- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Cardiovascular Psychiatry and Neurology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 429108, 4 pages
Stroke and Disorders of Consciousness
1Department of Neurology, University Clinical Centre Tuzla, 75000 Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina
2Department of Anaesthesiology and Reanimatology, School of Medicine, University of Tuzla, 75000 Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Received 29 May 2012; Revised 31 July 2012; Accepted 3 August 2012
Academic Editor: Christian Humpel
Copyright © 2012 Zikrija Dostović et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. F. M. Wijdicks and R. E. Cranford, “Clinical diagnosis of prolonged states of impaired consciousness in adults,” Mayo Clinic Proceedings, vol. 80, no. 8, pp. 1037–1046, 2005.
- J. Mcmanus, R. Pathansali, R. Stewart, A. Macdonald, and S. Jackson, “Delirium post-stroke,” Age and Ageing, vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 613–618, 2007.
- G. Teasdale and B. Jennett, “Assessment of coma and impaired consciousness. A practical scale,” The Lancet, vol. 2, no. 7872, pp. 81–84, 1974.
- Anonymous, Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, American Psychiatric Association, Washington, DC, USA, 4th edition, 2000.
- P. D. Lyden, M. Lu, S. R. Levine, T. G. Brott, and J. Broderick, “A modified national institutes of health stroke scale for use in stroke clinical trials preliminary reliability and validity,” Stroke, vol. 32, no. 6, pp. 1310–1316, 2001.
- C. Bassetti, “Disturbances of consciousness and sleep-wake functions,” in Stroke Syndromes, Chapter 14, J. Bogousslavsky and L. R. Caplan, Eds., pp. 192–210, Cambridge University Press, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 2001.
- C. J. Weir, A. P. J. Bradford, and K. R. Lees, “The prognostic value of the components of the Glasgow Coma Scale following acute stroke,” Monthly Journal of the Association of Physicians, vol. 96, no. 1, pp. 67–74, 2003.
- C. D. Bushnell, B. G. Phillips-Bute, D. T. Laskowitz, J. R. Lynch, V. Chilukuri, and C. O. Borel, “Survival and outcome after endotracheal intubation for acute stroke,” Neurology, vol. 52, no. 7, pp. 1374–1381, 1999.
- Y. Gustafson, T. Olsson, S. Erikkson, K. Asplund, and G. Bucht, “Acute confusional states (delirium) in stroke patients,” Cerebrovascular Diseases, vol. 1, no. 5, pp. 257–264, 1991.
- H. Hénon, F. Lebert, I. Durieu et al., “Confusional state in stroke: relation to preexisting dementia, patient characteristics, and outcome,” Stroke, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 773–779, 1999.
- Z. Dostović, D. Smajlović, O. Sinanović, and M. Vidović, “Duration of delirium in the acute stage of stroke,” Acta clinica Croatica, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 13–17, 2009.