- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Dentistry
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 734670, 4 pages
Fused Double Supernumerary Premolars of the Mandible: A Rare Case
1Division of Oral Medicine and Radiology, College of Dentistry, King Khalid University, Abha, Saudi Arabia
2Division of Oral Biology, College of Dentistry, King Khalid University, Abha, Saudi Arabia
3Division of Oral Surgery, College of Dentistry, King Khalid University, Abha, Saudi Arabia
Received 3 November 2012; Accepted 23 November 2012
Academic Editors: N. Brezniak, I. El-Hakim, and T. Hata
Copyright © 2012 Ali Azhar Dawasaz et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Solares and M. I. Romero, “Supernumerary premolars: a literature review,” Pediatric Dentistry, vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 450–458, 2004.
- S. N. Fazliah, “Supernumerary tooth: report of a case,” Archives of Orofacial Sciences, vol. 2, pp. 54–58, 2007.
- G. S. Taylor, “Characteristics of supernumerary teeth in the primary and permanent dentition,” The Dental practitioner and dental record, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 203–208, 1972.
- J. F. Liu, “Characteristics of premaxillary supernumerary teeth: a survey of 112 cases,” Journal of Dentistry for Children, vol. 62, no. 4, pp. 262–265, 1995.
- I. Alvarez and C. J. Creath, “Radiographic considerations for supernumerary tooth extraction: report of case,” Journal of Dentistry for Children, vol. 62, no. 2, pp. 141–144, 1995.
- H. K. Hyun, S. J. Lee, B. D. Ahn et al., “Nonsyndromic multiple mandibular supernumerary premolars,” Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 66, no. 7, pp. 1366–1369, 2008.
- E. Ferrés-Padró, J. Prats-Armengol, and E. Ferrés-Amat, “A descriptive study of 113 unerupted supernumerary teeth in 79 pediatric patients in Barcelona,” Medicina Oral, Patologia Oral y Cirugia Bucal, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. E146–E152, 2009.
- S. N. Sykaras, “Mesiodens in primary and permanent dentitions. Report of a case,” Oral Surgery Oral Medicine and Oral Pathology, vol. 39, no. 6, pp. 870–874, 1975.
- J. H. Gardiner, “Supernumerary teeth,” Dental practice, vol. 12, pp. 63–73, 1961.
- S. N. Bhaskar, Synopsis of Oral Pathology, C. V. Mosby, St. Louis, Miss, USA, 1961.
- L. D. Rajab and M. A. M. Hamdan, “Supernumerary teeth: review of the literature and a survey of 152 cases,” International Journal of Paediatric Dentistry, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 244–254, 2002.
- M. M. Nazif, R. C. Ruffalo, and T. Zullo, “Impacted supernumerary teeth: a survey of 50 cases,” The Journal of the American Dental Association, vol. 106, no. 2, pp. 201–204, 1983.
- Grahnen and B. C. Lindahl, “Supernumerary teeth in the permanent dentition: a frequency study,” Odontologisk Revy, vol. 12, pp. 290–294, 1961.
- J. K. Dash, P. K. Sahoo, S. Das, and U. K. Mohanty, “Prevalence of supernumerary teeth in deciduous and mixed dentition,” Journal of the Indian Society of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 37–41, 2003.
- E. C. Stafne, “Supernumerary teeth,” Dental Cosmos, vol. 74, pp. 653–659, 1932.
- J. F. Salcido-García, C. Ledesma-Montes, F. Hernández-Flores, D. Pérez, and M. Garcés-Ortíz, “Frequency of supernumerary teeth in Mexican population,” Medicina Oral, Patologia Oral y Cirugia Bucal, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 407–409, 2004.
- L. K. Rubenstein, S. J. Lindauer, R. J. Isaacson, and N. Germane, “Development of supernumerary premolars in an orthodontic population,” Oral Surgery Oral Medicine and Oral Pathology, vol. 71, no. 3, pp. 392–395, 1991.
- E. Esenlik, M. O. Sayin, A. O. Atilla, T. Özen, C. Altun, and F. Başak, “Supernumerary teeth in a Turkish population,” American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, vol. 136, no. 6, pp. 848–852, 2009.
- I. Bodin, P. Julin, and M. Thomsson, “Hyperodontia. I. Frequency and distribution of supernumerary teeth among 21,609 patients,” Dentomaxillofacial Radiology, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 15–17, 1978.
- M. Koul and R. Koul, “An impacted supplemental premolar in the mandible,” Journal of Indian Society of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, vol. 24, pp. S38–S40, 2006.
- G.-S. Kaya, G. Yapici, M. M. Ömezli, and E. Dayi, “Non-syndromic supernumerary premolars,” Medicina Oral, Patologia Oral y Cirugia Bucal, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. e522–e525, 2011.
- C. Schulze, “Developmental anomalies of the teeth and the jaws,” in Thoma's Oral Pathology, R. J. Gorlin and H. M. Goldman, Eds., pp. 96–183, St. Louis, Miss, USA, 6th edition, 1970.
- W. G. Shafer, M. K. Hine, and B. M. Levy, A Textbook of Oral Pathology, W. B. Saunders, Philadelphia, Miss, USA, 3rd edition, 1974.
- R. J. Lowell and A. L. Soloman, “Fused teeth,” The Journal of the American Dental Association, vol. 68, no. 5, pp. 762–763, 1964.
- R. Stewart and G. H. Prescott, “Genetic aspects of anomalous tooth development,” in Oral Facial Genetics, pp. 138–142, C. V. Mosby, St. Louis, Miss, USA, 1976.
- S. C. Maréchaux, “The treatment of fusion of a maxillary central incisor and a supernumerary: report of a case,” Journal of Dentistry for Children, vol. 51, no. 3, pp. 196–199, 1984.
- A. Peyrano and O. Zmener, “Endodontic management of mandibular lateral incisor fused with supernumerary tooth,” Endodontics & Dental Traumatology, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 196–198, 1995.
- A. Díaz, J. Orozco, and M. Fonseca, “Multiple hyperodontia: report of a case with 17 supernumerary teeth with non syndromic association,” Medicina Oral, Patologia Oral y Cirugia Bucal, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. E229–E231, 2009.
- J. A. Salzman, Orthodontics in Daily Practice, J. B. Lippincott, Toronto, Canada, 1974.