- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Dentistry
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 796242, 4 pages
Management of a Severely Submerged Primary Molar: A Case Report
1Pediatric Dentistry, Dental Material Research Center, School of Dentistry, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Mashhad, Iran
2Department of Pediatric Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Shahid Sadoughi University of Medical Sciences, Yazd, Iran
Received 30 January 2013; Accepted 31 March 2013
Academic Editors: M. Ashkenazi, C. Evans, H. C. Gungor, and M. A. Polack
Copyright © 2013 Iman Parisay et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Z. Kirziolu, H. Karayilmaz, and B. Baykal, “Value of computed tomography (CT) in imaging the morbidity of submerged molars: a case report,” European Journal of Dentistry, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 246–250, 2007.
- J. A. Dean, D. R. Aery, and R. E. McDonald, Dentistry for the Child and Adolescent, Mosby, St. Louis, Mo, USA, 9th edition, 2011.
- F. R. Jenkins and R. E. Nichol, “Atypical retention of infraoccluded primary molars with permanent successor teeth,” European Archives of Paediatric Dentistry, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 51–55, 2008.
- S. Ponduri, D. J. Birnie, and J. R. Sandy, “Infraocclusion of secondary deciduous molars—an unusual outcome,” Journal of Orthodontics, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 186–189, 2009.
- L. B. Messer and J. T. Cline, “Ankylosed primary molars: results and treatment recommendations from an eight-year longitudinal study,” Pediatric Dentistry, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 37–47, 1980.
- B. Suprabha and S. Pai, “Ankylosis of primary molar along with congenitally missing first permanent molar,” Journal of Indian Society of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, vol. 24, pp. 35–37, 2006.
- J. Kurol and B. Thilander, “Infraocclusion of primary molars and the effect on occlusal development, a longitudinal study,” European Journal of Orthodontics, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 277–293, 1984.
- F. J. Krakowiak, “Ankylosed primary molars,” Journal of Dentistry for Children, vol. 45, no. 4, pp. 288–292, 1978.
- J. Kurol and L. Olson, “Ankylosis of primary molars-a future periodontal threat to the first permanent molars?” European Journal of Orthodontics, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 404–409, 1991.
- G. K. Belanger, M. Strange, and J. R. Sexton, “Early ankylosis of a primary molar with self-correction: case report,” Pediatric Dentistry, vol. 8, pp. 37–40, 1986.
- G. B. Winter, M. J. Gelbier, and J. R. Goodman, “Severe Infra-occlusion and failed eruption of deciduous molars associated with eruptive and developmental disturbances in the permanent dentition: a report of 28 selected cases,” British Journal of Orthodontics, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 149–157, 1997.
- G. M. Raghoebar, G. Boering, H. W. B. Jansen, and A. Vissink, “Secondary retention of permanent molars: a histologic study,” Journal of Oral Pathology and Medicine, vol. 18, no. 8, pp. 427–431, 1989.
- W. Biederman, “Etiology and treatment of tooth ankylosis,” American Journal of Orthodontics, vol. 48, no. 9, pp. 670–684, 1962.
- I. M. Skolnick, “Ankylosis of maxillary permanent first molar,” The Journal of the American Dental Association, vol. 100, no. 4, pp. 558–560, 1980.
- N. A. Lygidakis, S. Bafis, and E. Vidaki, “Case report: surgical luxation and elevation as treatment approach for secondary eruption failure of permanent molars,” European Archives of Paediatric Dentistry, vol. 10, supplement 1, pp. 46–48, 2009.