- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 890170, 5 pages
The Analysis of the Artifacts due to the Simultaneous Use of Two Ultrasound Probes with Different/Similar Operating Frequencies
1Sir Syed University of Engineering & Technology, Karachi, Pakistan
2Mehran University of Engineering & Technology, Jamshoro, Pakistan
3Iqra University, Karachi, Pakistan
4Institute of Ultrasound Imaging, P.O. Box 75300, Karachi, Pakistan
Received 6 November 2012; Accepted 9 March 2013
Academic Editor: Anke Meyer-Baese
Copyright © 2013 Samreen Amir et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. D. Sites, R. Brull, V. W. S. Chan et al., “Artifacts and pitfall errors associated with ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia. Part II: a pictorial approach to understanding and avoidance,” Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 419–433, 2007.
- A. K. Hamou and M. R. El-Sakka, “A novel segmentation technique for carotid ultrasound images,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP '04), vol. 3, pp. III521–III524, May 2004.
- S. H. Contreras Ortiza, T. Chiua, and M. D. Foxa, “Ultrasound image enhancement: a review,” Biomedical Signal Processing and Control, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 419–428, 2012.
- Y. Zhang, Y. Gao, L. Wang, J. Chen, and X. Shi, “The removal of wall components in doppler ultrasound signals by using the empirical mode decomposition algorithm,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 54, no. 9, pp. 1631–1642, 2007.
- Y. Xia, W. Lin, and Y. X. Qin, “Bone surface topology mapping and its role in trabecular bone quality assessment using scanning confocal ultrasound,” Osteoporosis International, vol. 18, no. 7, pp. 905–913, 2007.
- S. McDonald, M. Fredericson, E. Y. Roh, and M. Smuck, “Basic appearance of ultrasound structures and pitfalls,” Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Clinics of North America, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 461–479, 2010.
- F. Marinozzi, F. Bini, A. D'Orazio, and A. Scorza, “Performance tests of sonographic instruments for the measure of flow speed,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Workshop on Imaging Systems and Techniques (IST '08), pp. 50–55, September 2008.
- M. Fatemi, P. L. Ogburn Jr., and J. F. Greenleaf, “Fetal stimulation by pulsed diagnostic ultrasound,” Journal of Ultrasound in Medcine, vol. 20, pp. 883–889, 2001.
- J. Huang, J. K. Triedman, N. V. Vasilyev, Y. Suematsu, R. O. Cleveland, and P. E. Dupont, “Imaging artifacts of medical instruments in ultrasound-guided interventions,” Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine, vol. 26, no. 10, pp. 1303–1322, 2007.
- Berthold Block, The Practice of Ultrasound: A Step By Step Guide To Abdominal Scanning, Thieme New York, New York, NY, USA, 2004.