- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 628036, 11 pages
Structural Complexity of DNA Sequence
Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering, National Taiwan University, Taipei 10617, Taiwan
Received 10 January 2013; Accepted 3 March 2013
Academic Editor: Carlo Cattani
Copyright © 2013 Cheng-Yuan Liou et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Koslicki, “Topological entropy of DNA sequences,” Bioinformatics, vol. 27, no. 8, Article ID btr077, pp. 1061–1067, 2011.
- C. Cattani, G. Pierro, and G. Altieri, “Entropy and multi-fractality for the myeloma multiple tet 2 gene,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 193761, 14 pages, 2012.
- S. Manna and C. Y. Liou, “Reverse engineering approach in molecular evolution: simulation and case study with enzyme proteins,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Bioinformatics & Computational Biology (BIOCOMP '06), pp. 529–533, 2006.
- R. Zhang and C. T. Zhang, “Z curves, an intutive tool for visualizing and analyzing the DNA sequences,” Journal of Biomolecular Structure and Dynamics, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 767–782, 1994.
- P. Tiño, “Spatial representation of symbolic sequences through iterative function systems,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics A, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 386–393, 1999.
- C. K. Peng, S. V. Buldyrev, A. L. Goldberger et al., “Long-range correlations in nucleotide sequences,” Nature, vol. 356, no. 6365, pp. 168–170, 1992.
- B. L. Hao, H. C. Lee, and S. Y. Zhang, “Fractals related to long DNA sequences and complete genomes,” Chaos, solitons and fractals, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 825–836, 2000.
- C. Cattani, “Fractals and hidden symmetries in DNA,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 507056, 31 pages, 2010.
- C. Y. Liou, T. H. Wu, and C. Y. Lee, “Modeling complexity in musical rhythm,” Complexity, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 19–30, 2010.
- P. Prusinkiewicz, “Score generation with lsystems,” in Proceedings of the International Computer Music Conference, pp. 455–457, 1986.
- P. Prusinkiewicz and A. Lindenmayer, The Algorithmic Beauty of Plants, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1996.
- P. Worth and S. Stepney, “Growing music: musical interpretations of L-systems,” in Applications of Evolutionary Computing, vol. 3449 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 545–550, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2005.
- A. Lindenmayer, “Mathematical models for cellular interactions in development II. Simple and branching filaments with two-sided inputs,” Journal of Theoretical Biology, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 300–315, 1968.
- “Wikipedia: L-system—Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia,” 2012.
- H. Barlow, “Unsupervised learning,” Neural Computation, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 295–311, 1989.
- R. Badii and A. Politi, Complexity: Hierarchical Structures and Scaling in Physics, vol. 6, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1999.
- W. Kuich, “On the entropy of context-free languages,” Information and Control, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 173–200, 1970.
- T. Togawa, K. Otsuka, S. Hiki, and H. Kitaoka, “Complexity of chinese characters,” Forma, vol. 15, pp. 409–414, 2001.