- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Anesthesiology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 732584, 3 pages
Unilateral Hemiparesis with Thoracic Epidural in an Adolescent
1Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine, Children's Hospital Boston, Boston, MA 02115, USA
2Division of Pediatric Anesthesiology, Department of Anesthesiology, University of Illinois Medical Center, 1740 West Taylor Street, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Received 6 December 2011; Accepted 18 January 2012
Academic Editors: I.-O. Lee, P. Michalek, and S. Ogawa
Copyright © 2012 Rosalie F. Tassone et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. C. Finkel, “The epidural dorsomedian septum as a possible cause for unilateral anaesthesia in an infant,” Paediatric Anaesthesia, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 456–459, 1999.
- W. Luyendijk, “The plica mediana dorsalis of the dura mater and its relation to lumbar peridurography (canalography),” Neuroradiology, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 147–149, 1976.
- F. Asato and F. Goto, “Radiographic findings of unilateral epidural block,” Anesthesia and Analgesia, vol. 83, no. 3, pp. 519–522, 1996.
- F. Asato, N. Hirakawa, M. Oda et al., “A median epidural septum is not a common cause of unilateral epidural blockade,” Anesthesia and Analgesia, vol. 71, no. 4, pp. 427–429, 1990.
- Q. Hogan, “Epidural catheter tip position and distribution of injectate evaluated by computed tomography,” Anesthesiology, vol. 90, no. 4, pp. 964–970, 1999.
- D. Portnoy and R. B. Vadhera, “Mechanisms and management of an incomplete epidural block for cesarean section,” Anesthesiology Clinics of North America, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 39–57, 2003.
- T. Fukushige, T. Kano, and T. Sano, “Radiographic investigation of unilateral epidural block after single injection,” Anesthesiology, vol. 87, no. 6, pp. 1574–1575, 1997.
- A. P. Boezaart, “Computerized axial tomo-epidurographic and radiographic documentation of unilateral epidural analgesia,” Canadian Journal of Anaesthesia, vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 697–700, 1989.
- R. Blomberg, “The dorsomedian connective tissue band in the lumbar epidural space of humans: An anatomical study using epiduroscopy in autopsy cases,” Anesthesia and Analgesia, vol. 65, no. 7, pp. 747–752, 1986.
- E. R. Savolaine, J. B. Pandya, S. H. Greenblatt, and S. R. Conover, “Anatomy of the human lumbar epidural space: new insights using CT-epidurography,” Anesthesiology, vol. 68, no. 2, pp. 217–220, 1988.
- A. J. Haughton and G. A. Chalkiadis, “Unintentional paediatric subdural catheter with oculomotor and abducens nerve palsies,” Paediatric Anaesthesia, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 543–548, 1999.
- R. A. Stevens and M. D. Stanton-Hicks, “Subdural injection of local anesthetic: a complication of epidural anesthesia,” Anesthesiology, vol. 63, no. 3, pp. 323–326, 1985.
- D. Berkowitz, R. D. Kaye, S. D. Markowitz, and S. D. Cook-Sather, “Inadvertent extra-epidural catheter placement in an infant,” Anesthesia and Analgesia, vol. 100, no. 2, pp. 365–366, 2005.
- M. Cousins and B. Veering, “Epidural neural blockade,” in Neural Blockage in Clinical Anesthesia and Management of Pain, M. Cousins and L. D. Bridenbaugh, Eds., pp. 243–247, Lippincott-Raven, New York, NY, USA, 3rd edition, 1998.