- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 715843, 7 pages
Morphological Measurement of Living Cells in Methanol with Digital Holographic Microscopy
1College of Applied Sciences, Beijing University of Technology, Beijing 100124, China
2Institute of Information Photonics Technology, Beijing University of Technology, Beijing 100124, China
3College of Life Science & Biotechnology, Beijing University of Technology, Beijing 100124, China
4Beijing Aeronautical Manufacturing Technology Research Institute, AVIC, Beijing 100124, China
5The Pilot College, Beijing University of Technology, Beijing 101101, China
Received 14 September 2012; Revised 16 December 2012; Accepted 18 December 2012
Academic Editor: Yujie Lu
Copyright © 2013 Yunxin Wang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. L. Edinger and C. B. Thompson, “Death by design: apoptosis, necrosis and autophagy,” Current Opinion in Cell Biology, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 663–669, 2004.
- N. Zucchini-Pascal, G. de Sousa, and R. Rahmani, “Lindane and cell death: at the crossroads between apoptosis, necrosis and autophagy,” Toxicology, vol. 256, no. 1-2, pp. 32–41, 2009.
- L. Zhang, W. Lei, X. Wang, Y. Tang, and J. Song, “Glucocorticoid induces mesenchymal-to-epithelial transition and inhibits TGF-β1-induced epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition and cell migration,” FEBS Letters, vol. 584, no. 22, pp. 4646–4654, 2010.
- T. Kato, H. Fujino, S. Oyama, T. Kawashima, and T. Murayama, “Indomethacin induces cellular morphological change and migration via epithelial-mesenchymal transition in A549 human lung cancer cells: a novel cyclooxygenase-inhibition-independent effect,” Biochemical Pharmacology, vol. 82, pp. 1781–1791, 2011.
- R. Martínez-Tellez, M. d. Jesús Gómez-Villalobos, and G. Flores, “Alteration in dendritic morphology of cortical neurons in rats with diabetes mellitus induced by streptozotocin,” Brain Research, vol. 1048, no. 1-2, pp. 108–115, 2005.
- Y. Zhanga, W. Zhang, S. Wanga et al., “Detection of human erythrocytes influenced by iron deficiency anemia and thalassemia using atomic force microscopy,” Micron, vol. 43, pp. 1287–1292, 2012.
- L. J. Kricka and P. Fortina, “Analytical ancestry: "firsts" in fluorescent labeling of nucleosides, nucleotides, and nucleic acids,” Clinical Chemistry, vol. 55, no. 4, pp. 670–683, 2009.
- N. Lue, W. Choi, G. Popescu et al., “Quantitative phase imaging of live cells using fast Fourier phase microscopy,” Applied Optics, vol. 46, no. 10, pp. 1836–1842, 2007.
- T. Ikeda, G. Popescu, R. R. Dasari, and M. S. Feld, “Hilbert phase microscopy for investigating fast dynamics in transparent systems,” Optics Letters, vol. 30, no. 10, pp. 1165–1167, 2005.
- G. Popescu, T. Ikeda, R. R. Dasari, and M. S. Feld, “Diffraction phase microscopy for quantifying cell structure and dynamics,” Optics Letters, vol. 31, no. 6, pp. 775–777, 2006.
- B. Kemper and G. Von Bally, “Digital holographic microscopy for live cell applications and technical inspection,” Applied Optics, vol. 47, no. 4, pp. A52–A61, 2008.
- B. Rappaz, P. Marquet, E. Cuche, Y. Emery, C. Depeursinge, and P. J. Magistretti, “Measurement of the integral refractive index and dynamic cell morphometry of living cells with digital holographic microscopy,” Optics Express, vol. 13, no. 23, pp. 9361–9373, 2005.
- F. Charrière, N. Pavillon, T. Colomb et al., “Living specimen tomography by digital holographic microscopy: morphometry of testate amoeba,” Optics Express, vol. 14, no. 16, pp. 7005–7013, 2006.
- B. Kemper, D. Carl, J. Schnekenburger et al., “Investigation of living pancreas tumor cells by digital holographic microscopy,” Journal of Biomedical Optics, vol. 11, no. 3, Article ID 034005, 2006.
- C. J. Mann, L. Yu, C. M. Lo, and M. K. Kim, “High-resolution quantitative phase-contrast microscopy by digital holography,” Optics Express, vol. 13, no. 22, pp. 8693–8698, 2005.
- X. Yu, M. Cross, C. Liu, D. C. Clark, D. T. Haynie, and M. K. Kim, “Measurement of the traction force of biological cells by digital holography,” Biomedical Optics Express, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 153–159, 2012.
- K. Jeong, J. J. Turek, and D. D. Nolte, “Volumetric motility-contrast imaging of tissue response to cytoskeletal anti-cancer drugs,” Optics Express, vol. 15, no. 21, pp. 14057–14064, 2007.
- N. Pavillon, J. Kühn, C. Moratal et al., “Early cell death detection with digital holographic microscopy,” PloS One, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 153–159, 2012.
- Z. Liu, J. T. Robinson, X. Sun, and H. Dai, “PEGylated nanographene oxide for delivery of water-insoluble cancer drugs,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 130, no. 33, pp. 10876–10877, 2008.
- A. Avdeef, K. J. Box, J. E. A. Comer et al., “PH-metric logP 11. pK(a) determination of water-insoluble drugs in organic solvent-water mixtures,” Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 631–641, 1999.
- Y. Qin and Y. Chen, “Effect of different fixatives on location of RhoA protein by immunofluorescence microscopy,” Journal of Jiangsu University, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 385–388, 2006.
- J. Fan, N. Luo, X. Dong, and X. Yu, “Evaluation of different fixatives in confocal immunofluorescence,” Journal of Sun Yat-Sen University, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 600–604, 2009.
- E. Cuche, P. Marquet, and C. Depeursinge, “Spatial filtering for zero-order and twin-image elimination in digital off-axis holography,” Applied Optics, vol. 39, no. 23, pp. 4070–4075, 2000.
- C. Liu, D. Wang, and Y. Zhang, “Comparison and verification of numerical reconstruction methods in digital holography,” Optical Engineering, vol. 48, no. 10, Article ID 105802, 2009.
- D. C. Ghiglia and M. D. Pritt, Two-Dimensional Phase Unwrapping: Theory, Algorithms, and Software, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1998.
- N. Lue, G. Popescu, T. Ikeda, R. R. Dasari, K. Badizadegan, and M. S. Feld, “Live cell refractometry using microfluidic devices,” Optics Letters, vol. 31, no. 18, pp. 2759–2761, 2006.
- M. H. Jericho, H. J. Kreuzer, M. Kanka, and R. Riesenberg, “Quantitative phase and refractive index measurements with point-source digital in-line holographic microscopy,” Applied Optics, vol. 51, no. 10, pp. 1503–1515, 2012.
- C. E. Rommel, C. Dierker, L. Schmidt et al., “Contrast-enhanced digital holographic imaging of cellular structures by manipulating the intracellular refractive index,” Journal of Biomedical Optics, vol. 15, no. 4, Article ID 041509, 2010.
- F. Pan, S. Liu, Z. Wang, P. Shang, and W. Xiao, “Digital holographic microscopy long-term and real-time monitoring of cell division and changes under simulated zero gravity,” Optics Express, vol. 20, no. 10, pp. 11496–11505, 2012.
- Y. Zhang, D. Wang, Y. Wang, and S. Tao, “Automatic compensation of total phase aberrations in digital holographic biological imaging,” Chinese Physics Letters, vol. 28, no. 11, Article ID 114209, 2011.
- B. Kemper, D. Carl, A. Höink, G. Von Bally, I. Bredebusch, and J. Schnekenburger, “Modular digital holographic microscopy system for marker free quantitative phase contrast imaging of living cells,” in Biophotonics and New Therapy Frontiers, vol. 6191, 61910T-1-8, April 2006.
- Y. Wang, D. Wang, J. Zhao, Y. Yang, X. Xiao, and H. Cui, “Non-invasive monitoring of living cell culture by lensless digital holography imaging,” Chinese Optics Letters, vol. 9, no. 3, Article ID 030901, 2011.