- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 601640, 7 pages
Validation of the Revised Stressful Life Event Questionnaire Using a Hybrid Model of Genetic Algorithm and Artificial Neural Networks
1Industrial Engineering Department, Sharif University of Technology, P.O. Box 11365-9466, Tehran, Iran
2Mental Health Unit, Cardiovascular Research Center, Isfahan Cardiovascular Research Institute, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, P.O. Box 81465-1148, Isfahan, Iran
3Cardiac Rehabilitation Research Center, Isfahan Cardiovascular Research Institute, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan, Iran
4Cardiovascular Research Center, Isfahan Cardiovascular Research Institute, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan, Iran
Received 21 November 2012; Revised 2 January 2013; Accepted 2 January 2013
Academic Editor: Guang Wu
Copyright © 2013 Rasoul Sali et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Roohafza, M. Ramezani, M. Sadeghi, M. Shahnam, B. Zolfagari, and N. Sarafzadegan, “Development and validation of the stressful life event questionnaire,” International Journal of Public Health, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 441–448, 2011.
- T. H. Holmes and R. H. Rahe, “The social readjustment rating scale,” Journal of Psychosomatic Research, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 213–218, 1967.
- B. S. Dohrenwend, L. Krasnoff, A. R. Askenasy, and B. P. Dohrenwend, “Exemplification of a method for scaling life events: the Peri life events scale,” Journal of Health and Social Behavior, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 205–229, 1978.
- I. G. Sarason, J. H. Johnson, and J. M. Siegel, “Assessing the impact of life changes: development of the life experiences survey,” Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, vol. 46, no. 5, pp. 932–946, 1978.
- T. Almadi, I. Cathers, A. M. Hamdan Mansour, and C. M. Chow, “An Arabic version of the perceived stress scale: translation and validation study,” International Journal of Nursing Studies, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 84–89, 2012.
- T. L. Bush, S. R. Miller, A. L. Golden, and W. E. Hale, “Self-report and medical record report agreement of selected medical conditions in the elderly,” American Journal of Public Health, vol. 79, no. 11, pp. 1554–1556, 1989.
- N. Haapanen, S. Miilunpalo, M. Pasanen, P. Oja, and I. Vuori, “Agreement between questionnaire data and medical records of chronic diseases in middle-aged and elderly Finnish men and women,” American Journal of Epidemiology, vol. 145, no. 8, pp. 762–769, 1997.
- K. C. Barnes, L. R. Freidhoff, E. M. Horowitz et al., “Physician-derived asthma diagnoses made on the basis of questionnaire data are in good agreement with interview-based diagnoses and are not affected by objective tests,” Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, vol. 104, no. 4, pp. 791–796, 1999.
- S. N. Baxi, W. J. Sheehan, J. M. Gaffin et al., “Agreement between parent and student responses to an asthma and allergy questionnaire in a diverse, inner-city elementary school population,” Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, vol. 107, no. 4, pp. 371–373, 2011.
- L. Matthews, C. Hankey, V. Penpraze et al., “Agreement of accelerometer and a physical activity questionnaire in adults with intellectual disabilities,” Preventive Medicine, vol. 52, no. 5, pp. 361–364, 2011.
- S. S. Merkin, K. Cavanaugh, J. C. Longenecker, N. E. Fink, A. S. Levey, and N. R. Powe, “Agreement of self-reported comorbid conditions with medical and physician reports varied by disease among end-stage renal disease patients,” Journal of Clinical Epidemiology, vol. 60, no. 6, pp. 634–642, 2007.
- Y. Okura, L. H. Urban, D. W. Mahoney, S. J. Jacobsen, and R. J. Rodeheffer, “Agreement between self-report questionnaires and medical record data was substantial for diabetes, hypertension, myocardial infarction and stroke but not for heart failure,” Journal of Clinical Epidemiology, vol. 57, no. 10, pp. 1096–1103, 2004.
- L. Hedman, A. Bjerg, M. Perzanowski, and E. Rönmark, “Good agreement between parental and self-completed questionnaires about allergic diseases and environmental factors in teenagers,” Journal of Clinical Epidemiology, vol. 63, no. 7, pp. 783–789, 2010.
- N. Sarraf-Zadegan, G. Sadri, H. Malek Afzali et al., “Isfahan Healthy Heart Programme: a comprehensive integrated community-based programme for cardiovascular disease prevention and control. Design, methods and initial experience,” Acta Cardiologica, vol. 58, no. 4, pp. 309–320, 2003.
- N. Sarrafzadegan, A. Baghaei, G. Sadri et al., “Isfahan healthy heart program: evaluation of comprehensive, community-based interventions for non-communicable disease prevention,” Prevention and Control, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 73–84, 2006.
- D. P. Goldberg and V. F. Hillier, “A scaled version of the General Health Questionnaire,” Psychological Medicine, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 139–145, 1979.
- A. Montazeri, A. M. Harirchi, M. Shariati, G. Garmaroudi, M. Ebadi, and A. Fateh, “The 12-item General Health Questionnaire (GHQ-12): translation and validation study of the Iranian version,” Health and Quality of Life Outcomes, vol. 1, article 66, 2003.
- S. Haykin, Neural Networks: A Comprehensive foundation, MacMillan, New York, NY, USA, 1994.
- C. G. DeGroff, S. Bhatikar, J. Hertzberg, R. Shandas, L. Valdes-Cruz, and R. L. Mahajan, “Artificial neural network—based method of screening heart murmurs in children,” Circulation, vol. 103, no. 22, pp. 2711–2716, 2001.
- W. Wan, H. Xu, W. Zhang, X. Hu, and G. Deng, “Questionnaires-based skin attribute prediction using Elman neural network,” Neurocomputing, vol. 74, no. 17, pp. 2834–2841, 2011.