- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Dentistry
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 985215, 5 pages
Treatment of a Vertical Root Fracture Using Dual-Curing Resin Cement: A Case Report
1Department of Endodontics, Dental School, Qazvin University of Medical Sciences, Qazvin 34157-59811, Iran
2Iranian Center for Endodontic Research, Dental Research Center, Dental School, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran 19839-63113, Iran
3Dental Research Center, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran 19839-63113, Iran
Received 15 October 2012; Accepted 5 December 2012
Academic Editors: M. Feichtinger and A. Kasaj
Copyright © 2012 Nima Moradi Majd et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Tamse, Z. Fuss, J. Lustig, and J. Kaplavi, “An evaluation of endodontically treated vertically fractured teeth,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 25, no. 7, pp. 506–508, 1999.
- A. Tamse, “Vertical root fractures in endodontically treated teeth: diagnostic signs and clinical management,” Endodontic Topics, vol. 13, pp. 84–94, 2006.
- Z. Fuss, J. Lustig, and A. Tamse, “Prevalence of vertical root fractures in extracted endodontically treated teeth,” International Endodontic Journal, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 283–286, 1999.
- C. R. M. Coppens and R. J. G. DeMoor, “Prevalence of vertical root fractures in extracted endodontically treated teeth,” International Endodontic Journal, vol. 36, article 926, 2003.
- C. M. Sedgley and H. H. Messer, “Are endodontically treated teeth more brittle?” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 18, no. 7, pp. 332–335, 1992.
- N. Malhotra, M. Kundabala, and S. Acharaya, “A review of root fractures: diagnosis, treatment and prognosis,” Dental Update, vol. 38, no. 9, pp. 615-16, 619-20, 623–624, 2011.
- S. G. Floratos and S. I. Kratchman, “Surgical management of vertical root fractures for posterior teeth: report of four cases,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 550–555, 2012.
- D. N. Dederich, “CO2 laser fusion of a vertical root fracture,” Journal of the American Dental Association, vol. 130, no. 8, pp. 1195–1199, 1999.
- S. Y. Özer, G. Ünlü, and Y. Değer, “Diagnosis and treatment of endodontically treated teeth with vertical root fracture: three case reports with two-year follow-up,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 97–102, 2011.
- M. Hayashi, Y. Kinomoto, M. Miura, L. Sato, F. Takeshige, and S. Ebisu, “Short-term evaluation of intentional replantation of vertically fractured roots reconstructed with dentin-bonded resin,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 120–124, 2002.
- F. Arıkan, M. Franko, and A. Gürkan, “Replantation of a vertically fractured maxillary central incisor after repair with adhesive resin,” International Endodontic Journal, vol. 41, pp. 73–79, 2008.
- M. Hayashi, Y. Kinomoto, F. Takeshige, and S. Ebisu, “Prognosis of intentional replantation of vertically fractured roots reconstructed with dentin-bonded resin,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 145–148, 2004.
- M. Oztürk and G. C. Unal, “A successful treatment of vertical root fracture: a case report and 4-year follow-up,” Dental Traumatology, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. e56–e60, 2008.
- J. G. Madison III and S. D. Hokett, “The effects of different tetracyclines on the dentin root surface of instrumented, periodontally involved human teeth: a comparative scanning electron microscope study,” Journal of Periodontology, vol. 68, no. 8, pp. 739–745, 1997.
- J. Ghoddusi, J. Tavakkol Afshari, Z. Donyavi, A. Brook, R. Disfani, and M. Esmaeelzadeh, “Cytotoxic effect of a new endodontic cement and mineral trioxide aggregate on L929 line culture,” Iranian Endodontic Journal, vol. 3, pp. 17–23, 2008.
- S. Asgary, M. J. Eghbal, M. Parirokh, and H. Torabzadeh, “Sealing ability of three commercial mineral trioxide aggregates and an experimental root-end filling material,” Iranian Endodontic Journal, vol. 1, pp. 101–105, 2006.
- M. Adel, M. M. Nima, S. Shivaie Kojoori, H. Norooz Oliaie, N. Naghavi, and S. Asgary, “Comparison of endodontic biomaterials as apical barriers in simulated open apices,” ISRN Dentistry, vol. 2012, Article ID 359873, 2012.
- J. O. Andreasen, E. C. Munksgaard, L. Fredebo, and J. Rud, “Periodontal tissue regeneration including cementogenesis adjacent to dentin-bonded retrograde composite fillings in humans,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 151–153, 1993.
- K. U. Zaman, T. Sugaya, O. Hongo, and H. Kato, “A study of attached and oriented human periodontal ligament cells to periodontally diseased cementum and dentin after demineralizing with neutral and low pH etching solution,” Journal of Periodontology, vol. 71, no. 7, pp. 1094–1099, 2000.
- L. Andersson, L. Blomlöf, S. Lindskog, B. Feiglin, and L. Hammarström, “Tooth ankylosis. Clinical, radiographic and histological assessments,” International Journal of Oral Surgery, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 423–431, 1984.
- A. Stenvik, E. M. Stermer Beyer-Olsen, F. Abyholm, H. R. Haanaes, and N. W. Gerner, “Validity of the radiographic assessment of ankylosis,” Acta Odontologica Scandinavica, vol. 48, no. 4, pp. 265–269, 1990.