- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Dentistry
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 516717, 4 pages
Heterotopic Ossification: An Unusual Presentation
1Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, S. Nijalingappa Institute of Dental Sciences and Research, Gulbarga, Karnataka 585105, India
2Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology, S. Nijalingappa Institute of Dental Sciences and Research, Gulbarga, Karnataka 585105, India
3Department of Periodontics, S. Nijalingappa Institute of Dental Sciences and Research, Gulbarga, Karnataka 585105, India
Received 3 December 2012; Accepted 21 December 2012
Academic Editors: M. A. Chinelatti, M. W. Roberts, and P. R. Warren
Copyright © 2012 Satish G. Patil et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. Onder, B. Muhammed, U. Saime, and A. Haluk, “Post-traumatic heterotopic ossification of the crus: a case study,” Ortopedia Traumatologia Rehabilitacja, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 299–301, 2011.
- J. E. Hsu and M. A. Keenan, “Current review of heterotopic ossification,” Journal of Orthopaedics, vol. 20, pp. 126–130, 2010.
- E. M. Shore and F. S. Kaplan, “Inherited human diseases of heterotopic bone formation,” Nature Reviews Rheumatology, vol. 6, no. 9, pp. 518–527, 2010.
- G. A. E. Burke, D. Shah, and A. D. MacBean, “Panniculitis ossificans traumatica: an unusual presentation,” British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 46, no. 7, pp. 596–598, 2008.
- N. Yildiz and F. Ardiç, “Pathophysiology and etiology of neurogenic heterotopic ossification,” Turkish Journal of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, vol. 56, no. 2, pp. 81–87, 2010.
- E. Salisbury, E. Rodenberg, C. Sonnet et al., “Sensory nerve induced inflammation contributes to heterotopic ossification,” Journal of Cellular Biochemistry, vol. 112, no. 10, pp. 2748–2758, 2011.
- S. Saussez, C. Blaivie, M. Lemort, and G. Chantrain, “Non-traumatic myositis ossificans in the paraspinal muscles,” European Archives of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology, vol. 263, no. 4, pp. 331–335, 2006.
- C. S. L. Müller, K. Rass, and W. Tilgen, “Panniculitis ossificans non-traumatica of the scalp,” Journal of Cutaneous Pathology, vol. 37, no. 6, pp. 703–704, 2010.
- N. Adler and B. Yaffe, “Ectopic bone formation following temporalis muscle transposition for facial paralysis: a rare complication?” Annals of Plastic Surgery, vol. 55, no. 4, p. 442, 2005.
- A. Castriota-Scanderbeg and B. Dallapiccola, Abnormal Skeletal Phenotypes: from Simple Signs to Complex Diagnosis, part 2, Springer, Heidelberg, Germany, 2005.
- E. O. Baird and Q. K. Kang, “Prophylaxis of heterotopic ossification-an updated review,” Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery and Research, vol. 4, no. 1, article no. 12, 2009.