- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Anesthesiology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 186104, 2 pages
The Risk of Regurgitation and Pulmonary Aspiration in a Patient after Gastric Banding
Department of Anesthesia ICU, Pain Management and Palliative Care, Hamad Medical Corporation, 3050 Doha, Qatar
Received 18 December 2011; Accepted 12 February 2012
Academic Editors: I.-O. Lee and A. Trikha
Copyright © 2012 Abdulvahab Thekkethodika. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. W. Haslam and W. P. T. James, “Obesity,” The Lancet, vol. 366, no. 9492, pp. 1197–1209, 2005.
- H. G. Weiss, H. Nehoda, B. Labeck et al., “Treatment of morbid obesity with laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding affects esophageal motility,” American Journal of Surgery, vol. 180, no. 6, pp. 479–482, 2000.
- H. G. Weiss, H. Nehoda, B. Labeck et al., “Adjustable gastric and esophagogastric banding: a randomized clinical trial,” Obesity Surgery, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 573–578, 2002.
- M. Korenkov, L. Köhler, N. Yücel et al., “Esophageal motility and reflux symptoms before and after bariatric surgery,” Obesity Surgery, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 72–76, 2002.
- R. Kocian and D. R. Spahn, “Bronchial aspiration in patients after weight loss due to gastric banding,” Anesthesia and Analgesia, vol. 100, no. 6, pp. 1856–1857, 2005.
- J. Jean, V. Compère, V. Fourdrinier et al., “The risk of pulmonary aspiration in patients after weight loss due to bariatric surgery,” Anesthesia and Analgesia, vol. 107, no. 4, pp. 1257–1259, 2008.