- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Cardiovascular Psychiatry and Neurology
Volume 2009 (2009), Article ID 453786, 3 pages
Depression with Panic Episodes and Coronary Vasospasm
1Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, 840 South Wood Street, MC 715, Suite 935, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
2Heart and Mind Clinic, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
3Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Received 18 March 2009; Accepted 9 May 2009
Academic Editor: Ilan S. Wittstein
Copyright © 2009 Mladen I. Vidovich et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. Katon, M. L. Hall, J. Russo, et al., “Chest pain: relationship of psychiatric illness to coronary arteriographic results,” The American Journal of Medicine, vol. 84, no. 1, pp. 1–9, 1988.
- M. Prinzmetal, R. Kennamer, R. Merliss, T. Wada, and N. Bor, “Angina pectoris. I. A variant form of angina pectoris; preliminary report,” The American Journal of Medicine, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 375–388, 1959.
- D. A. Katerndahl, “Chest pain and its importance in patients with panic disorder: an updated literature review,” The Primary Care Companion to the Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 376–383, 2008.
- K. Wang, R. W. Asinger, and H. J. Marriott, “ST-segment elevation in conditions other than acute myocardial infarction,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 349, no. 22, pp. 2128–2135, 2003.
- P. K. Mishra, “Variations in presentation and various options in management of variant angina,” European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery, vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 748–759, 2006.
- B. D. Beitman, V. Mukerji, J. L. Russell, and M. Grafting, “Panic disorder in cardiology patients: a review of the Missouri Panic/Cardiology Project,” Journal of Psychiatric Research, vol. 27, pp. 35–46, 1993.
- G. J. Magarian and D. J. Mazur, “The hyperventilation challenge test: another means of identifying coronary vasospasm in patients with angina-like chest pain,” Chest, vol. 99, no. 1, pp. 199–204, 1991.
- V. M. Mansour, D. J. C. Wilkinson, G. L. Jennings, R. G. Schwarz, J. M. Thompson, and M. D. Esler, “Panic disorder: coronary spasm as a basis for cardiac risk?,” The Medical Journal of Australia, vol. 168, no. 8, pp. 390–392, 1998.
- I. S. Wittstein, “Acute stress cardiomyopathy,” Current Heart Failure Reports, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 61–68, 2008.
- L. de Graaf and W. L. Diemont, “Chest pain during use of bupropion as an aid in smoking cessation,” British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 451–452, 2003.
- K. J. Pederson, D. H. Kuntz, and G. J. Garbe, “Acute myocardial ischemia associated with ingestion of bupropion and pseudoephedrine in a 21-year-old man,” Canadian Journal of Cardiology, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 599–601, 2001.
- A. K. George, A. R. Kunwar, and A. Awasthi, “Acute myocardial infarction in a young male on methylphenidate, bupropion, and erythromycin,” Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychopharmacology, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 693–695, 2005.
- B. Cremers, K. I. Schmidt, C. Maack, H.-J. Schäfers, and M. Böhm, “Catecholamine release in human heart by bupropion,” European Journal of Pharmacology, vol. 467, no. 1–3, pp. 169–171, 2003.
- M. Bory, F. Pierron, D. Panagides, J. L. Bonnet, S. Yvorra, and L. Desfossez, “Coronary artery spasm in patients with normal or near normal coronary arteries. Long-term follow-up of 277 patients,” European Heart Journal, vol. 17, no. 7, pp. 1015–1021, 1996.