- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 860673, 11 pages
A Robust Rerank Approach for Feature Selection and Its Application to Pooling-Based GWA Studies
1Institute of Statistical Science, Academia Sinica, Taipei 11529, Taiwan
2Institute of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei 10055, Taiwan
3Research Center of Genes, Environment and Human Health, National Taiwan University, Taipei 10055, Taiwan
Received 12 January 2013; Accepted 8 March 2013
Academic Editor: Shinto Eguchi
Copyright © 2013 Jia-Rou Liu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Cunningham, Dimension Reduction, pp. 91–112, chapter 4, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2008.
- H. Hotelling, “Analysis of a complex of statistical variables into principal components,” Journal of Educational Psychology, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 417–441, 1933.
- I. Guyon and A. Elisseeff, “An introduction to variable and feature selection,” The Journal of Machine Learning Research, vol. 3, pp. 1157–1182, 2003.
- Y. Saeys, I. Inza, and P. Larrañaga, “A review of feature selection techniques in bioinformatics,” Bioinformatics, vol. 23, no. 19, pp. 2507–2517, 2007.
- J. L. DeRisi, V. R. Iyer, and P. O. Brown, “Exploring the metabolic and genetic control of gene expression on a genomic scale,” Science, vol. 278, no. 5338, pp. 680–686, 1997.
- V. G. Tusher, R. Tibshirani, and G. Chu, “Significance analysis of microarrays applied to the ionizing radiation response,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 98, no. 9, pp. 5116–5121, 2001.
- R. Breitling, P. Armengaud, A. Amtmann, and P. Herzyk, “Rank products: a simple, yet powerful, new method to detect differentially regulated genes in replicated microarray experiments,” FEBS Letters, vol. 573, no. 1–3, pp. 83–92, 2004.
- M. Alvo, Z. Liu, A. Williams, and C. Yauk, “Testing for mean and correlation changes in microarray experiments: an application for pathway analysis,” BMC Bioinformatics, vol. 11, no. 1, article 60, 2010.
- F. Chang and J.-C. Chen, “An adaptive multiple feature subset method for feature ranking and selection,” in Proceedings of the 15th Conference on Technologies and Applications of Artificial Intelligence (TAAI '10), pp. 255–262, IEEE Computer Society, November 2010.
- G. C. Tseng and W. H. Wong, “Tight clustering: a resampling-based approach for identifying stable and tight patterns in data,” Biometrics, vol. 61, no. 1, pp. 10–16, 2005.
- R. D. Cook and X. Yin, “Dimension reduction and visualization in discriminant analysis (with discussion),” Australian and New Zealand Journal of Statistics, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 147–199, 2001.
- T. A. Manolio, L. L. Rodriguez, L. Brooks et al., “New models of collaboration in genome-wide association studies: the Genetic Association Information Network,” Nature Genetics, vol. 39, no. 9, pp. 1045–1051, 2007.
- M. D. Mailman, M. Feolo, Y. Jin et al., “The NCBI dbGaP database of genotypes and phenotypes,” Nature Genetics, vol. 39, no. 10, pp. 1181–1186, 2007.
- S. Purcell, B. Neale, K. Todd-Brown et al., “PLINK: a tool set for whole-genome association and population-based linkage analyses,” American Journal of Human Genetics, vol. 81, no. 3, pp. 559–575, 2007.
- P. H. Kuo, J. R. Liu, M. K. Lu, R. B. Lu, and H. Hung, “A genome-wide association study of bipolar disorder using DNA pooling,” Asian Journal of Psychiatry, vol. 4, Supplement 1, p. S38, 2011.
- J. C. Barrett, B. Fry, J. Maller, and M. J. Daly, “Haploview: analysis and visualization of LD and haplotype maps,” Bioinformatics, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 263–265, 2005.