís, and R. Colomo-Palacios, “ODDIN: ontology-driven differential diagnosis based on logical inference and probabilistic refinements,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 2621–2628, 2010.
- M.-J. Huang and M.-Y. Chen, “Integrated design of the intelligent web-based Chinese Medical Diagnostic System (CMDS)—systematic development for digestive health,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 658–673, 2007.
- Y. Mao and A. Yin, “Ontology modeling and development for Traditional Chinese Medicine,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Biomedical Engineering and Informatics (BMEI '09), pp. 1–5, IEEE, October 2009.
- S. Lukman, Y. He, and S. C. Hui, “Computational methods for traditional Chinese medicine: a survey,” Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine, vol. 88, pp. 283–294, 2007.
- D. L. Rubin, N. H. Shah, and N. F. Noy, “Biomedical ontologies: a functional perspective,” Briefings in Bioinformatics, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 75–90, 2008.
- F. Manola and E. Miller, RDF Primer: W3c recommendation, Decision Support Systems.
- D. L. Mcguinness and F. V. Harmelen, OWL Web Ontology Language Overview, World Wide Web.
- E. Antezana, M. Kuiper, and V. Mironov, “Biological knowledge management: the emerging role of the Semantic Web technologies,” Briefings in Bioinformatics, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 392–407, 2009.
- G. Sun, The Basic Theory of Chinese Medicine, China Press of Traditional Chinese Medicine, 2005.
- G. Zhu, Diagnostics of Chinese Medicine, China Press of Traditional Chinese Medicine, 2007.
- Z. Zhou, Chinese Internal Medicine, China Press of Traditional Chinese Medicine, 2007.
- E. D. Demaine, A. López-Ortiz, and J. I. Munro, “Adaptive set intersections, unions, and differences,” in Symposium on Discrete Algorithms, pp. 743–752, 2000.
- J. Barbay, A. López-Ortiz, T. Lu, and A. Salinger, “An experimental investigation of set intersection algorithms for text searching,” ACM Journal of Experimental Algorithmics, vol. 14, 2009.
- J. Barbay and C. Kenyon, “Adaptive intersection and t-threshold problems,” in Symposium on Discrete Algorithms, pp. 390–399, 2002.
- R. A. Baeza-yates, “A fast set intersection algorithm for sorted sequences,” in Combinatorial Pattern Matching, pp. 400–408, 2004.
- H. Wache, T. Vögele, U. Visser, et al., “Ontology-based integration of information-a survey of existing approaches,” in Proceedings of the IJCAI Workshop on Ontologies and Information Sharing, 2001.
- C. H. Goh, Representing and reasoning about semantic conflicts in heterogeneous information systems, 1997.
- D. S. Hirschberg, “Algorithms for the longest common subsequence problem,” Journal of the Association for Computing Machinery, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 664–675, 1977.
- L. A. Zadeh, “Fuzzy sets,” Information and Computation, vol. 8, pp. 338–353, 1965.
- S. K. De, R. Biswas, and A. R. Roy, “An application of intuitionistic fuzzy sets in medical diagnosis,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, vol. 117, no. 2, pp. 209–213, 2001.
- H. Chen, Y. Wang, H. Wang et al., “Towards a semantic web of relational databases: a practical semantic toolkit and an in-use case from traditional Chinese medicine,” in Proceeding of the 5th international conference on The Semantic Web (ISWC '06), vol. 4273 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 750–763, 2006.