- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Anesthesiology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 841051, 3 pages
Submental Intubation Including Extubation: Airway Complications of Maxillomandibular Fixation
1Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Chitwan Medical College, P.O. Box 42, Bharatpur-10, Chitwan, Nepal
2Department of Anesthesiology, Chitwan Medical College, P.O. Box 42, Bharatpur-10, Chitwan, Nepal
Received 13 November 2012; Accepted 28 November 2012
Academic Editors: R. Riley and D. A. Story
Copyright © 2012 Santosh Kumar Yadav and Gopendra Deo. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Hernandez, “The submental route for endotracheal intubation,” Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 14, p. 645, 1986.
- C. Meyer, J. Valfrey, T. Kjartansdottir, A. Wilk, and P. Barrière, “Indication for and technical refinements of submental intubation in oral and maxillofacial surgery,” Journal of Cranio-Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 31, no. 6, pp. 383–388, 2003.
- A. F. Caubi, B. C. D. E. Vasconcelos, R. J. D. H. Vasconcellos, H. H. A. De Morais, and N. S. Rocha, “Submental intubation in oral maxillofacial surgery: review of the literature and analysis of 13 cases,” Medicina Oral, Patologia Oral y Cirugia Bucal, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 197–200, 2008.
- Z. Nyárády, F. Sári, L. Olasz, and J. Nyárády, “Submental endotracheal intubation in concurrent orthognathic surgery: a technical note,” Journal of Cranio-Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 362–365, 2006.
- C. Davis, “Submental intubation in complex craniomaxillofacial trauma,” ANZ Journal of Surgery, vol. 74, no. 5, pp. 379–381, 2004.
- E. MacInnis and M. Baig, “A modified submental approach for oral endotracheal intubation,” International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 344–346, 1999.
- F. Biglioli, P. Mortini, M. Goisis, A. Bardazzi, and N. Boari, “Submental orotracheal intubation: an alternative to tracheotomy in transfacial cranial base surgery,” Skull Base, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 189–195, 2003.
- M. Amin, P. Dill-Russell, M. Manisali, R. Lee, and I. Sinton, “Facial fractures and submental tracheal intubation,” Anaesthesia, vol. 57, no. 12, pp. 1195–1212, 2002.