- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Dentistry
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 281074, 4 pages
An Insight into the Genesis of Hypohidrotic Ectodermal Dysplasia in a Case Report
1Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology, I.T.S-CDSR, Muradnagar, Ghaziabad 201206, India
2Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology, Inderprastha Dental College, Sahibabad, Ghaziabad 201010, India
3Department of Prosthodontics, Krishna Dental College, Mohannagar, Ghaziabad 201206, India
Received 26 September 2012; Accepted 27 November 2012
Academic Editors: S. Anil and M. A. Polack
Copyright © 2012 Kiran Kumar et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. A. Weech, “Hereditary ectodermal dysplasia (congenital ectodermal defect),” American Journal of Diseases of Children, vol. 37, pp. 766–790, 1929.
- L. M. Solomon and E. J. Keuer, “The ectodermal dysplasias. Problems of classification and some newer syndromes,” Archives of Dermatology, vol. 116, no. 11, pp. 1295–1299, 1980.
- D. Perry, Living with x-linked hypohidrotic ectodermal Dysplasia. Ectodermal Dysplasia Society, 108 Charlton Lane, Cheltenham, Glos. GL53 9EA. England.
- A. Ul Bari and S. B. Rahman, “Hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasia: a case report and literature review,” Journal of Pakistan Association of Dermatologists, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 52–55, 2007.
- M. L. Mikkola, “Molecular aspects of hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasia,” American Journal of Medical Genetics A, vol. 149, no. 9, pp. 2031–2036, 2009.
- D. Berg, D. H. Weingold, K. G. Abson, and E. A. Olsen, “Sweating in ectodermal dysplasia syndromes. A review,” Archives of Dermatology, vol. 126, no. 8, pp. 1075–1079, 1990.
- P. J. Dhanrajani and A. O. Jiffry, “Management of ectodermal dysplasia: a literature review,” Dental Update, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 73–75, 1998.
- M. J. Till and A. P. Marques, “Ectodermal dysplasia: treatment considerations and case reports,” Northwest Dentistry, vol. 71, no. 3, pp. 25–28, 1992.
- I. P. Sweeney, J. W. Ferguson, A. A. Heggie, and J. O. Lucas, “Treatment outcomes for adolescent ectodermal dysplasia patients treated with dental implants,” International Journal of Paediatric Dentistry, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 241–248, 2005.
- G. Varghese and P. Sathyan, “Hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasia—a case study,” Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology Journal, vol. 2, article 1, 2011.
- B. S. Suprabha, “Hereditary ectodermal dysplasia: a case report,” Journal of the Indian Society of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 37–40, 2002.
- P. J. M. Crawford, M. J. Aldred, and A. Clarke, “Clinical and radiographic dental findings in X linked hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasia,” Journal of Medical Genetics, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 181–185, 1991.
- S. N. Ramraje, M. Wasnik, and Y. A. Momin, “Anhidrotic ectodermal dysplasia—a report of two cases,” Bombay Hospital Journal, vol. 5, article 12, 2009.
- R. Rajendran and B. Sivapathasundaram, Shafer’s Textbook of Oral Pathology, Saunders, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 5th edition, 1983.
- R. M. Shaw, “Prosthetic management of hypohydrotic ectodermal dysplasia with anodontia. Case report,” Australian Dental Journal, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 113–116, 1990.
- S. Vierucci, T. Baccetti, and I. Tollaro, “Dental and craniofacial findings in hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasia during the primary dentition phase,” The Journal of Clinical Pediatric Dentistry, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 291–297, 1994.
- J. Kere, A. K. Srivastava, O. Montonen et al., “X-linked anhidrotic (hypohidrotic) ectodermal dysplasia is caused by mutation in a novel transmembrane protein,” Nature Genetics, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 409–416, 1996.
- F. Munoz, G. Lestringant, V. Sybert et al., “Definitive evidence for an autosomal recessive form of hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasia clinically indistinguishable from the more common X-linked disorder,” American Journal of Human Genetics, vol. 61, no. 1, pp. 94–100, 1997.
- J. T. Wright, D. K. Grange, and M. K. Richter, Hypohidrotic Ectodermal Dysplasia, University of Washington, Seattle, Wash, USA, 1993.
- D. J. Headon, S. A. Emmal, B. M. Ferguson et al., “Gene defect in ectodermal dysplasia implicates a death domain adapter in development,” Nature, vol. 414, no. 6866, pp. 913–916, 2001.
- S. Cambiaghi, L. Restano, K. Pääkkönen, R. Caputo, and J. Kere, “Clinical findings in mosaic carriers of hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasia,” Archives of Dermatology, vol. 136, no. 2, pp. 217–224, 2000.
- J. Sharma and G. P. Mamatha, “Hereditary ectodermal dysplasia: diagnostic dilemmas,” Revista de Clínica e Pesquisa Odontológica, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 35–40, 2008.
- A. Kumar, M. T. Eby, S. Sinha, A. Jasmin, and P. M. Chaudhary, “The ectodermal dysplasia receptor activates the nuclear factor-κB, JNK, and cell death pathways and binds to ectodysplasin A,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 276, no. 4, pp. 2668–2677, 2001.