- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Dentistry
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 198032, 4 pages
Association of Mesiodentes and Dens Invaginatus in a Child: A Rare Entity
1Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology, Al-Ameen Dental College and Hospital, Athani Road, Karnataka, Bijapur 586108, India
2Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Al-Ameen Dental College and Hospital, Karnataka, Bijapur 586108, India
Received 2 September 2012; Accepted 15 October 2012
Academic Editors: Y.-K. Chen and Y. Nakagawa
Copyright © 2012 A. N. Sulabha and C. Sameer. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- V. Verma, A. Goel, and M. Sabir, “Supernumerary eumorphic mandibular incisor in association with aggressive periodontitis,” Journal of Indian Society of Periodontology, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 136–138, 2010.
- V. Khandelwal, A. V. Nayak, R. B. Navan, N. Ninawe, P. A. Nayak, and S. V. Saiprasad, “Prevalence of mesiodens among six to seventeen year old school going children of Indore,” Journal of Indian Society of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 288–293, 2011.
- G. Meighani and A. Pakdaman, “Diagnosis and management of supernumerary (mesiodens). A review of the literature,” Journal of Dentistry Tehran University of Medical Sciences, vol. 7, pp. 41–49, 2010.
- S. A. Sharma, “Mandibular midline supernumerary tooth: a case report,” Journal of the Indian Society of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 143–144, 2001.
- M. Hülsmann, “Dens invaginatus: aetiology, classification, prevalence, diagnosis, and treatment considerations,” International Endodontic Journal, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 79–90, 1997.
- A. Z. Zengin, A. P. Sumer, and P. Celenk, “Double dens invaginatus: report of three cases,” European Journal of Dentistry, vol. 3, pp. 67–70, 2009.
- M. Mupparapu and S. R. Singer, “A rare presentation of dens invaginatus in a mandibular lateral incisor occurring concurrently with bilateral maxillary dens invaginatus: case report and review of literature,” Australian Dental Journal, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 90–93, 2004.
- E. K. Sannomiya, J. I. Asaumi, K. Kishi, and G. S. Dalben, “Rare associations of dens invaginatus and mesiodens,” Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology and Endodontology, vol. 104, no. 2, pp. e41–e44, 2007.
- J. V Serrano, “Triple dens invaginatus in a mesiodens,” Oral Surgery Oral Medicine and Oral Pathology, vol. 71, no. 5, pp. 648–649, 1991.
- W. H. Archer and L. M. Silverman, “Double dens in dente in bilateral rudimentary supernumerary central incisors (mesiodens). Report of a case,” Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, vol. 3, no. 6, pp. 722–726, 1950.
- P. Srivatsan and N. Aravind, “Mesiodens with an unusual morphology and multiple impacted supernumerary teeth in a non-syndromic patient,” Indian Journal of Dental Research, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 138–140, 2007.
- S. Nuvvula, M. Kiranmayi, G. Shilpa, and S. V. S. G. Nirmala, “Hypohyperdontia: agenesis of three third molars and mandibular centrals associated with midline supernumerary tooth in midline,” Contemporary Clinical Dentistry, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 136–140, 2010.
- M. T. Garvey, H. J. Barry, and M. Blake, “Supernumerary teeth—an overview of classification, diagnosis and management,” Journal of the Canadian Dental Association, vol. 65, no. 11, pp. 612–616, 1999.
- A. Parolia, M. Kundabala, M. Dahal, M. Mohan, and M. S. Thomas, “Management of supernumerary teeth,” Journal of Conservative Dentistry, vol. 14, pp. 221–224, 2011.