- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Dentistry
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 756526, 5 pages
Traumatic Dental Injury—An Enigma for Adolescents: A Series of Case Reports
1Department of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics, Peoples College of Dental Sciences and Research Centre, Bhopal 462037, India
2Dayanand Sagar College of Dental Sciences, Karnataka, Bangalore 560078, India
3Department of Endodontics, Vydehi Dental College, Karnataka, Bangalore 560066, India
Received 19 August 2012; Accepted 24 September 2012
Academic Editors: R. S. Brown, M. Feichtinger, M. H. K. Motamedi, and M. A. Polack
Copyright © 2012 Akash Krishna et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. F. Murchison, F. J. T. Burke, and R. B. Worthington, “Incisal edge reattachment: indications for use and clinical technique,” British Dental Journal, vol. 186, no. 12, pp. 614–619, 1999.
- G. E. Ellis and K. W. Davey, The Classification and Treatment of Injuries To the Teeth of Children, Year Book Medical, Chicago, Ill, USA, 5th edition, 1970.
- J. O. Andreasen and F. M. Andreasen, Textbook and Color Atlas of Traumatic Injuries To the Teeth, Munksgaard Danmark, Copenhagen, Denmark, 3rd edition, 1993.
- J. C. Clark and J. E. Jones, “Tooth fragments embedded in soft tissue: a diagnostic consideration.,” Quintessence international, vol. 18, no. 9, pp. 653–654, 1987.
- G. V. MacEdo, P. I. Diaz, C. A. De, and A. V. Ritter, “Reattachment of anterior teeth fragments: a conservative approach,” Journal of Esthetic and Restorative Dentistry, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 5–18, 2008.
- I. Álvares, L. G. Sensi, E. M. Araujo, and E. Araujo, “Silicone index: an alternative approach for tooth fragment reattachment,” Journal of Esthetic and Restorative Dentistry, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 240–245, 2007.
- A. Shivakumar and S. G. Bardvalli, “An alternative approach for reattachment of the fractured fragment- a case report.,” Journal of Contemporary Dental Practice, vol. 2, pp. 48–51, 2011.
- A. Chosack and E. Eidelman, “Rehabilitation of a fractured incisor using the patient's natural crown. Case report,” Journal of Dentistry For Children, vol. 31, pp. 19–21, 1964.
- F. C. S. Chu, T. M. Yim, and S. H. Y. Wei, “Clinical considerations for reattachment of tooth fragments,” Quintessence International, vol. 31, no. 6, pp. 385–391, 2000.
- A. Samadzadeh, G. Kugel, E. Hurley, and A. Aboushala, “Fracture strengths of provisional restorations reinforced with plasma-treated woven polyethylene fiber,” Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, vol. 78, no. 5, pp. 447–450, 1997.
- A. J. E. Qualtrough and F. Mannocci, “Tooth-colored post systems: a review,” Operative Dentistry, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 86–91, 2003.
- S. Pama-Benfenati, P. A. Fugazzotto, P. M. Ferreira, M. P. Ruben, and G. M. Kramer, “The effect of restorative margins on the postsurgical development and nature of the periodontium. Part II. Anatomical considerations,” The International Journal of Periodontics & Restorative Dentistry, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 64–75, 1986.
- L. Giachetti, F. Bertini, and R. Rotundo, “Crown-root reattachment of a severe subgingival tooth fracture: a 15-month periodontal evaluation,” The International Journal of Periodontics & Restorative Dentistry, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 393–399, 2010.
- M. K. Caliskan, “Surgical extrusion of a cervically root-fractured tooth after apexification treatment,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 25, no. 7, pp. 509–513, 1999.
- S. Olsburgh, T. Jacoby, and I. Krejci, “Crown fractures in the permanent dentition: pulpal and restorative considerations,” Dental Traumatology, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 103–115, 2002.
- R. D. Trushkowsky, “Esthetic, biologic, and restorative considerations in coronal segment reattachment for a fractured tooth: a clinical report,” Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, vol. 79, no. 2, pp. 115–119, 1998.
- J. C. Meiers and M. A. Freilich, “Chairside prefabricated fiber-reinforced resin composite fixed partial dentures,” Quintessence International, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 99–104, 2001.
- G. J. Christensen, “Posts: necessary or unnecessary?” Journal of the American Dental Association, vol. 127, no. 10, pp. 1522–1524, 1996.
- K. C. Trabert, A. A. Caputo, and M. Abou-Rass, “Tooth fracture 3-A comparison of endodontic and restorative treatments,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 4, no. 11, pp. 341–345, 1978.