- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Dentistry
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 670745, 3 pages
Mandibular Talon Cusp in Primary Lateral Incisor: A Rare Case Report
1Department of Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry, Faculty of Dental Sciences, Sri Ramachandra
University, Chennai 600116, India
2Department of Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry, SRM Dental College, SRM University, Chennai 600089, India
3Department of Pedodontics, Ultra Best Dental Science College, Madurai, India
Received 23 November 2012; Accepted 12 December 2012
Academic Editors: A. Milosevic, A. Scribante, and E. F. Wright
Copyright © 2012 Swaminathan Kavitha et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. N. Hattab, O. M. Yassin, and K. S. Al-Nimri, “Talon cusp in permanent dentition associated with other dental anomalies: review of literature and reports of seven cases,” Journal of Dentistry for Children, vol. 63, no. 5, pp. 368–376, 1996.
- W. H. Mitchell, “Case report,” Dental Cosmos, vol. 34, p. 1036, 1892.
- J. K. Mellor and L. W. Ripa, “Talon cusp: a clinically significant anomaly,” Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 225–228, 1970.
- G. Lomçali, S. Hazar, and H. Altinbulak, “Talon cusp: report of five cases.,” Quintessence International, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 431–433, 1994.
- C. L. Mader, “Talon cusp,” The Journal of the American Dental Association, vol. 103, no. 2, pp. 244–246, 1981.
- J. J. Segura-Egea, A. Jiménez-Rubio, E. Velasce-Ortega, and J. V. Ríos-Santos, “Talon cusp causing occlusal trauma and acute apical periodontitis: report of a case,” Dental Traumatology, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 55–59, 2003.
- J. K. Dash, P. K. Sahoo, and S. N. Das, “Talon cusp associated with other dental anomalies: a case report,” International Journal of Paediatric Dentistry, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 295–300, 2004.
- O. Tulunoglu, D. U. Cankala, and R. C. Ozedmir, “Talon's cusp: report of four unusual cases,” Journal of Indian Society of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 52–55, 2007.
- P. J. Davis and A. H. Brook, “The presentation of talon cusp: diagnosis, clinical features, associations and possible aetiology,” British Dental Journal, vol. 160, no. 3, pp. 84–88, 1986.
- S. Hegde and B. R. A. Kumar, “Mandibular talon cusp: report of two rare cases,” International Journal of Paediatric Dentistry, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 303–306, 1999.
- F. N. Hattab, O. M. Yassin, and K. S. Al-Nimri, “Talon cusp–clinical significance and management: case reports,” Quintessence international, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 115–120, 1995.
- C. K. Lee, N. M. King, E. C. M. Lo, and S. Y. Cho, “The relationship between a primary maxillary incisor with a talon cusp and the permanent successor: a study of 57 cases,” International Journal of Paediatric Dentistry, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 178–185, 2007.
- S. Sarkar and J. Misra, “Talon cusp in the deciduous dentition: a case report,” Journal of the Indian Society of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 151–152, 2000.
- J. J. Segura-Egea, A. Jiménez-Rubio, J. V. Ríos-Santos, and E. Velasco-Ortega, “Dens evaginatus of anterior teeth (talon cusp): report of five cases,” Quintessence International, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 272–277, 2003.
- C. L. Mader and S. L. Kellogg, “Primary talon cusp,” ASDC Journal of Dentistry for Children, vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 223–226, 1985.
- F. N. Hattab and O. M. Yassin, “Bilateral talon cusps on primary central incisors: a case report,” International Journal of Paediatric Dentistry, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 191–195, 1996.
- F. N. Hattab and A. M. Hazza, “An unusual case of talon cusp on geminated tooth,” Journal of the Canadian Dental Association, vol. 67, no. 5, pp. 263–266, 2001.