- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Anesthesiology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 592198, 3 pages
Impossible Airway Requiring Venovenous Bypass for Tracheostomy
Department of Anesthesiology, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, New York City, NY 10467, USA
Received 26 June 2012; Accepted 29 July 2012
Academic Editors: J. J. Derose, M. Kodaka, and M. Marandola
Copyright © 2012 Johnathan Gardes and Tracey Straker. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- American Society of Anesthesiologists Task Force on Management of the Difficult Airway, “Practice guidelines for management of the difficult airway: an updated report by the American Society of Anesthesiologists task force on management of the difficult airway,” Anesthesiology, vol. 98, no. 5, pp. 1269–1277, 2003.
- J. Raake, B. Johnson, B. Seger, et al., “Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation, extubation, and lung-recruitment maneuvers as rescue therapy in a patient with tracheal dehiscence following slide tracheoplasty,” Respiratory care, vol. 56, no. 8, pp. 1198–1202, 2011.
- C. SenDasgupta, G. Sengupta, K. Ghosh, A. Munshi, and A. Goswami, “Femoro-femoral cardiopulmonary bypass for the resection of an anterior mediastinal mass,” Indian Journal of Anaesthesia, vol. 54, no. 6, pp. 565–568, 2010.
- P. Rosa, E. A. Johnson, and P. J. Barcia, “The impossible airway: a plan,” Chest, vol. 109, no. 6, pp. 1649–1650, 1996.
- H.-K. Jeon, Y. K. So, J. H. Yang, and H. S. Jeong, “Extracorporeal oxygenation support for curative surgery in a patient with papillary thyroid carcinoma invading the trachea,” Journal of Laryngology and Otology, vol. 123, no. 7, pp. 807–810, 2009.
- T. Shiraishi, J. Yanagisawa, T. Higuchi et al., “Tracheal resection for malignant and benign diseases: surgical results and perioperative considerations,” Surgery Today, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 490–495, 2011.
- M. J. Belmont, M. K. Wax, and F. N. DeSouza, “The difficult airway: cardiopulmonary bypass—the ultimate solution,” Head and Neck, vol. 20, pp. 266–269, 1998.