- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Cardiovascular Psychiatry and Neurology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 695925, 14 pages
Depression and Cardiac Disease: Epidemiology, Mechanisms, and Diagnosis
1Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
2Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital, Blake 11, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
3Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Received 29 January 2013; Accepted 18 March 2013
Academic Editor: Kenji Hashimoto
Copyright © 2013 Jeff C. Huffman et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [11 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Raeanne C. Moore, Elizabeth A. Chattillion, Jennifer Ceglowski, Jennifer Ho, Roland von Känel, Paul J. Mills, Michael G. Ziegler, Thomas L. Patterson, Igor Grant, and Brent T. Mausbach, “A Randomized Clinical Trial of Behavioral Activation (BA) Therapy for Improving Psychological and Physical Health in Dementia Caregivers: Results of the Pleasant Events Program (PEP),” Behaviour Research and Therapy, 2013.
- Alexandra L. Terrill, Jill M. Gjerde, and John P. Garofalo, “Background Stress Inventory: Developing a Measure of Understudied Stress,” Stress and Health, 2013.
- A. Goodhart, “The relationship between heart and 'inner self' from Aristotle to current clinical practice,” Medical Humanities, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 61–66, 2013.
- Caleb M. Adler, and Melissa P. DelBello, “Is Depression Simply a Nonspecific Response to Brain Injury?,” Current Psychiatry Reports, vol. 15, no. 9, 2013.
- K. J. Serodio, C. I. Ardern, M. A. Rotondi, and J. L. Kuk, “Tricyclic and SSRI usage influences the association between BMI and health risk factors,” Clinical Obesity, 2014.
- Tam Truong Donnelly, Jassim Mohd Al Suwaidi, Awad Al-Qahtani, Nidal Asaad, Najlaa Abdul Qader, Rajvir Singh, Tak Shing Fung, Irem Mueed, Shima Sharara, Noha El Banna, and Sarah Omar, “Depression in Cardiovascular Patients in Middle Eastern Populations: A Literature Review,” Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health, 2014.
- Peter Johansson, Erland Svensson, Urban Alehagen, Ulf Dahlström, Tiny Jaarsma, and Anders Broström, “Sleep disordered breathing, hypoxia and inflammation: associations with sickness behaviour in community dwelling elderly with and without cardiovascular disease,” Sleep and Breathing, 2014.
- Ines Diminic-Lisica, Branislava Popovic, Jelena Rebic, Miro Klaric, and Tanja Franciškovic, “Outcome of Treatment with Antidepressants in Patients with Hypertension and Undetected Depression,” The International Journal of Psychiatry in Medicine, vol. 47, no. 2, pp. 115–129, 2014.
- Szabolcs Kéri, Csilla Szabó, and Oguz Kelemen, “Expression of Toll-Like Receptors in peripheral blood mononuclear cells and response to cognitive-behavioral therapy in major depressive disorder,” Brain, Behavior, and Immunity, 2014.
- Seyedeh Samaneh Esteghamat, Sanaz Moghaddami, Seyedeh Sana Esteghamat, Hadi Kazemi, Peir Hossein Kolivand, and Ali Gorji, “The course of anxiety and depression in surgical and non-surgical patients,” International Journal of Psychiatry in Clinical Practice, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 16–20, 2014.
- Lauren D. Garfield, Jeffrey F. Scherrer, Paul J. Hauptman, Kenneth E. Freedland, Tim Chrusciel, Sumitra Balasubramanian, Robert M. Carney, John W. Newcomer, Richard Owen, Kathleen K. Bucholz, and Patrick J. Lustman, “Association of Anxiety Disorders and Depression With Incident Heart Failure,” Psychosomatic Medicine, vol. 76, no. 2, pp. 128–136, 2014.