- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Dentistry
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 153503, 4 pages
Endodontic Treatment of Type II Dens Invaginatus in a Maxillary Lateral Incisor: A Case Report
Department of Endodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Kocaeli, 41190 Kocaeli, Turkey
Received 5 October 2012; Accepted 27 October 2012
Academic Editors: A. L. S. Guimaraes and M. A. Polack
Copyright © 2012 Dilek Helvacioglu-Yigit and Seda Aydemir. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. P. Reddy, K. Karpagavinayagam, and C. V. Subbarao, “Management of dens invaginatus diagnosed by spiral computed tomography: a case eport,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 34, no. 9, pp. 1138–1142, 2008.
- F. V. Vier-Pelisser, A. Pelisser, L. C. Recuero, M. V. So, M. G. Borba, and J. A. Figueiredo, “Use of cone beam computed tomography in the diagnosis, planning and follow up of a type III dens invaginatus case,” International endodontic journal, vol. 45, pp. 198–208, 2012.
- A. Alani and K. Bishop, “Dens invaginatus. Part 1: classification, prevalence and aetiology,” International Endodontic Journal, vol. 41, no. 12, pp. 1123–1136, 2008.
- C. C. Monteiro-Jardel and F. R. F. Alves, “Type III dens invaginatus in a mandibular incisor: a case report of a conventional endodontic treatment,” Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology and Endodontology, vol. 111, no. 4, pp. e29–e32, 2011.
- F. A. C. Oehlers, “Dens invaginatus (dilated composite odontome). I. Variations of the invagination process and associated anterior crown forms,” Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, vol. 10, no. 11, pp. 1204–1218, 1957.
- S. C. Yeh, Y. T. Lin, and S. Y. Lu, “Dens invaginatus in the maxillary lateral incisor,” Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology, and Endodontics, vol. 87, no. 5, pp. 628–631, 1999.
- B. Carvalho-Sousa, F. Almeida-Gomes, L. Gominho, and D. Albuquerque, “Endodontic treatment of a periradicular lesion on an invaginated type III mandibular lateral incisor,” Indian Journal of Dental Research, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 243–245, 2009.
- S. M. G. de Sousa and C. M. Bramante, “Dens invaginatus: treatment choices,” Endodontics and Dental Traumatology, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 152–158, 1998.
- M. Jung, “Endodontic treatment of dens invaginatus type III with three root canals and open apical foramen,” International Endodontic Journal, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 205–213, 2004.
- M. Hülsmann, “Dens invaginatus: aetiology, classification, prevalence, diagnosis, and treatment considerations,” International Endodontic Journal, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 79–90, 1997.
- K. Er, A. Kuştarci, Ü. Özan, and T. Taşdemir, “Nonsurgical endodontic treatment of dens invaginatus in a mandibular premolar with large periradicular lesion: a case report,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 322–324, 2007.
- P. Beltes, “Endodontic treatment in three cases of dens invaginatus,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 399–402, 1997.
- A. M. Chaniotis, G. N. Tzanetakis, E. G. Kontakiotis, and K. I. Tosios, “Combined endodontic and surgical management of a mandibular lateral incisor with a rare type of dens invaginatus,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 34, no. 10, pp. 1255–1260, 2008.
- T. Tsurumachi, “Endodontic treatment of an invaginated maxillary lateral incisor with a periradicular lesion and a healthy pulp,” International Endodontic Journal, vol. 37, no. 10, pp. 717–723, 2004.
- R. George, A. J. Moule, and L. J. Walsh, “A rare case of dens invaginatus in a mandibular canine,” Australian Endodontic Journal, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 83–86, 2010.