- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Dentistry
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 603583, 3 pages
Dens Evaginatus in Proximal Surface of Mandibular Premolar: A Rare Presentation
1Department of Oral Pathology, Indira Gandhi Institute of Dental Sciences, Pillayarkuppam, Puducherry, India
2Department of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, Indira Gandhi Institute of Dental Sciences, Pillayarkuppam, Puducherry, India
3MR Ambedkar Dental College and Hospital, 1/36 Cline Road, Cooke Town, Bangalore 560 005, India
Received 6 June 2012; Accepted 12 July 2012
Academic Editors: D. Guvenc, A. Kasaj, and M. W. Roberts
Copyright © 2012 Shanthi Viswanathan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Sharma, “Dens evaginatus of anterior teeth (talon cusp) associated with other odontogenic anomalies,” Journal of Indian Society of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, vol. 24, supplement 1, pp. S41–S43, 2006.
- S. Stecker and A. J. DiAngelis, “Dens evaginatus: a diagnostic and treatment challenge,” The Journal of the American Dental Association, vol. 133, no. 2, pp. 190–193, 2002.
- M. E. Levitan and V. T. Himel, “Dens evaginatus: literature review, pathophysiology, and comprehensive treatment regimen,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 1–9, 2006.
- I. Miletich and P. T. Sharpe, “Normal and abnormal dental development,” Human Molecular Genetics, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. R69–R73, 2003.
- S. V. Nirmala, R. Challa, L. Velpula, and S. Nuvvula, “Unusual occurrence of accessory central cusp in the maxillary second primary molar,” Contemporary Clinical Dentistry, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 127–130, 2011.
- I. Thesleff, S. Keränen, and J. Jernvall, “Enamel knots as signaling centers linking tooth morphogenesis and odontoblast differentiation,” Advances in Dental Research, vol. 15, pp. 14–18, 2001.
- I. Thesleff and P. Sharpe, “Signalling networks regulating dental development,” Mechanisms of Development, vol. 67, no. 2, pp. 111–123, 1997.
- S. Suksamai, “The prevalence of dens evaginatus and apical periodontitis in dens evaginatus in a group of Thai school children,” CU Dental Journal, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 43–52, 2008.
- A. A. M. Hamasha and R. A. Safadi, “Prevalence of talon cusps in Jordanian permanent teeth: a radiographic study,” BMC Oral Health, vol. 10, no. 1, article 6, 2010.
- E. Dankner, D. Harari, and I. Rotstein, “Dens evaginatus of anterior teeth Literature review and radiographic survey of 15,000 teeth,” Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology, and Endodontics, vol. 81, no. 4, pp. 472–475, 1996.
- S. Y. Cho, Y. Ki, V. Chu, and J. Chan, “Concomitant developmental dental anomalies in Chinese children with dens evaginatus,” International Journal of Paediatric Dentistry, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 247–251, 2006.
- W. K. Yip, “The prevalence of dens evaginatus,” Oral Surgery Oral Medicine and Oral Pathology, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 80–87, 1974.