- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Cardiovascular Psychiatry and Neurology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 431470, 2 pages
Blood-Brain Barrier Breakdown and Blood-Brain Communication in Neurological and Psychiatric Diseases
1Department of Physiology and Biomedical Engineering, Faculty of Health Sciences and Zlotowski Center for Neuroscience, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Beer-Sheva 84105, Israel
2Department of Integrative Biology and Helen Wills Neuroscience Institute, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720-3140, USA
Received 26 April 2011; Accepted 26 April 2011
Copyright © 2011 Alon Friedman and Daniela Kaufer. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [4 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Stefanie Dedeurwaerdere, Alon Friedman, Paolo F. Fabene, Andrey Mazarati, Yoshiya L. Murashima, Annamaria Vezzani, and Tallie Z. Baram, “Finding a better drug for epilepsy: Antiinflammatory targets,” Epilepsia, vol. 53, no. 7, pp. 1113–1118, 2012.
- Sonoko Danjo, Yasuhiro Ishihara, Masatomo Watanabe, Yu Nakamura, and Kouichi Itoh, “Pentylentetrazole-induced Loss of Blood-brain Barrier Integrity Involves Excess Nitric Oxide Generation by Neuronal Nitric Oxide Synthase,” Brain Research, 2013.
- Souhel Najjar, Daniel M. Pearlman, Orrin Devinsky, Amanda Najjar, and David Zagzag, “Neurovascular unit dysfunction with blood-brain barrier hyperpermeability contributes to major depressive disorder: a review of clinical and experimental evidence,” Journal of Neuroinflammation, vol. 10, 2013.
- Souhel Najjar, Tracy Butler, David Zagzag, Daniel Pearlman, Orrin Devinsky, Amanda Najjar, and Siddhartha Nadkarni, “Neuropsychiatric Autoimmune Encephalitis without VGKC-Complex, NMDAR, and GAD Autoantibodies: Case Report and Literature Review,” Cognitive And Behavioral Neurology, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 36–49, 2013.