- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Dentistry
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 259307, 4 pages
Plasmablastic Lymphoma of Gingiva Mimicking a Reactive Lesion: A Case Report
Department of Oral Pathology and Microbiology, Dr. D. Y. Patil Dental College and Hospital, Pimpri, Pune 411018, India
Received 19 April 2012; Accepted 24 July 2012
Academic Editors: R. S. Brown, I. El-Hakim, and M. Manfredi
Copyright © 2012 Neeta Bagul et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. J. Delecluse, I. Anagnostopoulos, F. Dallenbach et al., “Plasmablastic lymphomas of the oral cavity: a new entity associated with the human immunodeficiency virus infection,” Blood, vol. 89, no. 4, pp. 1413–1420, 1997.
- A. Carbone, A. Gloghini, V. Canzonieri, U. Tirelli, and G. Gaidano, “AIDS-related extranodal non-Hodgkin's lymphomas with plasma cell differentiation,” Blood, vol. 90, no. 3, pp. 1337–1338, 1997.
- G. S. Folk, S. L. Abbondanzo, E. L. Childers, and R. D. Foss, “Plasmablastic lymphoma: a clinicopathologic correlation,” Annals of Diagnostic Pathology, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 8–12, 2006.
- E. S. Jaffe, N. L. Harris, H. Stein, and J. W. Vardiman, World Health Organization WHO Classification of Tumours, Pathology and Genetics of Tumours of Haematopoietic and Lymphoid Tissue, IARC Press, Lyon, France, 2001.
- R. Radhakrishnan, S. Suhas, R. V. Kumar, G. Krishnanand, R. Srinivasan, and N. N. Rao, “Plasmablastic lymphoma of the oral cavity in an HIV-positive child,” Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology and Endodontology, vol. 100, no. 6, pp. 725–731, 2005.
- J. B. Epstein, R. J. Cabay, and M. Glick, “Oral malignancies in HIV disease: changes in disease presentation, increasing understanding of molecular pathogenesis, and current management,” Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology and Endodontology, vol. 100, no. 5, pp. 571–578, 2005.
- I. Hewson, “Oral plasmablastic lymphoma: a case report,” Australian Dental Journal, vol. 56, no. 3, pp. 328–330, 2011.
- S. A. Jaffar, G. Pihan, B. J. Dezube, and L. Pantanowitz, “Differentiating HIV-associated lymphomas that exhibit plasmacellular differentiation,” HIV and AIDS Review, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 43–49, 2005.
- A. Carbone, A. Gloghini, L. M. Larocca et al., “Expression profile of MUM1/IRF4, BCL-6, and CD138/syndecan-1 defines novel histogenetic subsets of human immunodeficiency virus-related lymphomas,” Blood, vol. 97, no. 3, pp. 744–751, 2001.
- L. Colomo, F. Loong, S. Rives et al., “Diffuse large B-cell lymphomas with plasmablastic differentiation represent a heterogeneous group of disease entities,” American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 28, no. 6, pp. 736–747, 2004.
- R. Chetty, N. Hlatswayo, R. Muc, R. Sabaratnam, and K. Gatter, “Plasmablastic lymphoma in HIV+ patients: an expanding spectrum,” Histopathology, vol. 42, no. 6, pp. 605–609, 2003.
- N. A. Hessol, S. Pipkin, S. Schwarcz, R. D. Cress, P. Bacchetti, and S. Scheer, “The impact of highly active antiretroviral therapy on non-AIDS-defining cancers among adults with AIDS,” American Journal of Epidemiology, vol. 165, no. 10, pp. 1143–1153, 2007.
- S. D. Nasta, G. M. Carrum, I. Shahab, N. A. Hanania, and M. M. Udden, “Regression of a plasmablastic lymphoma in a patient with HIV on highly active antiretroviral therapy,” Leukemia and Lymphoma, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 423–426, 2002.
- R. Lester, C. H. Li, P. Phillips et al., “Improved outcome of human immunodeficiency virus-associated plasmablastic lymphoma of the oral cavity in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapy: a report of two cases,” Leukemia and Lymphoma, vol. 45, no. 9, pp. 1881–1885, 2004.
- J. J. Pindborg, “Classification of oral lesions associated with HIV infection,” Oral Surgery Oral Medicine and Oral Pathology, vol. 67, no. 3, pp. 292–295, 1989.
- C. Cattaneo, F. Facchetti, A. Re et al., “Oral cavity lymphomas in immunocompetent and human immunodeficiency virus infected patients,” Leukemia and Lymphoma, vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 77–81, 2005.
- R. S. Desai, S. S. Vanaki, R. S. Puranik, G. Giraddi, and R. V. Pujari, “Plasmablastic lymphoma presenting as a gingival growth in a previously undiagnosed HIV-positive patient: a case report,” Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 65, no. 7, pp. 1358–1361, 2007.
- S. Kane, A. Khurana, G. Parulkar et al., “Minimum diagnostic criteria for plasmablastic lymphoma of oral/sinonasal region encountered in a tertiary cancer hospital of a developing country,” Journal of Oral Pathology and Medicine, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 138–144, 2009.
- P. Rafaniello Raviele, G. Pruneri, and E. Maiorano, “Plasmablastic lymphoma: a review,” Oral Diseases, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 38–45, 2009.
- S. C. Sarode, G. A. Zarkar, R. S. Desai, V. S. Sabane, and M. A. Kulkarni, “Plasmablastic lymphoma of the oral cavity in an HIV-positive patient: a case report and review of literature,” International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 38, no. 9, pp. 993–999, 2009.