- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 849520, 10 pages
Bayesian Inference of the Weibull Model Based on Interval-Censored Survival Data
1Institute for Mathematical Research, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
2Bolgatanga Senior High School, P.O. Box 176, Upper East Region, Bolgatanga, Ghana
3Institute for Mathematical Research and Department of Mathematics, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 43400 Serdang, Salangor, Malaysia
Received 1 August 2012; Revised 23 October 2012; Accepted 14 November 2012
Academic Editor: Xiaonan Xue
Copyright © 2013 Chris Bambey Guure et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. M. Al-Aboud, “Bayesian estimation for the extreme value distribution using progressive censored data and asymmetric loss,” International Mathematical Forum, vol. 4, pp. 1603–1622, 2009.
- F. M. Al-Athari, “Parameter estimation for the double-pareto distribution,” Journal of Mathematics and Statistics, vol. 7, pp. 289–294, 2011.
- H. Syuan-Rong and W. Shuo-Jye, “Bayesian estimation and prediction for Weibull model with progressive censoring,” The Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation, vol. 82, no. 11, pp. 1607–1620, 2012.
- C. B. Guure and N. A. Ibrahim, “Bayesian analysis of the survival function and failure rate of Weibull distribution with censored data,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 329489, 18 pages, 2012.
- B. N. Pandey, N. Dwividi, and B. Pulastya, “Comparison between bayesian and maximum likelihood estimation of the scale parameter in Weibull distribution with known shape under linex loss function,” Journal of Scientometric Research, vol. 55, pp. 163–172, 2011.
- A. A. Soliman, A. H. Abd Ellah, and K. S. Sultan, “Comparison of estimates using record statistics from Weibull model: bayesian and non-bayesian approaches,” Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, vol. 51, no. 3, pp. 2065–2077, 2006.
- A. A. Abdel-Wahid and A. Winterbottom, “Approximate Bayesian estimates for the weibull reliability function and hazard rate from censored data,” Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, vol. 16, pp. 277–283, 1987.
- C. B. Guure, N. A. Ibrahim, and A. M. Al Omari, “Bayesian estimation of two-parameter Weibull distribution using extension of Jeffreys’ prior information with three loss functions,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 589640, 13 pages, 2012.
- B. W. Turnbull, “The empirical distribution with arbitrarily grouped censored and truncated data,” Journal of the Royal Statistical Society B, vol. 38, pp. 290–295, 1976.
- S. Jianguo, The Statistical Analysis of Interval-Censored Failure Time Data, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2006.
- J. F. Lawless, Statistical Models and Methods for Lifetime Data, John Wiley, New York, NY, USA, 2003.
- M. E. Flygare and J. A. Buckwalter, “Maximum likelihood estimation for the 2-parameter Weibull distribution based on interval-data,” IEEE Transactions on Reliability, vol. 34, pp. 57–60, 2010.
- J. K. Lindsey, “A study of interval censoring in parametric regression models,” Lifetime Data Analysis, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 329–354, 1998.
- A. J. Scallan, “Regression modelling of interval-censored failure time data using the Weibull distribution,” Journal of Applied Statistics, vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 613–618, 1999.
- P. M. Odell, K. M. Anderson, and R. B. D'Agostino, “Maximum likelihood estimation for interval-censored data using a Weibull- based accelerated failure time model,” Biometrics, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 951–959, 1992.
- R. B. Abernethy, The NewWeibull Handbook, 5th edition, 2006.
- G. Gómez, M. L. Calle, and R. Oller, “Frequentist and Bayesian approaches for interval-censored data,” Statistical Papers, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 139–173, 2004.
- J. O. Berger and D. Sun, “Bayesian analysis for the Poly-Weibull distribution,” Journal of the American Statistical Association, vol. 88, pp. 1412–1418, 1993.
- A. Banerjee and D. Kundu, “Inference based on type-II hybrid censored data from a Weibull distribution,” IEEE Transactions on Reliability, vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 369–378, 2008.
- M. S. Hamada, C. S. Reese, A. G. Wilson, and H. F. Martz, Bayesian Reliability, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2008.
- H. R. Varian, “A Bayesian approach to real estate assessment,” in Studies in Bayesian Econometrics and Statistics in Honour of L. J. Savage, pp. 195–208, North-Holland, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1975.
- A. Zellner, “Bayesian estimation and prediction using asymmetric loss functions,” Journal of the American Statistical Association, vol. 81, pp. 446–451, 1986.
- L. M. Lye, K. P. Hapuarachchi, and S. Ryan, “Bayes estimation of the extreme-value reliability function,” IEEE Transactions on Reliability, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 641–644, 1993.
- R. Calabria and G. Pulcini, “Point estimation under asymmetric loss functions for left-truncated exponential samples,” Communications in Statistics, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 585–600, 1996.