- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Dentistry
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 212106, 4 pages
Orthodontic Elastic Embedded in Gingiva for 7 Years
1Department of Periodontics and Oral Implantology, Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi 110002, India
2Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi 110002, India
Received 5 June 2013; Accepted 10 July 2013
Academic Editors: Y.-K. Chen and R. Crespi
Copyright © 2013 Shruti Tandon et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. I. Zager and M. L. Barnett, “Severe bone loss in a child initiated by multiple orthodontic rubber bands: case report,” Journal of Periodontology, vol. 45, no. 9, pp. 701–704, 1974.
- Y. Zilberman, A. Shteyer, and B. Azaz, “Iatrogenic exfoliation of teeth by the incorrect use of orthodontic elastic bands,” The Journal of the American Dental Association, vol. 93, no. 1, pp. 89–93, 1976.
- W. F. Waggoner and K. D. Ray, “Bone loss in the permanent dentition as a result of improper orthodontic elastic band use: a case report,” Quintessence international, vol. 20, no. 9, pp. 653–656, 1989.
- M. A. Lochhead and K. Gravitis, “Foreign body gingivitis: a literature review,” Canadian Journal of Dental Hygiene, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 318–324, 2006.
- T. Becker and A. Neronov, “Orthodontic elastic separator-induced periodontal abscess: a case report,” Case Reports in Dentistry, vol. 2012, Article ID 463903, 3 pages, 2012.
- S. Nettem, S. K. Nettemu, K. K. Kumar, G. V. Reddy, and P. S. Kumar, “Spontaneous reversibility of an iatrogenic orthodontic elastic band-induced localized periodontitis following surgical intervention—case report,” The Malaysian Journal of Medical Sciences, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 77–80, 2012.
- H. S. Koppang, A. Roushan, A. Srafilzadeh, S. Ø. Stølen, and R. Koppang, “Foreign body gingival lesions: Distribution, morphology, identification by X-ray energy dispersive analysis and possible origin of foreign material,” Journal of Oral Pathology and Medicine, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 161–172, 2007.
- K. F. Lim, “Latex elastic-induced periodontal damage: a case report on the subsequent orthodontic management,” Quintessence International, vol. 27, no. 10, pp. 685–690, 1996.
- M. N. Al-Qutub, “Orthodontic elastic band-induced periodontitis—a case report,” Saudi Dental Journal, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 49–53, 2012.
- Y. Lin, Y. Huang, S. Chang, and H. Hong, “Sequelae of iatrogenic periodontal destruction associated with elastics and permanent incisors: literature review and report of 3 cases,” Pediatric Dentistry, vol. 33, no. 7, pp. 516–521, 2011.
- G. St George and M. A. Donachie, “Case report: orthodontic separators as periodontal ligatures in periodontal bone loss,” The European Journal of Prosthodontics and Restorative Dentistry, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 97–99, 2002.
- Z. Harrington and U. Darbar, “Localised periodontitis associated with an ectopic orthodontic separator,” Primary Dental Care, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 5–6, 2007.
- A. E. Vishwanath, B. K. Sharmada, S. S. Pai, and N. Nelvigi, “Severe bone loss induced by orthodontic elastic separator: A Rare Case Report,” Journal of Indian Orthodontic Society, vol. 47, no. 2, pp. 97–99, 2013.
- P. Diedrich, I. Rudzki-Janson, H. Wehrbein, and U. Fritz, “Effects of orthodontic bands on marginal periodontal tissues: a histologic study on two human specimens,” Journal of Orofacial Orthopedics, vol. 62, no. 2, pp. 146–156, 2001.