- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Dentistry
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 629180, 5 pages
Autotransplantation of Mandibular Third Molar: A Case Report
Department of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics, GITAM Dental College and Hospital, Visakhapatnam 530045, Andhra Pradesh, India
Received 30 October 2012; Accepted 28 November 2012
Academic Editors: C. Farah and M. J. Wahl
Copyright © 2012 Pabbati Ravi kumar et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. S. Cohen, T. C. Shen, and M. A. Pogrel, “Transplanting teeth successfully: autografts and allografts that work,” The Journal of the American Dental Association, vol. 126, no. 4, pp. 481–500, 1995.
- P. P. Reich, “Autogenous Transplantation of Maxillary and Mandibular Molars,” Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 66, no. 11, pp. 2314–2317, 2008.
- S. Asgary and S. Ehsani, “Autotransplantation of a third molar with complete root development: a case report,” International Journal of Surgical Research, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 1–6, 2012.
- C. M. L. Clokie, D. M. Yau, and L. Chano, “Autogenous tooth transplantation: an alternative to dental implant placement?” Journal of the Canadian Dental Association, vol. 67, no. 2, pp. 92–96, 2001.
- H. Apfel, “Autoplasty of enucleated prefunctional third molars,” Journal of Oral Surgery, Anesthesia, and Hospital Dental Service, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 289–296, 1950.
- H. M. Miller, “Transplantation, a case report,” The Journal of the American Dental Association, vol. 40, article 237, 1950.
- M. Tsukiboshi, “Autotransplantation of teeth: requirements for predictable success,” Dental Traumatology, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 157–180, 2002.
- T. Lundberg and S. Isaksson, “A clinical follow-up study of 278 autotransplanted teeth,” British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 181–185, 1996.
- B. Mejàre, K. Wannfors, and L. Jansson, “A prospective study on transplantation of third molars with complete root formation,” Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology, and Endodontics, vol. 97, no. 2, pp. 231–238, 2004.
- C. S. Teixeira, B. Pasternak Jr., L. P. Vansan, and M. D. Sousa-Neto, “Autogenous transplantation of teeth with complete root formation: two case reports,” International Endodontic Journal, vol. 39, no. 12, pp. 977–985, 2006.
- E. Kim, J. Y. Jung, I. H. Cha, K. Y. Kum, and S. J. Lee, “Evaluation of the prognosis and causes of failure in 182 cases of autogenous tooth transplantation,” Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology and Endodontology, vol. 100, no. 1, pp. 112–119, 2005.
- J. O. Andreasen, “Periodontal healing after replantation and autotransplantation of incisors in monkeys,” International Journal of Oral Surgery, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 54–61, 1981.
- G. Nethander, “Periodontal conditions of teeth autogenously transplanted by a two-stage technique,” Journal of Periodontal Research, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 250–258, 1994.
- V. Gopikrishna, T. Thomas, and D. Kandaswamy, “A quantitative analysis of coconut water: a new storage media for avulsed teeth,” Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology and Endodontology, vol. 105, no. 2, pp. e61–e65, 2008.
- J. H. Bae, Y. H. Choi, B. H. Cho, Y. K. Kim, and S. G. Kim, “Autotransplantation of teeth with complete root formation: a case series,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 36, no. 8, pp. 1422–1426, 2010.
- J. O. Andreasen, “Effect of extra-alveolar period and storage media upon periodontal and pulpal healing after replantation of mature permanent incisors in monkeys,” International Journal of Oral Surgery, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 43–53, 1981.
- A. Skoglund, “Pulpal changes in replanted and autotransplanted apicoectomized mature teeth of dogs,” International Journal of Oral Surgery, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 111–121, 1981.
- A. Skoglund, “Vascular changes in replanted and autotransplanted apicoectomized mature teeth of dogs,” International Journal of Oral Surgery, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 100–110, 1981.
- P. C. Azevedo, C. C. G. Moura, D. Zanetta-Barbosa, and N. Bernadineli, “Time of endodontic treatment in autogenic transplants of mature teeth: histological study in dogs,” Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology and Endodontology, vol. 104, no. 2, pp. 287–293, 2007.
- R. A. Mendes and G. Rocha, “Mandibular third molar autotransplantation—literature review with clinical cases,” Journal of the Canadian Dental Association, vol. 70, no. 11, pp. 761–766, 2004.
- S. Asgary, “Autogenous transplantation of mandibular third molar to replace vertical root fractured tooth,” Iranian Endodontic Journal, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 118–122, 2009.