- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Cardiovascular Psychiatry and Neurology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 843876, 8 pages
The Clinical Features and Emotional Stressors in Korean Patients with Tako-Tsubo Cardiomyopathy
Division of Cardiology, Cardiac and Vascular Center, Department of Medicine, Samsung Changwon Hospital and Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Changwon 630-522, Republic of Korea
Received 11 July 2012; Revised 6 August 2012; Accepted 7 August 2012
Academic Editor: Richard C. Veith
Copyright © 2012 Bong Gun Song et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Kurisu, H. Sato, T. Kawagoe et al., “Tako-tsubo - like left ventricular dysfunction with ST-segment elevation: a novel cardiac syndrome mimicking acute myocardial infarction,” American Heart Journal, vol. 143, no. 3, pp. 448–455, 2002.
- M. Gianni, F. Dentali, A. M. Grandi, G. Sumner, R. Hiralal, and E. Lonn, “Apical ballooning syndrome or takotsubo cardiomyopathy: a systematic review,” European Heart Journal, vol. 27, no. 13, pp. 1523–1529, 2006.
- T. M. Pilgrim and T. R. Wyss, “Takotsubo cardiomyopathy or transient left ventricular apical ballooning syndrome: a systematic review,” International Journal of Cardiology, vol. 124, no. 3, pp. 283–292, 2008.
- A. Prasad, A. Lerman, and C. S. Rihal, “Apical ballooning syndrome (Tako-Tsubo or stress cardiomyopathy): a mimic of acute myocardial infarction,” American Heart Journal, vol. 155, no. 3, pp. 408–417, 2008.
- S. W. Sharkey, D. C. Windenburg, J. R. Lesser et al., “Natural history and expansive clinical profile of stress (Tako-Tsubo) cardiomyopathy,” Journal of the American College of Cardiology, vol. 55, no. 4, pp. 333–341, 2010.
- Y. P. Lee, K. K. Poh, C. H. Lee et al., “Diverse clinical spectrum of stress-induced cardiomyopathy,” International Journal of Cardiology, vol. 133, no. 2, pp. 272–275, 2009.
- N. K. Singh, S. Rumman, F. L. Mikell, N. Nallamothu, and C. Rangaswamy, “Stress cardiomyopathy: clinical and ventriculographic characteristics in 107 North American subjects,” International Journal of Cardiology, vol. 141, no. 3, pp. 297–303, 2010.
- V. Vidi, V. Rajesh, P. P. Singh et al., “Clinical characteristics of Tako-Tsubo cardiomyopathy,” American Journal of Cardiology, vol. 104, no. 4, pp. 578–582, 2009.
- Y. Yaqub, L. A. Jenkins, J. Suarez et al., “Emotional stress and Tako-Tsubo cardiomyopathy: observations on 2 distinct clinical phenotypes,” Journal of Investigative Medicine, vol. 58, no. 2, pp. 298–302, 2010.
- B. G. Song, J. Y. Hahn, S. J. Cho et al., “Clinical characteristics, ballooning pattern, and long-term prognosis of transient left ventricular ballooning syndrome,” Heart and Lung, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 188–195, 2010.
- V. Menon, H. White, T. LeJemtel, J. G. Webb, L. A. Sleeper, and J. S. Hochman, “The clinical profile of patients with suspected cardiogenic shock due to predominant left ventricular failure: a report from the SHOCK Trial Registry,” Journal of the American College of Cardiology, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 1071–1076, 2000.
- R. M. Lang, M. Bierig, R. B. Devereux et al., “Recommendations for chamber quantification: a report from the American Society of Echocardiography's guidelines and standards committee and the Chamber Quantification Writing Group, developed in conjunction with the European Association of Echocardiography, a branch of the European Society of Cardiology,” Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography, vol. 18, no. 12, pp. 1440–1463, 2005.
- W. A. Zoghbi, M. Enriquez-Sarano, E. Foster et al., “Recommendations for evaluation of the severity of native valvular regurgitation with two-dimensional and doppler echocardiography,” Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography, vol. 16, no. 7, pp. 777–802, 2003.
- B. G. Song, S. J. Park, H. J. Noh et al., “Clinical characteristics, and laboratory and echocardiographic findings in takotsubo cardiomyopathy presenting as cardiogenic shock,” Journal of Critical Care, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 329–335, 2010.
- I. S. Wittstein, D. R. Thiemann, J. A. C. Lima et al., “Neurohumoral features of myocardial stunning due to sudden emotional stress,” New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 352, no. 6, pp. 539–548, 2005.
- K. Sadamatsu, H. Tashiro, N. Maehira, and K. Yamamoto, “Coronary microvascular abnormality in the reversible systolic dysfunction observed after noncardiac disease,” Japanese Circulation Journal, vol. 64, no. 10, pp. 789–792, 2000.
- E. R. Behr and S. Mahida, “Takotsubo cardiomyopathy and the long-QT syndrome: an insult to repolarization reserve,” Europace, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 697–700, 2009.
- P. S. Seth, G. P. Aurigemma, J. M. Krasnow, D. A. Tighe, W. J. Untereker, and T. E. Meyer, “A syndrome of transient left ventricular apical wall motion abnormality in the absence of coronary disease: a perspective from the United States,” Cardiology, vol. 100, no. 2, pp. 61–66, 2003.
- Y. Abe, M. Kondo, R. Matsuoka, M. Araki, K. Dohyama, and H. Tanio, “Assessment of clinical features in transient left ventricular apical ballooning,” Journal of the American College of Cardiology, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 737–742, 2003.
- H. Furushima, M. Chinushi, A. Sanada, and Y. Aizawa, “Ventricular repolarization gradients in a patient with takotsubo cardiomyopathy,” Europace, vol. 10, no. 9, pp. 1112–1115, 2008.
- Y. J. Akashi, G. Barbaro, T. Sakurai, K. Nakazawa, and F. Miyake, “Cardiac autonomic imbalance in patients with reversible ventricular dysfunction takotsubo cardiomyopathy,” QJM, vol. 100, no. 6, pp. 335–343, 2007.
- G. Cocco and D. Chu, “Stress-induced cardiomyopathy: a review,” European Journal of Internal Medicine, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 369–379, 2007.
- J. Lindsay, A. Paixao, T. Chao, and A. D. Pichard, “Pathogenesis of the takotsubo syndrome: a unifying hypothesis,” American Journal of Cardiology, vol. 106, no. 9, pp. 1360–1363, 2010.
- I. Pernicova, S. Garg, C. V. Bourantas, F. Alamgir, and A. Hoye, “Takotsubo cardiomyopathy: a review of the literature,” Angiology, vol. 61, no. 2, pp. 166–173, 2010.
- C. Burgdorf, H. M. Nef, D. Haghi, V. Kurowski, and P. W. Radke, “Tako-tsubo (stress-induced) cardiomyopathy and cancer,” Annals of Internal Medicine, vol. 152, no. 12, pp. 830–831, 2010.
- C. Burgdorf, V. Kurowski, H. Bonnemeier, H. Schunkert, and P. W. Radke, “Long-term prognosis of the transient left ventricular dysfunction syndrome (Tako-Tsubo cardiomyopathy): focus on malignancies,” European Journal of Heart Failure, vol. 10, no. 10, pp. 1015–1019, 2008.