- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Anesthesiology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 109346, 3 pages
Administration of Anesthesia in a Patient with Allgrove Syndrome
Anaesthesiology and Reanimation Department, Faculty of Medicine, Firat University, 23119 Elazig, Turkey
Received 1 December 2011; Accepted 30 January 2012
Academic Editors: U. Buyukkocak and D. A. Story
Copyright © 2012 Ayse B. Ozer et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Allgrove, G. S. Clayden, D. B. Grant, and J. C. Macaulay, “Familial glucocorticoid deficiency with achalasia of the cardia and deficient tear production,” The Lancet, vol. 1, no. 8077, pp. 1284–1286, 1978.
- M. Gazarian, C. T. Cowell, M. Bonney, and W. G. Grigor, “The “4A” syndrome: adrenocortical insufficiency associated with achalasia, alacrima, autonomic and other neurological abnormalities,” European Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 154, no. 1, pp. 18–23, 1995.
- A. Weber, T. Wienker, M. Jung et al., “Linkage of the gene for the triple A syndrome to chromosome 12q13 near the type II keratin gene cluster,” Human Molecular Genetics, vol. 5, no. 12, pp. 2061–2066, 1996.
- M. Salehi, H. Houlden, A. Sheikh, and L. Poretsky, “The diagnosis of adrenal insufficiency in a patient with Allgrove syndrome and a novel mutation in the ALADIN gene,” Metabolism, vol. 54, no. 2, pp. 200–205, 2005.
- P. A. Kasar, V. V. Khadilkar, and V. N. Tibrewala, “Allgrove syndrome,” Indian Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 74, no. 10, pp. 959–961, 2007.
- E. A. Ismail, A. Tulliot-Pelet, A. M. Mohsen, and Q. Al-Saleh, “Allgrove syndrome with features of familial dysautonomia: a novel mutation in the AAAS gene,” Acta Paediatrica, International Journal of Paediatrics, vol. 95, no. 9, pp. 1140–1143, 2006.
- K. Babu, K. R. Murthy, N. Babu, and S. Ramesh, “Triple A syndrome with ophthalmic manifestations in two siblings,” Indian Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 55, no. 4, pp. 304–306, 2007.
- A. Shah and A. Shah, “Esophageal achalasia and alacrima in siblings,” Indian Pediatrics, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 161–163, 2006.
- C. Villanueva-Mendoza, O. Martínez-Guzmán, D. Rivera-Parra, and J. C. Zenteno, “Triple A or Allgrove syndrome. A case report with ophthalmic abnormalities and a novel mutation in the AAAS gene,” Ophthalmic Genetics, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 45–49, 2009.
- D. B. Grant, N. D. Barnes, M. Dumic et al., “Neurological and adrenal dysfunction in the adrenal insufficiency/alacrima/achalasia (3A) syndrome,” Archives of Disease in Childhood, vol. 68, no. 6, pp. 779–782, 1993.
- M. F. Roizen and L. A. Fleisher, “Anesthetic implications of concurrent diseases,” in Miller’s Anesthesia, R. D. Miller, Ed., pp. 1017–1051, Elsevier, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 5th edition, 2005.
- S. K. Fernbach and A. K. Poznanski, “Pediatric case of the day. Triple A syndrome: achalasia, alacrima and ACTH insensitivity,” Radiographics, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 563–564, 1989.
- M. Etemadyfar and R. Khodabandehlou, “Neurological manifestations of Allgrove syndrome,” Archives of Iranian Medicine, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 225–227, 2004.
- D. Bishop, “Autonomic neuropathy in anaesthesia,” University of Kwazulu-Natal, Department of Anaesthetics, 2009, http://anaesthetics.ukzn.ac.za/Libraries/FMM_R_B_2009/Autonomic_Neuropathy_in_Anaesthesia_Dr_D_Bishop.sflb.ashx.
- H. A. Ali, G. Murali, and B. Mukhtar, “Respiratory failure due to achalasia cardia,” Respiratory Medicine CME, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 40–43, 2009.
- S. Teramoto, H. Yamamoto, Y. Yamaguchi et al., “Diffuse aspiration bronchiolitis due to achalasia,” Chest, vol. 125, no. 1, pp. 349–350, 2004.
- R. K. Stoelting and R. D. Miller, Basics of Anesthesia, Churchill-Livingstone, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 2007.