- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Dentistry
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 590406, 4 pages
Endodontic Management of Maxillary Second Molar with Two Palatal Roots: A Report of Two Cases
1Department of Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics, MGV's Karmaveer Bhausaheb Hire Dental College, Nashik 422003, India
2Department of Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics, Yogita Dental College, Khed, Ratnagiri 415709, India
Received 9 September 2012; Accepted 7 November 2012
Academic Editors: R. S. Brown, W. L. Chai, M. A. Polack, and M. W. Roberts
Copyright © 2012 Surbhi Patel and Pawan Patel. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. M. Al Shalabi, O. E. Omer, J. Glennon, M. Jennings, and N. M. Claffey, “Root canal anatomy of maxillary first and second permanent molars,” International Endodontic Journal, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 405–414, 2000.
- D. Green, “Morphology of the pulp cavity of the permanent teeth,” Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, vol. 8, no. 7, pp. 743–759, 1955.
- F. J. Vertucci, “Root canal anatomy of the human permanent teeth,” Oral Surgery Oral Medicine and Oral Pathology, vol. 58, no. 5, pp. 589–599, 1984.
- H. Libfeld and I. Rotstein, “Incidence of four-rooted maxillary second molars: literature review and radiographic survey of 1,200 teeth,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 129–131, 1989.
- W. H. Christie, M. D. Peikoff, and H. M. Fogel, “Maxillary molars with two palatal roots: a retrospective clinical study,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 80–84, 1991.
- A. M. Alavi, A. Opasanon, Y. L. Ng, and K. Gulabivala, “Root and canal morphology of Thai maxillary molars,” International Endodontic Journal, vol. 35, no. 5, pp. 478–485, 2002.
- M. D. Peikoff, W. H. Christie, and H. M. Fogel, “The maxillary second molar: variations in the number of roots and canals,” International Endodontic Journal, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 365–369, 1996.
- G. Hartwell and R. Bellizzi, “Clinical investigation of in vivo endodontically treated mandibular and maxillary molars,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 8, no. 12, pp. 555–557, 1982.
- A. H. Alani, “Endodontic treatment of bilaterally occurring 4-rooted maxillary second molars: case report,” Journal of the Canadian Dental Association, vol. 69, no. 11, pp. 733–735, 2003.
- C. L. Sabala, F. W. Benenati, and B. R. Neas, “Bilateral root or root canal aberrations in a dental school patient population,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 38–42, 1994.
- F. Baratto-Filho, L. F. Fariniuk, E. L. Ferreira, J. D. Pecora, A. M. Cruz-Filho, and M. D. Sousa-Neto, “Clinical and macroscopic study of maxillary molars with two palatal roots,” International Endodontic Journal, vol. 35, no. 9, pp. 796–801, 2002.