- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Dentistry
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 328743, 5 pages
Calcifying Ghost Cell Odontogenic Cyst: Report of a Case and Review of Literature
1Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology, C. S. M. S. S. Dental College, Aurangabad, Maharashtra, India
2Department of Oral Pathology and Microbiology, Dr. D. Y. Patil Dental College and Hospital, Pimpri, Pune 18, Maharashtra 400 706, India
3Department of Oral Pathology and Microbiology, Nair Dental College and Hospital, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400 008, India
Received 22 May 2011; Accepted 19 June 2011
Academic Editors: J. H. Campbell and L. Junquera
Copyright © 2011 Archana Sonone et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. H. Erasmus, I. O. C. Thompson, L. J. Van Rensburg, and A. J. Van der Westhuijzen, “Central calcifying odontogenic cyst. A review of the literature and the role of advanced imaging techniques,” Dentomaxillofacial Radiology, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 30–35, 1998.
- W. G. Shafer, M. K. Hine, and B. M. Levy, A Textbook of Oral Pathology Cyst and Tumors of Odontogenic Origin, W. b. Saunders, Orlando, Fla, USA, 4th edition, 2001.
- M. Shear and P. Speight, “Calcifying odontogenic cyst (Calcifying cystic odontogenic tumors),” in Cyst of the Oral and Maxillofacial Region, pp. 100–107, Blackwell Munksgaard, New York, NY, USA, 4th edition, 2007.
- C. E. Tomich, “Calcifying odontogenic cyst and dentinogenic ghost cell tumor,” Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinics of North America, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 391–397, 2004.
- V. I. S Altini and A. G. Farman, “The calcifying odontogenic cyst. eight new cases and a review of the literature,” Oral Surgery Oral Medicine and Oral Pathology, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 751–759, 1975.
- R. A. Cawson, Essentials of Oral Pathology and Oral Medicine, W.B. Saunders, Orlando, Fla, USA, 6th edition, 1991.
- R. G. Gorlin, J. J Pindborg, F. P. Clausen, and R. A. Vickers, “The calcifying odonlogcnic cyst—a possible analogue of the cutaneous calcifying epithelioma of Malherbe: an analysis of fifteen cases,” Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, vol. 15, no. 10, pp. 1235–1243, 1962.
- S. Y. Chen and A. S. Miller, “Ultrastructure of the keratinizing and calcifying odontogenic cyst,” Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, vol. 39, no. 5, pp. 769–780, 1975.
- L. Gold, “The keratinizing and calcifying odontogenic cyst,” Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, vol. 16, no. 12, pp. 1414–1424, 1963.
- M. Shear, “Developmental odontogenic cysts-an update,” Journal of Oral Pathology and Medicine, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 1–11, 1994.
- S. Iida, Y. Fukuda, T. Ueda, T. Aikawa, J. E. Arizpe, and M. Okura, “Calcifying odontogenic cyst : radiological findings in 11 cases,” Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology, and Endodontology, vol. 101, no. 3, pp. 356–362, 2006.
- H. P. Philpsen and P. A. Reichart, Odontogenic Tumors and Allied Lesions, Quientessence Publishing, Hanover Park, Ill, USA, 1st edition, 2004.
- M. Toida, “So-called calcifying odontogenic cyst: review and discussion on the terminology and classification,” Journal of Oral Pathology and Medicine, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 49–52, 1998.
- S. P. Hong, G. L. Ellis, and K. S. Hartman, “Calcifying odontogenic cyst. A review of ninety-two cases with reevaluation of their nature as cysts or neoplasms, the nature of ghost cells, and subclassification,” Oral Surgery Oral Medicine and Oral Pathology, vol. 72, no. 1, pp. 56–64, 1991.
- R. E. Marx and D. Stern, “Odontogenic and nonodontogenic cysts,” in Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology: A Rationale for Diagnosis and Treatment, p. 607, Quientessence Publishing, Hanover Park, Ill, USA, 1st edition, 2003.
- M. Altini and A. G. Farman, “The calcifying odontogenic cyst: eight new cases and a review of the literature,” Oral Surgery Oral Medicine and Oral Pathology, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 751–759, 1975.
- F. Praetorius, E. Hjorting-Hansen, R. J. Gorlin, and R. A. Vickers, “Calcifying odontogenic cyst. Range, variations and neoplastic potential,” Acta Odontologica Scandinavica, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 227–240, 1981.
- B. W. Neville, D. D. Damm, C. M. Allen, and J. E. Bouquot, “Odontogenic cysts and tumors,” in Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, p. 590, W. B. Saunders, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 2nd edition, 2002.
- G. Kenzevic, K. Sokler, P. Kobler, and S. Manojlovic, “Calcifying odontogenic cyst—Gorlin's cyst—report of two cases coll,” Antropol, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 357–362, 2004.
- A. Buchner, “The central (intraosseous) calcifying odontogenic cyst: an analysis of 215 cases,” Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 330–339, 1991.
- V. E. Rushton and K. Horner, “Calcifying odontogenic cyst—a characteristic,” British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 196–198, 1997.