- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Anesthesiology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 745939, 5 pages
Anesthesia and Intensive Care Management in a Pregnant Woman with PRES: A Case Report
1Department of Anaesthesiology and Reanimation, Faculty of Medicine, Firat University, 23119 Elazig, Turkey
2Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Firat University, 2311 Elazig, Turkey
Received 28 March 2012; Accepted 21 June 2012
Academic Editors: D. A. Story and E. A. Vandermeersch
Copyright © 2012 Ismail Demirel et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. Kinoshita, T. Moritani, D. A. Shrier et al., “Diffusion-weighted MR imaging of posterior reversible leukoencephalopathy syndrome: a pictorial essay,” Clinical Imaging, vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 307–315, 2003.
- L. M. Brubaker, J. K. Smith, Y. Z. Lee, W. Lin, and M. Castillo, “Hemodynamic and permeability changes in posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome measured by dynamic susceptibility perfusion-weighted MR imaging,” American Journal of Neuroradiology, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 825–830, 2005.
- P. Mukherjee and R. C. McKinstry, “Reversible posterior leukoencephalopathy syndrome: evaluation with diffusion-tensor MR imaging,” Radiology, vol. 219, no. 3, pp. 756–765, 2001.
- W. S. Bartynski, “Posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome, Part 2: controversies surrounding pathophysiology of vasogenic edema,” American Journal of Neuroradiology, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 1043–1049, 2008.
- G. A. Dekker and B. M. Sibai, “Etiology and pathogenesis of preeclampsia: current concepts,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 179, no. 5, pp. 1359–1375, 1998.
- K. J. Ahn, W. J. You, S. L. Jeong et al., “Atypical manifestations of reversible posterior leukoencephalopathy syndrome: findings on diffusion imaging and ADC mapping,” Neuroradiology, vol. 46, no. 12, pp. 978–983, 2004.
- H. Kitaguchi, H. Tomimoto, Y. Miki et al., “A brainstem variant of reversible posterior leukoencephalopathy syndrome,” Neuroradiology, vol. 47, no. 9, pp. 652–656, 2005.
- J. M. Sweany, W. S. Bartynski, and J. F. Boardman, “‘Recurrent’ posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome: report of 3 cases–PRES can strike twice!,” Journal of Computer Assisted Tomography, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 148–156, 2007.
- A. M. McKinney, J. Short, C. L. Truwit et al., “Posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome: incidence of atypical regions of involvement and imaging findings,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 189, no. 4, pp. 904–912, 2007.
- T. Uwatoko, K. Toyoda, Y. Hirai et al., “Reversible posterior leukoencephalopathy syndrome in a postpartum woman without eclampsia,” Internal Medicine, vol. 42, no. 11, pp. 1139–1143, 2003.
- W. S. Bartynski, J. F. Boardman, Z. R. Zeigler, R. K. Shadduck, and J. Lister, “Posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome in infection, sepsis, and shock,” American Journal of Neuroradiology, vol. 27, no. 10, pp. 2179–2190, 2006.
- S. C. Won, S. Y. Kwon, J. W. Han, S. Y. Choi, and C. J. Lyu, “Posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome in childhood with hematologic/oncologic diseases,” Journal of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, vol. 31, no. 7, pp. 505–508, 2009.
- W. S. Bartynski, “Posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome, Part 1: fundamental imaging and clinical features,” American Journal of Neuroradiology, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 1036–1042, 2008.
- H. M. Hefzy, W. S. Bartynski, J. F. Boardman, and D. Lacomis, “Hemorrhage in posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome: imaging and clinical features,” American Journal of Neuroradiology, vol. 30, no. 7, pp. 1371–1379, 2009.
- S. L. Sipes, C. P. Weiner, T. M. Gellhaus, and J. D. Goodspeed, “The plasma renin-angiotensin system in preeclampsia: effects of magnesium sulfate,” Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 73, no. 6, pp. 934–937, 1989.
- J. R. Kambam, S. Mouton, S. Entman, B. V. R. Sastry, and B. E. Smith, “Effect of pre-eclampsia on plasma cholinesterase activity,” Canadian Journal of Anaesthesia, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 509–511, 1987.
- M. D. Lindheimer and A. I. Katz, “Hypertension in pregnancy,” New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 313, no. 11, pp. 675–680, 1985.
- S. P Gatt, “Gestational proteinuric hypertension,” Current Opinion in Anaesthesiology, vol. 5, pp. 354–359, 1992.
- P. Striano, S. Striano, F. Tortora et al., “Clinical spectrum and critical care management of Posterior Reversible Encephalopathy Syndrome (PRES),” Medical Science Monitor, vol. 11, no. 11, pp. CR549–CR553, 2005.
- B. M. Sibai, “Diagnosis, prevention, and management of eclampsia,” Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 105, no. 2, pp. 402–410, 2005.
- B. Malbora, Z. Avci, F. Dönmez et al., “Posterior reversible leukoencephalopathy syndrome in children with hematologic disorders,” Turkish Journal of Hematology, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 168–176, 2010.